PDA

View Full Version : Fred Shred stripped of Knighthood

Dedworth
31st January 2012, 18:44
This news should please our new forum activist / fellow traveller

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/01/31/uk-britain-rbs-knighthood-idUKTRE80U1ME20120131

The government on Tuesday said it would cancel the knighthood of former Royal Bank of Scotland chief Fred Goodwin following his role in the bank's failure during the credit crisis.

Englishman2010
31st January 2012, 18:47
Fred Goodwin isn't without blame in the RBS fiasco, but the ultimate regulator of the time (Labour Gov't) created the climate in which RBS could take stupid risks and never thought to keep a proper eye on the city. Brown, Blair and Darling are the one's who should be stripped of their titles, salaries and comfy pensions:cwm23:

grahamw48
31st January 2012, 19:08
Absolutely right, and the village idiot Sillyband is still trying to pretend it's all the fault of a government not even in power at the time. :NoNo:

KeithD
31st January 2012, 20:09
Can I have his knighthood? Then you can all :icon_sorry::icon_sorry::icon_sorry::icon_sorry::icon_sorry::icon_sorry: to me :D

Terpe
31st January 2012, 20:17
Just shows just how much importance we place on such titles :Erm:
Keith can have the knighthood if I can have a share of his truly humungus pension :cwm24:

Englishman2010
31st January 2012, 20:34
Just shows just how much importance we place on such titles :Erm:
Keith can have the knighthood if I can have a share of his truly humungus pension :cwm24:

It's just the same in business Terpe, over the years I've met many people in my line of business who place great importance on their titles. I really don't care what title I/others have, ability to do the job is the only thing that bothers me, and of course how much I get paid:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
1st February 2012, 01:02
Hmm :rolleyes: ... daft :crazy: as it may SEEM, if I'd been in Sir Fred's ... :Erm: ... Mr Goodwin's shoes, I think I would've PREFERRED to have forfeited the MASSIVE PENSION than the knighthood!

But then ... :anerikke: ... that's just ME! And he wasn't given the choice. :NoNo:

Dedworth
1st February 2012, 01:08
Hmm :rolleyes: ... daft :crazy: as it may SEEM, if I'd been in Sir Fred's ... :Erm: ... Mr Goodwin's shoes, I think I would've PREFERRED to have forfeited the MASSIVE PENSION than the knighthood!

Readies and fat pension for me Arthur - they ought to be dealing with these other crooked title holders in the same way Archer, Hanningfield, Taylor etc

grahamw48
1st February 2012, 01:38

But then ... :anerikke: ... that's just ME! And he wasn't given the choice. :NoNo:

Might be too late to receive your honour soon Arthur, if Mr.Salmond gets his way. :Erm:

bigmarco
1st February 2012, 06:07
In view of the fact that he was awarded the title for services to Banking, I feel they had little choice but to take it away. Perhaps if he gave half his pension to the Princes Trust they could give it back to him for services to charity.