PDA

View Full Version : Transporting Electrical goods.

dave63
10th January 2012, 19:00
Hi, I will be travelling to Cebu next week (January 17th):Jump::Hellooo:.My wife has bought an electrical oven:doh:crazy:and wants to take it as hand luggage:Help1:.My question is this...WHAT WAS SHE THINKING!! No serious my question is this. Will we be allowed to take this item through check-in and through customs? We are flying with Cathay pacific from Manchester via London and Hong Kong.

grahamw48
10th January 2012, 19:24
Don't see why not.

I've taken all sorts of electrical stuff in my baggage....Fridge wouldn't go in the overhead locker mindst.:rolleyes:

It will be scanned for bomb materials and batteries.

...Unless rules have changed. :Erm:

Check with the airline. :)

Perhaps a 'Beat Box' would be welcomed.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-_MfHMQWmiE#!

Terpe
11th January 2012, 09:32
Hi, I will be travelling to Cebu next week (January 17th):Jump::Hellooo:.My wife has bought an electrical oven:doh:crazy:and wants to take it as hand luggage:Help1:.My question is this...WHAT WAS SHE THINKING!! No serious my question is this. Will we be allowed to take this item through check-in and through customs? We are flying with Cathay pacific from Manchester via London and Hong Kong.

Provided it meets the requirements for size, weight and safety it can be carried.
Customs duty and tax is unlikely but better to check online if you think that aspect could end up being a 'deal breaker'.

Must admit I've carried some strange stuff myself, but never an oven :)

worthingmale
26th January 2012, 14:17
an electrical oven ? wow hope it is not the size of an Arga :icon_lol: