PDA

View Full Version : CRB Disclosure

ynwa
18th December 2011, 15:24
Any ideas how to do it?

joebloggs
18th December 2011, 15:27
normally the employer would apply for it and pay for it, my wife has had as few done as she works for the NHS.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Startinganewjob/DG_195809

ynwa
18th December 2011, 15:32
thanks joe for the helpful infos. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
18th December 2011, 15:35
it should be nothing to worry about :xxgrinning--00xx3:

RickyR
18th December 2011, 16:39
As mentioned above, the CRB disclosure can ONLY be applied for by an employer. There is also an enhanced CRB for anyone working with chidren or vulnerabe people.

However you can apply for a Basic Disclosure yourself via Disclosure Scotland, regardless of location in the UK.

If your working as a nurse or similar, your employer will obtain this for you, although some do ask if you've had one before.

grahamw48
18th December 2011, 16:41
Yep...believe it or not, even I have an 'enhanced' disclosure CRB certificate. :icon_lol:

RickyR
18th December 2011, 19:26
haha yes likewise Graham, I go into schools promoting careers at sea with presentations, and had to get a Enhanced Certificate before I could... What a crazy world we live in.
Over the years I've had so many checks, when I got my Transport Workers Identification Card from the TSA in America I had to get checks through the FBI and CIA, but the benefit being I can travel on it and use fastrack security their. Then for my current (new job), it took 3 months for the security checks.

What a mad world we live in.

grahamw48
18th December 2011, 21:00
We do indeed Ricky.

Now if we had wanted to be Politicians or Bankers....:rolleyes:

Maria B
20th January 2012, 17:57
normally the employer would apply for it and pay for it, my wife has had as few done as she works for the NHS.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Startinganewjob/DG_195809

:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Hi Ynwa. Agree to joebloggs.
Yes the employer will apply it for you (private/nhs). Some agency employer they will do the same & u will pay for a certain amount.

In the Philippines, it's like NBI (w/ processing procedure).

ynwa
22nd January 2012, 00:31
Everything sorted thanks for all your replies guys. Xx