PDA

View Full Version : First time passport for my fiancee/wife

Rory
6th January 2012, 12:04
I am planing to get married in early May and my "Asuncion", strange name i know, has no passport and has never had one. Would it be advisable to get one before the wedding in her maiden name or would things be a lot easier if she applies for it after the wedding so all paperwork should be easier.
One other thing, would she have to send the original marriage certificate off when she applied for her passport or would a copy do, would not like to lose it so soon after receiving it, she had already lost one birth certificate in the post last year when she applied for postal I.D. :doh

raynaputi
6th January 2012, 15:03
It would be best to get the passport after you've been married, especially if your fiancee wants to change her last name to your surname. Also, in applying a passport, the original marriage certificate is required..please go to this link http://passport.com.ph/requirements for the requirements..Hope this helps..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rory
7th January 2012, 00:04
Thanks for the reply, i did a search before posting and all that came up was changing name on a passport not applying for one for the first time straight after getting married.
Really good link, cheers for that. :)

Marie
7th January 2012, 00:14
I would suggest for you to apply after marriage ...... yes original marriage contract from the NSO is needed .....good luck