PDA

View Full Version : Filipinos who wants to meet Filipinos in Birmingham....2

Maria B
20th January 2012, 16:06
Hello To All Members, new members & especially those who just arrive in the UK.

After posting the christmas event last year run by the Filipino Association of Birmingham...they will have another gathering again.

Those who are homesick, interested to meet new friends or wanted to know more about the life in the uk of the Filipinos. Please check this out. (Everybody is welcome)

What: Post Valentine Disco for a Cause ( for Typhoon Sendong victims in CdO,Phils.)

When: Feb.18, 2012;

Where: St. David's Hall ( beside St David's Church, Shenley Green / off Shenley Lane, B29 4 HH, Birmingham;

Please reserve your tickets now.
Entrance fee £5.00;
See u there!!!

Those who want to know more about the gathering, you may contact:
Rosalie Roaring-Malonzo
http://www.facebook.com/rosalieroaring
rosalieroaring@yahoo​.com

more info at:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/439789355113/
http://filipinoassociationofbirmingham.co.uk/Home.html

NEWS:
NOW, THE PROCESSING START FOR OUR 5TH FIESTA SA BIRMINGHAM-MIDLANDS 2012, MARK THE DATES- JUNE 23-24, 2012
[/COLOR]~ Rosendo Malonzo
rosendomalonzo@yahoo​.com

juvyjones28
20th January 2012, 17:39
Hi Maria :Wave:

I wish I was near Birmingham, I'd love to attend and be part of it. :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Maria B
20th January 2012, 17:48
Hi Maria :Wave:

I wish I was near Birmingham, I'd love to attend and be part of it. :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi Juvy,

Everybody is welcome. If you are too far, for sure there are loads of Fil Com to meet up in your area.
Where in the UK are u if u don't mind me asking? :Wave:

juvyjones28
20th January 2012, 17:54
We live in Surrey not too far from London, I used to meet up friends in my church in London 2-3 times a week. But I thought meeting new friends esp filipina would be a bit of adventure. :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Maria B
20th January 2012, 18:41
ahhh, social networking will do for a start & meet up on special occassions :) skyping will do too hehe...try the barrio fiesta every summer. :Wave:

juvyjones28
20th January 2012, 18:45
Thanks Ate, I'll definitely try that :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
20th January 2012, 18:51
Wish we were nearer to birmigham

We are in essex dont seem to be much going on in the filipino community :NoNo:
Any members know of any events in essex?

Maria B
20th January 2012, 19:45
Thanks Ate, I'll definitely try that :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: for me, that's the least i can do as i just gave birth last month. lols! busy momma:Cuckoo:

Maria B
20th January 2012, 19:54
Wish we were nearer to birmigham

We are in essex dont seem to be much going on in the filipino community :NoNo:
Any members know of any events in essex?

:icon_lol:aawwsss the only way is essex :) maybe needs somebody to coordinate to do such gigs. Hope u can find one. My friends in essex there are only temp as they only have student visa. But no worries, at the end of the day it's really up to us how to carry out our social life just to ease the feeling of being homesick. :Wave:

Maria B
20th January 2012, 20:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNL1KLpaiFE

Thought of posting this in here too...:)

juvyjones28
20th January 2012, 21:08
:xxgrinning--00xx3: for me, that's the least i can do as i just gave birth last month. lols! busy momma:Cuckoo:

whoaa :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:. Congratulations to your bundle of joy Ate! :baby1::40__s: sorry this is late hehehe. :D

Maria B
25th January 2012, 11:46
whoaa :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:. Congratulations to your bundle of joy Ate! :baby1::40__s: sorry this is late hehehe. :D

salamat juvy:Wave::Hellooo:

scott&ligaya
27th January 2012, 17:16
if any of the couples are interested, there is a couples evening planned at the Hyatt Hotel in Birmingham (mainly Filipino to Filipino couples about 12 couples) but also currently 4 Fil Brit couples) this leaves room for 4 more couples at least. This is orgainised by the mens group at the ICF church in Woodgate Valley but is not heavy on bible bashing on the evening with the focus being on the ladies with the men making a fuss of them as it were.

It is a sit down meal at £33 per head but thatis good for the Hyatt and if you want to treat the wife book a room at around £95 per night and use the facilities in the afternoon prior to the event. The date is Friday 17th feb (just after valentines so easy to do instead of lol). Let me know if anyone is interested. Word of warning the men are expected to wax lyrical abut their wifes for around 3 minutes on a mic and there are Filipino style couples games..ask the wife lol.

Scott

Maria B
28th January 2012, 10:18
and there are Filipino style couples games..ask the wife lol.

Scott

:):xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

scott&ligaya
30th January 2012, 16:22
hehehehehehe I particularly like the banana suspended from front of the mens trousers game and the ever reducing size of the single sheet of newspaper that you have to stand on at the end of the music!!!! helps if you have a very petite wife and a strong hubbie with good balance lol

daff 'O dill
31st January 2012, 15:17

:xxgrinning--00xx3:Congratulations Maria B. was it a boy or girl?? if i may ask:)

Maria B
6th February 2012, 16:39
:xxgrinning--00xx3:Congratulations Maria B. was it a boy or girl?? if i may ask:)

thank u daff....it's a boy:)