PDA

View Full Version : fiancee visa from manila/philippines

michael
31st July 2005, 19:15
hiya,im a uk resident i got my indifinite leave to remain in uk last august 2004.im planning to get my fiancee from philippines and get married her in uk..weve beentogether for about 2years and 5months.im a filipino nurse.i went home last april2004 to prposed her and get engaged with her,i have no plan to get married before
my flight to phillipines...so i want to married her in uk..i dont know what to do..is she qualified for a fiancee visa?i want your advise please.thank you.

mic

ginapeterb
31st July 2005, 19:21
Originally posted by michael@Jul 31 2005, 06:15 PM
hiya,im a uk resident i got my indifinite leave to remain in uk last august 2004.im planning to get my fiancee from philippines and get married her in uk..weve beentogether for about 2years and 5months.im a filipino nurse.i went home last april2004 to prposed her and get engaged with her,i have no plan to get married before
my flight to phillipines...so i want to married her in uk..i dont know what to do..is she qualified for a fiancee visa?i want your advise please.thank you.
mic

Quoted post

Michael, if you have indefinate leave to remain, and you are Nurse, then you can apply to have your fiancee come to UK, provided you can satisfy the rules.

You must have adequate income and accomodation to support your fiancee, your fiancee needs to make an application at the Brit Embassy in Manila.

You must go to the Courting and Relationships section and read the information there, or go to the British Citizenship/UK Visa section the same is there.

You will need to let you fiancee call the CAVA numbers in the Philippines and arrange an appointment, to be interviewed, she will have to demonstrate your relationship through an oral interview with an Entry Clearance Officer, if she is sucessful, she will be given a visa for 6 months in which you must get married.

But all the information is in this forum if you look carefully.

Hope that helps

Admin
1st August 2005, 09:04
I know a few nurses that have done it, as well as bring kids, parents over etc, so doubt it will be a problem.

Who is in charge of the Filipino's in your hosiptal, as they are supposed to have this advice at hand, they have a 'team leader' in Rhyl that is there for help.

michael
2nd August 2005, 20:36
hiya,about my birth certificate...its has to be NSO CERTIFIED?thank you very much

regards
mic

peterdavid
3rd August 2005, 10:45
Originally posted by michael@Aug 2 2005, 07:36 PM
hiya,about my birth certificate...its has to be NSO CERTIFIED?thank you very much
regards
mic

Quoted post

If you were born in the Philippines, then yes. Every document from the Philippines has to be NSO certified, if appropriate. Local certification or office copies are not accepted, too easy to forge.

Plus, the Embassy likes to get high looking at all the NSO psychadelic colours and wavy patterns. They're an odd bunch of people at the best of times.

Admin
3rd August 2005, 21:32
They're an odd bunch of people at the best of times.How dare you speak that way about such nice educated people... :unsure: :rolleyes: :blink: