PDA

View Full Version : Legal age for a female to have sex in the Philippines

baby38
13th January 2012, 00:17
I was under the impression in the Philippines if a girl there had sex under the age of 18 was considered rape, however an American friend of mine who lived there for 3 years said it was 13 could someone clarify this for me please.

ConfusedMe
13th January 2012, 00:19
I don't know if there is a legal age for sex. Unless if the girl less than 18 yrs old doing it with an older guy, I would consider that corrupting minor

grahamw48
13th January 2012, 00:31
I think it depends whether the man is a poriner or not.

I would have said 18 years to be safe.

imagine
13th January 2012, 00:49
only a sicko is going to want sex with a 13 yr old and if he does he needs his nuts taking off:cwm23:

hawk
13th January 2012, 02:03
PHILIPPINES LAWS: 1. Has no sodomy laws, the age of sexual consent is 12 for all, but contacts with minors (under 18) are an offence, if the minor consents to the act for money, gain or any other remuneration or as the result of an influence of any adult person. The penalty of reclusion temporal in its medium period to reclusion perpetua shall be imposed
upon the following :
a) Those who engage in or promote, facilitate or induce child prostitution which include, but are not limited to, the following :
(1) Acting as a procurer of child prostitute ;
(2) Inducing a person to be a client of a child prostitute by means of written or oral advertisements or other similar means ;
(3) Taking advantage of influence or relationship to procure a child prostitute ; or
(5) Giving monetary consideration, goods or other pecuniary benefit to a child in prostitution.
b) Those who commit the act of sexual intercourse or lascivious conduct with a
child exploited in prostitution or subjected to other sexual abuse ;

Provided, that when the victim is under twelve (12) years of age, the perpetrators
shall be prosecuted under Article 335, as amended, the Revised Penal Code, for
rape or lascivious conduct, as the case may be ; Provided, that the penalty for
lascivious conduct when the victim is under twelve (12) years of age shall be
reclusion temporal in its medium period

hawk
13th January 2012, 02:18
Although the Legal Age of Consent in the Philippines is 18, it should be noted that this does not apply to anyone trafficked into prostitution, as there is NO age of consent in prostitution, so all prostitutes are children under Philippines law.
The matter was updated in 2007 under the Philippines anti-human trafficking act which stated all people trafficked into prostitution in the philippines are considered children and there is no age of consent for prostitution. Also, the act states that there can be no consent between a customer and a prostitute, so it is also rape.and thats why there are so many now in philippine jail

Tawi2
13th January 2012, 12:38
I think it depends whether the man is a poriner or not.
Aint that the truth,nail squarely hit on the head.

Unless if the girl less than 18 yrs old doing it with an older guy, I would consider that corrupting minor
There used to be a 17 year old kid posted on here,she was cebuana,her fiance/boyfriend was late 40's :NoNo:

Terpe
13th January 2012, 17:59
Well the question is simple enough to understand, but the the answer is not quite so straightforward.
In the Philippines it's more complex than most other countries, and there are a number of laws to protect persons under 12 years and also under 18 years from sexual abuse.
Punishment for being in contravention of them is severe.

I'm not lawyer, but my advice is to not engage in any sexual relationship with anyone under 18 years. Even if over 18 years then make yourself aware of the potential legal implications.

Here's why and and how I understand it:-

1. Sexual activity with anyone up to the age of 12 years is automatically classified as statutory rape.

2. Sexual activity with someone over the age of 12 years, but less than 18 years may sometimes be allowable in law provided that it can be proven without doubt to be consensual.

The problems now begin with so many legal technical issues relating to:-
Legality of consent of persons under 18 years
Potential for crimes of Seduction

In regards to consensual sex, it must be completely consensual, with no hint of coercion, payment for sex, fraudulent machination or grave abuse of authority.
Even if you claim that you are paying to support your future spouse, you must be able and ready to prove that you financially supported her before starting a sexual relationship with her.

The problem is a lot of foreigners are not aware of the laws which, in principle, makes all prostitution, child prostitution.

What everyone may fail to understand is that if you walk into a bar in philippines and bar fine a girl, it is now child prostitution because there is no age of consent for anyone trafficked into prostitution in the philippines.

Check out trafficking and find even more pitfalls for the unprepared.

Also please take special note here:-
REPUBLIC ACT NO. 7610
Section 3. Definition of Terms
(a) "Children" refers to person below eighteen (18) years of age or those over but are unable to fully take care of themselves or protect themselves from abuse, neglect, cruelty, exploitation or discrimination because of a physical or mental disability or condition;

Article III, Section 5. Child Prostitution and Other Sexual Abuse.
Children, whether male or female, who for money, profit, or any other consideration or due to the coercion or influence of any adult, syndicate or group, indulge in sexual intercourse or lascivious conduct, are deemed to be children exploited in prostitution and other sexual abuse.

ARTICLE VI
Other Acts of Abuse
Sec. 10
(b) Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who is ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place, hotel, motel, beer joint, discotheque, cabaret, pension house, sauna or massage parlor, beach and/or other tourist resort or similar places shall suffer the penalty of prision mayor in its maximum period and a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000): Provided, That this provision shall not apply to any person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity or any bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition or acts in the performance of a social, moral or legal duty.

ARTICLE XII
Sec. 31
(d) When the offender is a foreigner, he shall be deported immediately after service of sentence and forever barred from entry to the country;

ConfusedMe
13th January 2012, 20:48
I still think girls that age, less than 18 yrs of age, is still confused about what they like in their life. A mature man, aware of this innocence, is taking advantage of it. :NoNo:
Aint that the truth,nail squarely hit on the head.

There used to be a 17 year old kid posted on here,she was cebuana,her fiance/boyfriend was late 40's :NoNo:

grahamw48
13th January 2012, 20:51
I still think girls that age, less than 18 yrs of age, is still confused about what they like in their life. A mature man, aware of this innocence, is taking advantage of it. :NoNo:

But of course, and that applies whatever country the girl is from. :)

john sergison
17th February 2012, 15:25
must not be alone in a place with person 10 years your junior.
my wife is 18 years my junior,,,does that mean i was breaking the law when we got together, she was ,34 and i was 52
surely there is some thing wrong with that definition.

Terpe
17th February 2012, 16:02
must not be alone in a place with person 10 years your junior.
my wife is 18 years my junior,,,does that mean i was breaking the law when we got together, she was ,34 and i was 52
surely there is some thing wrong with that definition.

John, I'm not sure if you were asking a serious question or making a humorous quip, so I hope you won't be offended by my reply.

It's law, not a definition. However many weasel words are used it's the law. :Erm:
If you read through it all again you may find the answer to your question.

ARTICLE VI
Other Acts of Abuse
Sec. 10
(b) Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who is ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place, hotel, motel, beer joint, discotheque, cabaret, pension house, sauna or massage parlor, beach and/or other tourist resort or similar places shall suffer the penalty of prision mayor in its maximum period and a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000): Provided, That this provision shall not apply to any person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity or any bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition or acts in the performance of a social, moral or legal duty

a minor, twelve (12) years or under
a minor, who is ten (10) years or more his junior

(a minor or child is someone below 18 years of age)

But an exclusion in the final sentence states that "...this provision shall not apply to any person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity or any bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition or acts in the performance of a social, moral or legal duty."

fluentlee
13th March 2012, 05:10
PHILIPPINES LAWS: 1. Has no sodomy laws, the age of sexual consent is 12 for all, but contacts with minors (under 18) are an offence, if the minor consents to the act for money, gain or any other remuneration or as the result of an influence of any adult person.

Only 12??? No way! 12 is really young....it can't be right :(

18 should be the legal age for everything imo. Just to be safe =D

Lee

sars_notd_virus
14th March 2012, 12:36
Legal age for a female to have sex in the Philippines

Strange!!,...when a girl/woman open her legs , she should know the consequence:rolleyes:

Moy
14th March 2012, 17:32
:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
14th March 2012, 17:41
12 Is correct, I pointed this out on here years ago. 12 is also the legal age in Vatican City.... says it all really :rolleyes:

Terpe
14th March 2012, 18:17
12 Is correct, I pointed this out on here years ago. 12 is also the legal age in Vatican City.... says it all really :rolleyes:

provided that it can be proven without doubt to be consensual.

grahamw48
14th March 2012, 18:30
I believe that is normally only 'acceptable' in the province, and between partners close in age.

My ex's mother was legally married at 14.

fluentlee
15th March 2012, 00:17
Ah so only between those close in age, okay that makes sense. So an older man and a 12-year old girl is still illegal, even if it's consensual, correct?

Lee

grahamw48
15th March 2012, 00:27
Even in the UK I don't see any of the MANY pregnant 13 and 14 year-olds' boyfriends going to jail. :NoNo:

It seems there is no deterrent here for those breaking the law, and that IS something that has changed.

As a teenager I would have been extremely fearful of getting a girl under 16 (age of consent here) pregnant or even having sexual contact with her, because back then I WOULD have been locked up.

Arthur Little
15th March 2012, 00:46
It seems there is no deterrent here for those breaking the law, and that IS something that has changed.

:yeahthat:! CHANGED days ... :iagree: