PDA

View Full Version : Englishman : Our Man in Vietnam !

Doc Alan
28th December 2011, 21:09
Good luck for your forthcoming trip Ian :xxgrinning--00xx3:
The forum will be " quiet " without you - update us when you can ! :)

Englishman2010
28th December 2011, 22:49
Thanks Alan:xxgrinning--00xx3: I'm not leaving until Friday night, and should arrive in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) just in time for a drink on New Years Eve local time:66:

Rosie1958
29th December 2011, 01:11
How exciting!!!! :Jump: I can't wait to hear about your trip to Vietnam Ian and I hope that you have a truly wonderful time with lots of great memories. :coolchickendance: :D

Wishing you a safe and comfortable trip. Also, a Very Happy New Year! :veryhappy:

Arthur Little
29th December 2011, 13:50
I'm not leaving until Friday night

Phew :doh ... THAT'S a relief, Ian! I'd known about your forthcoming trip to Vietnam, of course ... just hadn't realised it was so imminent ! Normally - as you've probably noticed - whenever forum stalwarts (like yourself, two of the Steves and Doc Alan) are about to set off on their travels, I tend to start a thread wishing them a safe and enjoyable trip. Therefore, I'm glad I "caught" you in the nick of time ... thanks to Alan on this occasion. :)

Anyway ... enough of my waffling! :blahblah::blahblah: It's my understanding Elaine will be joining you in Ho Chi Minh. Bon Voyage ...

... :Beer: ... and a Happy New Year to you both, in advance.

andy222
29th December 2011, 14:26
All the best mate. New year in vietnam ay? sounds great. Have a good one.:xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Terpe
29th December 2011, 15:51
Have a great trip.
Happy hols to both and a wonderful new year to you both.

Cheers!

Arthur Little
29th December 2011, 15:55
New year in vietnam ay? sounds great.

:anerikke:... except ... I imagine :rolleyes: ... to those veterans caught up in the horrors of the Vietnamese Wars during the 1970s.

andy222
29th December 2011, 16:36
Watch out for the tunnels englishman.:icon_lol:

Englishman2010
29th December 2011, 22:53
Thanks too Rosie, Arthur, Terpe and Andy:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'll be in the Cu Chi tunnels somewhere between Saigon and the Cambodian border on Sunday morning, hopefully Charlie or the VC (is it offensive to call them Gooks:Erm:) won't have their snipers locked on me:omg: All being well I'll get to see the War Remnants Museum on Monday or Tuesday before I head off to Da Nang / Hoi An by train

Terpe
29th December 2011, 23:18
Enjoy these video clips Ian,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Mo6yXDsy0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmUGY-1lhIM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjyuEIzvT9Y

Englishman2010
29th December 2011, 23:27
Thanks for the clips Terpe, I really want to watch them as I like his stuff, but I don't have time now. Hopefully the wireless connection at BHX or CDG will be fast enough to watch them:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
30th December 2011, 00:04
Take care, Enjoy and have a good one mate.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
30th December 2011, 03:50
(is it offensive to call them Gooks:Erm:)

:laugher: I wonder if the powers that be consider "Slopes" offensive ?

Englishman2010
30th December 2011, 09:04
Thanks for the links Terpe, they were fantastic, I really enjoyed watching them over my breakfast this morning:xxgrinning--00xx3: I love travel and food programmes, so when the two are combined it's always a winner with me:xxgrinning--00xx3:
It's given me a much better insight what to expect scenery and food wise and at street level. Thanks:)

grahamw48
30th December 2011, 11:21
All the best from me too Ian. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
30th December 2011, 12:06
All the best from me too Ian. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cheers Graham, have a good New Year:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
18th January 2012, 16:02
Wasn't sure WHICH thread to put my post into, Ian ... you're such a well~travelled fella; Borneo, the Phils, HK, Singapore and, most recently, Vietnam - all within the past 12 months - so finally opted for this one of Alan's. Parts 1 & 2 ... BOTH a great read [as always!] :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
18th January 2012, 16:17
:) And, true to form ... the photographic compilation on your latest 'you tube' video ...:anerikke: ...(what can one say?) ... SUPERB! :Jump:

grahamw48
18th January 2012, 17:31
...and none of us are jealous. :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
18th January 2012, 17:37
Christ! HADN'T realised the tallest statue of 'Jesus The Redeemer' was to be found in Saigon :cwm24: ... and here's me thinking the famous Masterpiece in Rio de Janeiro had been the world's HIGHEST (in altitude) portraying Christ.

Englishman2010
18th January 2012, 21:08
Wasn't sure WHICH thread to put my post into, Ian ... you're such a well~travelled fella; Borneo, the Phils, HK, Singapore and, most recently, Vietnam - all within the past 12 months - so finally opted for this one of Alan's. Parts 1 & 2 ... BOTH a great read [as always!] :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:) No probs Arthur, it doesnt matter where you post it, and thanks for the rep comment:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Like you I didn't realise that the statue in Vung Tao near Saigon was the largest statue of Jesus, but the Vietnamese are convinced that it is, although I haven't researched to check that fact:Erm: