PDA

View Full Version : Safety in this country!

Admin
29th July 2005, 08:58
How do Filipino's feel about the UK now we are under attack from a bunch of half-wits who think blowing themseleves up gets them lots of virgins!! :unsure: (All the have to do is stay alive and visit the Philippines!).

If you live here how do you feel, if you don't would you visit, are you coming here soon and are worried? Give us your views, always nice to know what the World thinks about our wonderful country :rolleyes:

Pauldo
10th September 2005, 11:33
Originally posted by admin@Jul 29 2005, 08:58 AM
How do Filipino's feel about the UK now we are under attack from a bunch of half-wits who think blowing themseleves up gets them lots of virgins!! :unsure: (All the have to do is stay alive and visit the Philippines!).

If you live here how do you feel, if you don't would you visit, are you coming here soon and are worried? Give us your views, always nice to know what the World thinks about our wonderful country :rolleyes:

Quoted post

The power of religion. It has to be the most succesful control device ever. And more people have died in the name of Islam or Catholicism than ever died in both world wars. It's a plague that has caused so many wars, eruptions, revolts, famines, slaughters etc over the last 2000 years.

And what can these suicide psychos ever think they are going to achieve? Do they seriously expect this wholesale salughter will cause Macapagal, or Bush, Or Blair, to suddenly say "Aw hell, you guys are right, here ya go, we'll all convert to Islam and let you rule our countries"?

I'm not worried in the slightest about the bombings myself. Remember, every day in Iraq approx 50 ragheads are being blown up, by OTHER rag heads, which I think is great :D The UK is just a tiny dot in the grand psycho muslim scheme of things :huh:

peterdavid
10th September 2005, 13:08
Originally posted by Pauldo@Sep 10 2005, 10:33 AM

And what can these suicide psychos ever think they are going to achieve? Do they seriously expect this wholesale salughter will cause Macapagal, or Bush, Or Blair, to suddenly say "Aw hell, you guys are right, here ya go, we'll all convert to Islam and let you rule our countries"?

Quoted post

Well, in the case of Arroyo, provided they gave her a self-interested, self-serving incentive, she probably would.....

Pauldo
10th September 2005, 15:15
Originally posted by peterdavid@Sep 10 2005, 01:08 PM
Well, in the case of Arroyo, provided they gave her a self-interested, self-serving incentive, she probably would.....

Quoted post

Did I read recently she was supposed to get dragged up on charges of corruption or something similar, in connection to voting and elections??

Is there some reason why every president of the Philippines has to be corrupt?

Or is it just something in their blood? ;) :rolleyes:

Remember the Philippines motto: Second best IS good enough. :D :lol:

Admin
11th September 2005, 08:25
The charges were dropped, it seems the 'bonus' payment the judges were offered swayed the decision that she wasn't corrupt :blink:

Pauldo
11th September 2005, 10:23
Originally posted by admin@Sep 11 2005, 08:25 AM
The charges were dropped, it seems the 'bonus' payment the judges were offered swayed the decision that she wasn't corrupt :blink:

Quoted post

It&#39;s good to see that &#39;justice&#39; triumped over evil, yet again :huh: <_<

Joey
12th September 2005, 16:02
Originally posted by Pauldo@Sep 10 2005, 10:15 AM
Is there some reason why every president of the Philippines has to be corrupt?
Quoted post

The ones who are not corrupt will never make it to office because the next president is selected by the previous president. When I was there and Aquino was about to leave office, the counts had some woman ahead, but since she wasn&#39;t the one to be president, they made it illegal to read the counts publicly. She quickly moved to second. When she protested, they moved her to third. I think her name was Santiago.