PDA

View Full Version : red coloured hot dogs

john sergison
8th June 2007, 19:18
control yourselves,
any body know if it is possible to buy the famous philippine red hotdog in the uk, because asawa is doing my head in asking me to buy them.:Help1: :Help1: :Help1:

russ01539
8th June 2007, 19:24
U can get them in jars from Morrisons. They are the American style ones. Although they're not truly red like in PI my wife says the taste is almost identical.

How she can say this I dont know, cos she drowns all her food in soya sauce mixed with vinegar and red hot chilli's, which must have destroyed her taste buds a millenia ago.

joebloggs
8th June 2007, 19:26
my wife bought some from a shop near us.
the guy who owned it, asked her the next time she went in, if she liked them, she said no, they didnt taste the same,
he said its becuase they were not made from worms:yikes: as they are in pinoyland, , and they are not allowed to sell the worms one in the uk, so they are made from somethnig else.

GaryFifer
8th June 2007, 19:30
we have red puddings in Scotland. Oatmeal,pepper,tomato sauce with batter(which is flour/water/butter)

john sergison
8th June 2007, 19:32
thanks guys i will try the morrisson ones as i have seen them , mybe if i buy red food dye i might be able to fool her.

another guestion to the girls is , did you all experience alot of your beautiful black hair coming out when brushing it after living in uk for a while, if so what did you do to cure the problem apart from getting rid of us guys.

vbkelly
8th June 2007, 21:30
thanks guys i will try the morrisson ones as i have seen them , mybe if i buy red food dye i might be able to fool her.

another guestion to the girls is , did you all experience alot of your beautiful black hair coming out when brushing it after living in uk for a while, if so what did you do to cure the problem apart from getting rid of us guys.yes i had AND MY HAIR IS TURNING BROWN WITHOUT NO BODY'S BUSINES

gracia143
9th June 2007, 05:12
control yourselves,
any body know if it is possible to buy the famous philippine red hotdog in the uk, because asawa is doing my head in asking me to buy them.:Help1: :Help1: :Help1:
Hi John! I think I experienced the same problem when I was in UK last year. Trev took me to a dermatologist who then examined my scalp, told me there was nothing wrong with it. It's just going through a certain phase where some hairs are falling. But I know how worrying it could be seeing your hair everywhere and hoovering the carpet everyday just to get rid of it. I know the feeling, believe me. But tell her not to worry though, it will grow back in time. Make her use a milder shampoo and conditioner and yes, condition the scalp. Try a coconut based conditioner for her hair. Cheers!

gracia143
9th June 2007, 05:14
ooppsss! sorry, i qouted the wrong topic!:doh

fred
9th June 2007, 09:08
the guy who owned it, asked her the next time she went in, if she liked them, she said no, they didnt taste the same,
he said its becuase they were not made from :yikes: as they are in pinoyland, , and they are not allowed to sell the worms one in the uk, so they are made from somethnig else.

Thats true Joe..(Although not just ordinary earth worms,worms non the less)..
Im glad it was you that pointed it out and not me!!

baboyako
9th June 2007, 09:24
:blacklistsmartassHL
http://www.sanmiguel.com.ph/uploads/products/main/TJ_Hotdog_FA.jpg

LadyJ
9th June 2007, 09:36
control yourselves,

I've been living here in UK for 6 years and still can't see my favorite red hotdogs here.

he said its becuase they were not made from worms:yikes: as they are in pinoyland, , and they are not allowed to sell the worms one in the uk, so they are made from somethnig else.

I've heard this "Hotdogs made from worms" when I was young in the Phils but this wasn't really true at all.... this story was just made.

another guestion to the girls is , did you all experience alot of your beautiful black hair coming out when brushing it after living in uk for a while, if so what did you do to cure the problem apart from getting rid of us guys.

Around 60 percent of people in the UK live in hard water areas and suffer the problems that go with it --- hair loss is one of it.

Some UK shampoos and conditioners can cause of hair loss too because they're very strong, tell her to use mild shampoo or choose the right care for her scalp and hair.

bornatbirth
9th June 2007, 09:48
are u sure they are made of worms? lol
my gf got some of that make above when i was over there,u shouldnt have any problems getting something similar in the shops here as they are just like hotdogs!,dont tell me they are made of real dogs?

fred
9th June 2007, 11:38
I've heard this "Hotdogs made from worms" when I was young in the Phils but this wasn't really true at all.... this story was just made.

Thats what I will say to my kids..."Its just a story kids":xxgrinning--00xx3:
Its hard enough getting them to eat at the best of times..Except sweets!

andypaul
9th June 2007, 17:54
I find it funny half the products in the phill shops near us have a sticker covering up the ingredients with something like not correct for uk use. Ie a lot of the claims of whats in the food or benefits fo the food are not true:omg:

Peanutz
9th June 2007, 22:30
I find it funny half the products in the phill shops near us have a sticker covering up the ingredients with something like not correct for uk use. Ie a lot of the claims of whats in the food or benefits fo the food are not true:omg: I remember when I was a kid and I demand that red sausage for breakfast! Mom told me a story that they were made of worms (just to make me stop eating those sausages) and from that day on I never ate those sausages again!!!:omg:

joebloggs
9th June 2007, 23:09
look everyone, too many times i have heard thatt hey are made of worms, when the guy in the shop told my wife, he wasn't joking.. he imports some of the food himself.. :omg:

Peanutz
9th June 2007, 23:36
look everyone, too many times i have heard thatt hey are made of worms, when the guy in the shop told my wife, he wasn't joking.. he imports some of the food himself.. :omg:Those worms made most <Filipina smart and loving>:icon_lol:

gracia143
10th June 2007, 02:09
Those worms made most <Filipina smart and loving>:icon_lol:

Amen to that!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
10th June 2007, 08:51
We all eat tons of insect in our every day food, government allows something like 45 insect part per kilo.

Peanutz
10th June 2007, 09:27
We all eat tons of insect in our every day food, government allows something like 45 insect part per kilo.

(chortle*) They never name those insects in the label.

I read about the Aborigens people who still practice this culture of eating insects. They break a tree trunk into halves and look for termites and worms....ummm,and voilą lunch is served!!!:cwm24:

joebloggs
10th June 2007, 18:14
(chortle*) They never name those insects in the label.

I read about the Aborigens people who still practice this culture of eating insects. They break a tree trunk into halves and look for termites and worms....ummm,and voil&#224; lunch is served!!!:cwm24:

reminds me of the japs in WW2 in burma, while the brits starved or got sick, the japs ate what the monkeys ate :vomit-smiley-011:

:D

as for pinoys being smart and loving you mean like a worm eating pigeon :omg:

scouser keith, you might eat 100's of insects a day with your pigeon and scouse grub, i know i dont :NoNo:
no wonder you moved to wales so you can go in the fields munching on worms, without anyone seeing you :action-smiley-081: :omg:
lizard boy ...

Peanutz
10th June 2007, 20:35
reminds me of the japs in WW2 in burma, while the brits starved or got sick, the japs ate what the monkeys ate :vomit-smiley-011:

:D

as for pinoys being smart and loving you mean like a worm eating pigeon :omg:

scouser keith, you might eat 100's of insects a day with your pigeon and scouse grub, i know i dont :NoNo:
no wonder you moved to wales so you can go in the fields munching on worms, without anyone seeing you :action-smiley-081: :omg:
lizard boy ...

What did the monkeys ate...(I have no idea)?:NoNo:

Worm: You pigeon, get out of my way...
Pigeon: Nope, I want to stay here...
Worm: If you don't go, I will eat yea...
Pigeon: You can't eat me I am bigger than you...
Worm: I will not eat you now, I will eat you when you die!!!

:Giggler::Bouncy::xxcheeky-smiley-013:Bugger:

fred
11th June 2007, 10:34
scouser keith, you might eat 100's of insects a day...no wonder you moved to wales so you can go in the fields

Naa..I think that the sheep dip kills most of the insects..He should be fine.

joebloggs
11th June 2007, 13:22
hes not fine is he, look at his avatar, have you not seen the film 28 days later? when the scousers go :Rasp: :yikes: and the only safe place is MANCHESTER , its the only safe place now, a scouse free zone :D

just got me thinking, scousers always are ready to rip people off, maybe hes collecting them welsh worms and is secretly making them tender juicy hotdogs ... :cwm24: :cwm24: :cwm24: with a bit of sheep dip to give extra taste :vomit-smiley-011: