PDA

View Full Version : Black Nazarene

lastlid
10th January 2012, 16:47
Anybody know much about this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aTaGR6IyEM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

raynaputi
10th January 2012, 19:28
It has always been like that as far as I can remember...We live just walking distance from Quiapo and we used to go to the procession of the Black Nazarene..actually, we just stay in one area and just wait for the Black Nazarene to pass on where we are...but as time goes by, it seems it's getting unsafe coz more and more people go and we're avoiding to get hurt coz trust me, there are LOTS of devotees..when we were kids, we used to wipe a hankie to the Black Nazarene and then wipe it to wherever there is pain on a body part or where you feel sick coz they say the Black Nazarene would cure it..but as we get older, we tend to do much less...well as we happen to understand that we might get sick more due to germs and all that..:Rasp:

I'm a Catholic but I'm not very religious...but I can say I have my own faith and believe in God...I go to church at times but not regularly though..I just tend to respect how other people profess or show their devotion to God and not criticize them..:)

KeithD
10th January 2012, 19:55
Next year will be a special appearance by the Indian Virgin Mary, and the West Indian, Native American Indian and Aborigine as the 3 kings :D

lastlid
11th January 2012, 09:45
My wife sent me the link to the youtube video yesterday afternoon and I had never heard of it. I wanted to find out more about it and impress her when I got home from work :D

Whilst not being particularly religious myself, unlike my wife, I still have a little bit of an interest in these things.

I once went to a place called Fatima in Portugal and was absolutely astounded by what I saw there....I had seen nothing like it before and the Black Nazerene thing appears to be not so very disimilar. As Keith indicates, there was supposed to be an appearance of the Virgin Mary in Fatima about 80 or so years ago.