PDA

View Full Version : health problems..

karenkeith
26th December 2011, 14:40
my hubby has a heart problem..he has a heart monitor in his body...and had a low sugar level..last saturday he collapsed and rushed to the hospital..he was there for 4 hours.Aeortic stenosis..dont know what does that mean..but is it possible if i go there for visit visa considering these reasons that i have to take care of him?we can't afford yet for the fiancee one..he doen't hve a permanent job..is it okei if his family help me to pay or be my sponsor for him?..i dont have job yet.no own house..no enough money..i am full of pain of what else to do so i could go there...:(

Rosie1958
26th December 2011, 15:49
Hi Karen

I am so sorry to hear that your hubby is so ill, it must be such a worry for you being so far away. I was involved in a "mercy dash" when my brother became very ill in the Philippines last year and I sponsored his long term partner and son to come to the UK to be with him. They successfully obtained urgent settlement visas and all three of them came to the UK at the same time (I have an extensive thread in the Legal Section of this forum about obtaining help for my brother).

I notice that your status is shown as engaged and that you mention a fiancee visa but you call your partner "hubby" which suggests that you may be married. If you are married or can prove that you have been living together in a long term relationship, you may be able to secure a settlement visa, initially for two years on humanitarian grounds.

As far as your partner's health condition is concerned, the aorta is the main artery carrying blood out of the heart. When blood leaves the heart, it flows through the aortic valve, into the aorta. In aortic stenosis, the aortic valve does not open fully. This decreases blood flow from the heart.

I do hope that your partner's condition is now stable and that you are able to come to see him as soon as possible. I am sure that a more experienced member of the forum will be along with further advice soon about the visa situation.

Take care
Rosie :)

karensteve
26th December 2011, 16:01
i am so worried of him..i do not know what to do..he doesnt have enough money for me to come there..sorry this is my new one..yes he is my fiancee..i used to call him hubby cause he wants that...

joebloggs
26th December 2011, 16:25
Urgent and compassionate cases

Requests to priorities visa applications in urgent and compassionate cases will only be considered in the situations outlined below.
Serious illness or death of an immediate family member (the applicant's mother, father, brother, sister, husband, wife, son or daughter).
Emergency medical treatment which includes people who need to travel with you for support (for example a parent caring for an ill child).
Requests to fast-track visa applications for any other circumstances will not be considered.

If you would like your application to be considered as an urgent compassionate case, you must complete the visa application process given on this page. You should inform a VFS member of staff that your application is qualifies as an urgent compassionate case when you submit your visa application at the visa application centre. You must also provide evidence that supports your application meets the situations outlined above.. VFS will pass this information on to the UK Border Agency at the British Embassy, who will make a decision on your visa application.

I have concerns that you might not be classed as a family member as your not married

grahamw48
26th December 2011, 18:17
Sorry to hear about your predicament Karen, but I can't see you getting any kind of visa at this stage.

We have excellent free health services here, and I'm sure your partner is receiving the best possible treatment for his illness. I am no medical expert, but I believe that if he is receiving treatment now, then his life is not likely to be in danger....just that he will need time to recover.

Try to be patient for the moment, and don't pin your hopes on visiting him here. The best (and cheapest) thing to do is to email the UKBA (website) and ask their advice, after giving the facts that you've presented here.

I wish you both the best of luck, and a speedy recovery for your partner.

karenkeith
27th December 2011, 08:59
i just got sad that i wasnt even there to take care of him..for more than 5 years of relationship i never want him to get ill..i wish i just say yes few years ago..lots of regrets..now i end of wishing everything to turn out to be good for him..

Doc Alan
27th December 2011, 12:40
I am sorry to read your news about your fiance. You have already had visa advice - not my area of expertise - and reassurance about his treatment.
The commonest cause of aortic stenosis in UK is scarring with calcium deposits causing the valve to be more rigid. This increases with age ( you don't mention his age ). It gives the heart more work to do, especially if the valve can't fully close in addition, so it can fail, and give rise to chest pains / breathlessness. The valve may need to be surgically replaced by a mechanical valve, or ( if he is not fit enough ) made wider without heart surgery.
You say he's on a heart monitor - this may be an ECG ( electrocardiogram ) tracing, other standard ways of checking on his heart function, or ( if he had it before admission to hospital ) a pacemaker - which is used for various heart conditions.
If blood flow to the brain is reduced because of valve disease, then fainting could result due to lack of oxygen. You mention low blood sugar, which suggests diabetes in addition, although there are other possible causes ( unrelated to valve disease ).
Of course you can search on the internet for any medical conditions, but I've tried to explain your fiance's situation as simply as possible. Unfortunately you haven't given much detail - maybe that's all you know. I would expect that members of his own family, or others closely involved in his care here, would be fully informed by the doctors and nurses looking after him. If he is unable to give you more details, then they may be able to do so. You would certainly need more information before attempting to visit him in the UK.