PDA

View Full Version : Couple is looking for job in London

Katilpz
9th June 2007, 04:27
To all pinoy out there (we only want those who really live/work in UK) pls! secure us an answer to this one.

We are a couple in the Philippines. No problem about securing tourist passport to UK (all documents we can provide & all is true)... is it possible to get a job in London as a tourist? we plan to take a job in a hotel bec. some sources said that mainly most of the Pinoy in UK prefer to work in Hotel (housekeeping/guest service/F & B), then the employer will work out to our work permit here ooorrrr... temporarily as a nanny or any blue collar.

pls help!:doh

LadyJ
9th June 2007, 09:13
Working in UK as a tourist visa is illegal!! If you get caught you will be sent back home to Phils and will find hard to get a visa to UK on your next apply and the employer will be fined thousands of pounds, so there's no employer will accept you.

So I suggest don't try!

KeithD
9th June 2007, 09:17
Working in UK as a tourist visa is illegal!! If you get caught you will be sent back home to Phils and will find hard to get a visa to UK on your next apply and the employer will be fined thousands of pounds, so there's no employer will accept you.

So I suggest don't try!
Impossible you mean. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It's annoying when people keep posting the same question :Brick:

baboyako
9th June 2007, 09:20
although what LadyJ is true, the other truth is there are a great number of illegal workers in london.. mostly as you say working in hotels for very long hours below the minimum wage.

LadyJ
9th June 2007, 09:45
although what LadyJ is true, the other truth is there are a great number of illegal workers in london.. mostly as you say working in hotels for very long hours below the minimum wage.

Yes I know that but we don't want to encourage these people to do the illegal way.......or else they'll suffered the horrible consequences.