PDA

View Full Version : medica record

winner
4th June 2007, 17:37
hi all does my wife need to bring her medica record and a xray with her to show at airport when she comes to england any one know many thanks winner

LadyJ
4th June 2007, 17:50
Her latest Xray result should be enough proof when she asked to have a TB test at the airport but I suggest to keep all her health personal records she have (including some of her proof of relationship and sponsorship records if entering UK as a spouse for the first time) ready in her hand carry in case the Immigration officer ask for them.

winner
4th June 2007, 18:42
ok many thanks her medica record will her docter give her al just a note saying she is fit and noting wroung with here

LadyJ
4th June 2007, 20:06
:Erm: is there something wrong with the keyboard?:D

I'm not sure with the doctors note only but I think they prefer to see the actual xray picture with result. Oh well, the TB test in the airport is free so nothing to worry about if they ask her to do the test again.

joebloggs
4th June 2007, 20:33
on a thai forum i go on, some people have been asked for the x-rays to :omg: , as the ECO officer has said that the cert can be faked ...

'we arrived at Gatwick as i was traveling with wife , and at immigration we were sent to airport health centre had certifficate but origanal x ray was in luggage, i would advise anyone traveling for first time to uk to have certifficate and x ray to hand'

but i dont think many have been asked for the x-rays !, just bring them if you have them, just incase your asked ..

tiger@tigress
4th June 2007, 22:32
I never ask for any record at all when i enter England they just ask few questions about my fiancee thats all... but case to case basis...:xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
4th June 2007, 23:02
i think its recent for pinoys, as my wife didn't need a test, my stepson didnt when he came, and he came to the uk in dec 2006, but he has been asked to attend a clinic for an xray now. maybe it started in feb 2007 for filipino's

Nationals of some countries are required to undergo an examination specifically for Infectious Tuberculosis TB before applying for Entry Clearance. This requirement varies between countries depending on local healthcare systems and standards. Testing has started in the following countries: Bangladesh, Ghana, Kenya, Sudan, Tanzania, Pakistan, and Thailand. Furthermore, the UK also plans to introduce testing in China, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Philippines, South Africa and Zimbabwe. Generally, testing is required for people applying for a visa to stay in the UK for over six months.

You should have the test at a clinic accredited by the Embassy and show the test certificate with your Entry Clearance application. It is imperative that you check with the Embassy in your country in good time to see if you require an examination and to find out what the local procedures are. You may need to consider starting the testing process some months before you plan to submit your Entry Clearance application so that there is sufficient time for the test results to be processed and returned to you before you make the visa application.You may also decide voluntarily to undergo a medical examination and chest X-ray. Check with the Embassy in your country to see what they advise. Ensure that you carry any medical certificates and X-ray results in your hand luggage in case Immigration Officers ask to see them when you arrive at the airport in the UK.

oh found the link
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1134650060907

KeithD
5th June 2007, 09:11
It could be anyone's x-ray...how the hell would the UK folk Know......what is wrong with doing it themselves? Talk about usual crap UK security.

LadyJ
5th June 2007, 09:51
I never ask for any record at all when i enter England they just ask few questions about my fiancee thats all... but case to case basis...:xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

All the Immigration officers at the airport only wants to see the proof that you've been to the TB test room before they can let you go.

joebloggs
5th June 2007, 10:53
anyone watch the tv program on ITV last night about airport security at brummie airport or lack of it :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

it showed the security people fast asleep, not being where they should have been, not doing thier job, too few security people to check people, reading newspapers while they were suppose to check the xrays of the contents of suitcases, selling and using drugs while working, drinking, some having criminal records for kidnappnig, gbh, theft... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

the company that supplied the 'security' people lost the contract, but the new company that won the contract, employed many of the old security people :Rasp: :Rasp:

and the old security company won the contract to patrol the outside of the airport..

maybe immigration should raid the airport, find out how many of these security guards are illegal immigrants, i thought your suppose to have like a 5-10yr work history check for jobs like that..
good to know your in safe hands :NoNo: