PDA

View Full Version : Luxury4Less - anyone used them?

Englishman2010
27th December 2011, 23:02
Luxury4less claim that they can get Business and First Class seats for 50-70% off the retail price as they buy millions of unwanted miles each year from major corporations.
Has anyone got any experience of using them?
For research, I've just asked them to quote me for a business class flight from BHX to BKK next October, I'll see what they come back with and then do a search with one of the bucket shops.

RickyR
28th December 2011, 07:02
Take a look at this thread on another website, about some opinions of this company http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies/1074234-anyone-ever-booked-luxury-less-flyl4l-com-before.html

Generally positive opinions. Although technically it's against the terms of most airlines policies. How it works is that people who have excess frequent flyer miles can sell them this company (essentially providing their login details so the company can book the ticket), and then you buy the award ticket. You don't gain any points or tier status for the flight, and if the airlline discovered the practice (it occasionally shuts down companies doing this) you could lose your booking.
In general however, it seems to work very well and most people are quite happy with the service they receive. I've done these kind of deals directly with other people.

Englishman2010
28th December 2011, 11:20
Well, first impressions aren't that great, firstly they can't get me a flight from BHX which is my local airport. LHR is an extra 150 minutes each way and adds about £150 to my travelling costs when parking, diesel, a hotel or taxi are added. Secondly they are around £800 more expensive than I can get a Business Class flight for with Emirates from my preferred airport:rolleyes: Additionally, if I book a BC flight with Emirates, either direct or via a bucket shop I will get about 40000 miles.

Hello XXXXXX,

Hope this email finds you well; in reference to the reservation request below that you submitted through our website, we can offer you as follows:

Note: I am aware that you requested to fly out of Birmingham. Being that there is no availability out of Birmingham we can offer you the following flights out of London.

1 LX 327 11OCT LHRZRH 1840 2120 11OCT

2 LX 180 11OCT ZRHBKK 2245 1440 12OCT

3 TG 916 26OCT BKKLHR 1225 1830 26OCT

All flights are in business class; the outbound is with Swiss via Zurich and the return is nonstop with Thai Airways. Swiss intercontinental flights have” full flat bed” on board and also their airport lounges are beautiful. see here while Thai is a very classy Asian airline with a beautiful business class cabin and stunning airport lounges.

The roundtrip price including all taxes per person is $3,350 USD / 2,165 GBP.

To proceed or if you have any further questions please either reply to this email or call our offices on the number in my signature below; it is our pleasure to be of ANY assistance as we pride ourselves on exceptional customer service.

Bear in mind: seats at these fares cannot be held and are limited therefore a quick decision is advised.

Kind regards,

RickyR
28th December 2011, 11:30
Shame, I've just tried them as well for quoting flights to the USA in July and they are unable to find anything.
Oh well.

Englishman2010
28th December 2011, 11:32
Shame, I've just tried them as well for quoting flights to the USA in July and they are unable to find anything.
Oh well.

Nevermind, it was worth trying just in case;)

There are quite a few sales on at the moment - try www.netflights.com or www.theflightcentre.com or co.uk

junior02
28th December 2011, 22:07
Luxury4less claim that they can get Business and First Class seats for 50-70% off the retail price as they buy millions of unwanted miles each year from major corporations.
Has anyone got any experience of using them?
For research, I've just asked them to quote me for a business class flight from BHX to BKK next October, I'll see what they come back with and then do a search with one of the bucket shops.

Its all a con you dont get some thing for nothing and certainly not business tickets ur better off using ebookers or netflights they normally have the best deals and they are 2 companys you can trust with ur hard ernt cash, somtimes you can also get good deals on the high st travel agents but not often..

RickyR
29th December 2011, 05:59
Hey Junior, its not a con. Just a way of operating which would see this company in legal actions with the airlines.