PDA

View Full Version : Family Visit Visa Refused- after appealing IT'S SUCCESSFUL!

exquisitegeeks
21st December 2011, 22:05
Its been awhile since I posted something for this forum... The last time was telling the world I passed the English Assestment Exam for UK spouses with a very outstanding score.

Last August, my husband and I decided to apply for a family visit visa rather than settlement since we have only spent short time together in person and we think that showing UKBA that we spent enough time to get to know each other after my holiday in the UK will make our settlement visa application succesful... So yea, I applied for a family visit visa and got REFUSED. :cwm23:

My husband and I was emotionally wrecked, BUT we both know that we have a VERY strong case... We're both young, working, have savings, proactive and we have a genuine relationship that only a blind person won't see. When I applied for a visit visa I didn't provide some photos eventhough I have tons of it, coz I know that's its only applicable for settlement visa - MY BAD! it was the ground of the refusal. So we came up with a plan to appeal with all the additional documents needed. I showed UKBA all the documents that will prove that I have a good life in the Philippines, my degree, my savings and send them tons of pictures too. :ReadIt:

After 4 months of being lost in limbo and crying almost everyday, my husband woke me up with a call and asked me to call Tribunal because the judge already have a decision. And then I called them 2 times just to make sure i heard it correctly - My appeal was successful!!!

We celebrated UKBA's early Xmas gift drinking wine and laughing together on skype.. It's been awhile since we felt this peace and happiness. We cried, we waited enough and wasted too much time waiting. :icon_lol::spit:

Today, I submitted my resignation letter to 1 of the finest corporate company in the Philippines, it's hard for me to leave my job although I will be the happiest person on earth when I see my soulmate once again. I am happy and thankful. Just waiting for the letter from tribunal so I can send my passport to British Embassy in Mckinley. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

This is the best Xmas gift ever! I can't wait to hold my husband again. :heartshape1:

After 6 months.. I will definitely apply for the settlement visa since I am totally ready for it :)

:Jump:

Dedworth
21st December 2011, 22:21
Well done :appl:

Tawi2
21st December 2011, 22:31
The best christmas present ever for both of you,congratulations :)

lastlid
22nd December 2011, 10:22
What a great story. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Maja
22nd December 2011, 14:07
Congratulations! :Jump: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

exquisitegeeks
22nd December 2011, 17:46
Thanks Guys :) Still waiting for the letter they sent last Dec 13...

Terpe
22nd December 2011, 22:22
Its been awhile since I posted something for this forum... The last time was telling the world I passed the English Assestment Exam for UK spouses with a very outstanding score.

Last August, my husband and I decided to apply for a family visit visa rather than settlement since we have only spent short time together in person and we think that showing UKBA that we spent enough time to get to know each other after my holiday in the UK will make our settlement visa application succesful... So yea, I applied for a family visit visa and got REFUSED. :cwm23:

My husband and I was emotionally wrecked, BUT we both know that we have a VERY strong case... We're both young, working, have savings, proactive and we have a genuine relationship that only a blind person won't see. When I applied for a visit visa I didn't provide some photos eventhough I have tons of it, coz I know that's its only applicable for settlement visa - MY BAD! it was the ground of the refusal. So we came up with a plan to appeal with all the additional documents needed. I showed UKBA all the documents that will prove that I have a good life in the Philippines, my degree, my savings and send them tons of pictures too. :ReadIt:

After 4 months of being lost in limbo and crying almost everyday, my husband woke me up with a call and asked me to call Tribunal because the judge already have a decision. And then I called them 2 times just to make sure i heard it correctly - My appeal was successful!!!

We celebrated UKBA's early Xmas gift drinking wine and laughing together on skype.. It's been awhile since we felt this peace and happiness. We cried, we waited enough and wasted too much time waiting. :icon_lol::spit:

Today, I submitted my resignation letter to 1 of the finest corporate company in the Philippines, it's hard for me to leave my job although I will be the happiest person on earth when I see my soulmate once again. I am happy and thankful. Just waiting for the letter from tribunal so I can send my passport to British Embassy in Mckinley. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

This is the best Xmas gift ever! I can't wait to hold my husband again. :heartshape1:

After 6 months.. I will definitely apply for the settlement visa since I am totally ready for it :)

I am truly happy you eventually got the outcome you wanted for the visit visa. Well done:xxgrinning--00xx3:

May I ask why you did not apply for a settlement visa?

exquisitegeeks
23rd December 2011, 01:22
I am truly happy you eventually got the outcome you wanted for the visit visa. Well done:xxgrinning--00xx3:

May I ask why you did not apply for a settlement visa?

Hello Terpe!

Thanks.

My husband only visit the Philippines once... It's a 3 weeks holiday then we got married. Although we spent 10 hrs a day talking online for a year and I even made a 4 thick (atlas type) chat, call logs history... I am ready to prove them what we really have BUT we are aware that this fact could be our ground of refusal, so instead of taking that risk we decided to apply for a visit visa knowing that it is easier to get (We're wrong) and we will have a more solid evidence that we already spent enough time together physically.
After my 6 months visit to the UK I'll come back to the Philippines and apply for a settlement visa right away since I already got the the TOEIC exam certificate.
We feel that everyday we spent away from each other is a wasted life and stolen time from us... I'm just glad that the judge saw our genuine relationship... Out of 7 billion soul I found my perfect mate so I'm not gonna let it pass me by :heartshape1: yea?

joebloggs
23rd December 2011, 08:49
did you have a date for a hearing ? was there a hearing ?
most visit visa's for a partner will be refused because UKBA do not believe you will go back b4 your visa expires, and they will say your applying for the wrong type of visa, if your married why only a visit visa and not a settlement.

but :xxgrinning--00xx3: to getting your visa.

exquisitegeeks
23rd December 2011, 10:03
did you have a date for a hearing ? was there a hearing ?
most visit visa's for a partner will be refused because UKBA do not believe you will go back b4 your visa expires, and they will say your applying for the wrong type of visa, if your married why only a visit visa and not a settlement.

but :xxgrinning--00xx3: to getting your visa.

Hello Joe,

There's no hearing, I know that we have a strong case so I requested a paper decision. And yes you are correct - when my husband called them, he was advised that we should've applied for a settlement visa because lots of spouses did not return in the Philippines that's why UKBA's refusing visit visa. Well in my case, I have an attorney that made a sworn affidavit (authenticated) that I will come back to my country as soon as my visa expires. Plus, 4 months ago I'm still working so I have to go back.
Tbh while we're waiting for the decision we actually decided to apply for settlement regardless of what the outcome will be.. But after 3 days we received the decision :) and my visit visa was allowed.
You asked why visit visa? Like what i said on my response to terpe, showing UKBA that me and my husband spent enough time together will make our application (settlement) more solid.

The most important thing right now is that I will be able to hold the love of my life again :heartshape1: After waiting 4 months for the decision...

:xxgrinning--00xx3: I guess we made the judge's see the genuine LOVE we have for each other, 100+ happy photos plus tons of supporting documents says it all....

I can't wait to kiss my loving husband... It's driving me crazy :bigcry:

joebloggs
23rd December 2011, 11:51
i was asking if you had a date for a hearing, becuase i'm wondering if UKBA withdrew the refusal, as i've heard about it happening more often so they dont have to solicitors fees etc.

but good you got it, if more were as honest as you and went back there wouldnt be this problem with refusals :NoNo:

exquisitegeeks
23rd December 2011, 16:02
i was asking if you had a date for a hearing, becuase i'm wondering if UKBA withdrew the refusal, as i've heard about it happening more often so they dont have to solicitors fees etc.

but good you got it, if more were as honest as you and went back there wouldnt be this problem with refusals :NoNo:

Yes :( Lots of spouses didn't return and I was pissed off when I've found out about it... It's a simple rule and everyone must respect immigration's law.
There's no hearing Joe, in the appeal form I signed there was a question if I want a hearing but I didn't put yes on that. My husband kept on calling them for an update and last week they informed him that the judge's already have the decision and they sent the letter to the applicant (me)
So I called them, after some verification I asked the result and the representative told me that my appeal was successful and my visa was allowed so I need to wait for the letter from the Tribunal and a call from the embassy to have my passport visa stamp. I had to call them twice to make sure I heard it correctly

MissAna
23rd December 2011, 16:35
:Jump: :Hellooo:

exquisitegeeks
25th December 2011, 12:23
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!

Finally got the mail from the Embassy last Dec. 23... The appeal was indeed successful and all I need to do now is to send my passport :) Best Christmas gift I ever had... And what a great way to start New Year.