PDA

View Full Version : Who applies

briancol
6th January 2012, 16:24
Hi,who applies for my wifes visa,does she have to do it herself from the Phills or can i do it from the UK.i was told somewhere she had to do it herself but another filipina tells me her husband is doing it on her behalf from the UK through a solicitor.is it better to use a solicitor or just as handy doing it yourself? i know it has to be done online which we have already completed but havnt submitted it yet as my wifes still waiting for her KET certificate to be posted,apparently it take from 4 to 8 weeks to arrive.from the UK i presume.as she did the exam through a Cambridge test centre in Cebu.

grahamw48
6th January 2012, 17:20
I suppose as long as all the information is correct, and SHE signs the form... :Erm:

I know I filled in all the paperwork for the ex...using info provided by her, where required.

briancol
6th January 2012, 17:32
ok but then did u have to post it to the Phills, or can i be delt with here in the UK.

grahamw48
6th January 2012, 17:40
Ah, well we did the whole process in the Phils, so I can't help on that one.

Joe or Terpe will know. :)

briancol
6th January 2012, 17:47
hmmmm.

tone
6th January 2012, 17:49
Ours was done on-line went straight to VFS in Manila all the evidence was presented in Manila.
She only had to get the Biometrics done at VFS.

According to the data at UKBA the application should be done in the country of the applicant - if my memory serves me right..
Hmmm

briancol
6th January 2012, 17:57
According to the data at UKBA the application should be done in the country of the applicant - if my memory serves me right..
Hmmm

yes i think ur right, i seem to remember reading that myself at some point.
i dont understand how others say their solicitor in the UK is handeling it for them.when the husband is in the UK and the wife is still in the Phills.

Terpe
6th January 2012, 22:24
Hi,who applies for my wifes visa,does she have to do it herself from the Phills or can i do it from the UK.i was told somewhere she had to do it herself but another filipina tells me her husband is doing it on her behalf from the UK through a solicitor.is it better to use a solicitor or just as handy doing it yourself? i know it has to be done online which we have already completed but havnt submitted it yet as my wifes still waiting for her KET certificate to be posted,apparently it take from 4 to 8 weeks to arrive.from the UK i presume.as she did the exam through a Cambridge test centre in Cebu.

Your wife needs to apply from Phils.
She needs to do it online, then attend VFS in Manila for submission.

Here is the webpage:-
http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com

Take a read with your wife.
Understand exactly what she needs to do and support her all the way.

This forum is the place to ask detailed questions. This is an important step. Don't be shy to ask anything. Plenty will help.

rusty
7th January 2012, 11:44
Hmmm

yes i think ur right, i seem to remember reading that myself at some point.
i dont understand how others say their solicitor in the UK is handeling it for them.when the husband is in the UK and the wife is still in the Phills.

All a solicitor can do is give advice of how to complete the application and what supporting documents you will need.

It has to be the person applying for the visa that attends as they also need to provide biometric data at the time of the submission. :xxgrinning--00xx3: