PDA

View Full Version : It's important to meet !

Doc Alan
16th December 2011, 22:02
I'm sure we're all agreed about the importance of meeting for real, as soon as possible, in any long distance / internet relationship that seems to be serious. Indeed UKBA won't issue a Fiance or Spouse visa unless there is " evidence the applicant and sponsor have met ", preferably on more than one occasion.
I wish also that more forum members could meet, while understanding the difficulties in so doing. Such meetings have been attempted before - recently by Arthur and Scott - and the latest is by Steve and Emma ( http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/34665-get-together?highlight= )
I realise that forum members may wish to keep a certain amount of privacy, for various reasons. They may rightly wish to keep their personal life private, or feel they can express strong views more freely with the security of a user name.
I have to say, however, that the friends I know best on the forum are those whom I have met :). That's why I'm looking forward to this Saturday's " get together " with Steve, Emma, and other forum members who are also good friends :xxgrinning--00xx3: They even tolerate - and encourage - my karaoke :omg:

Englishman2010
16th December 2011, 22:50
Looking forward to meeting up tomorrow night:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rosie1958
17th December 2011, 00:08
Definitely agree with Doc Alan's recommendation of meeting potential partners in person as soon as possible. It can save a lot of heartache in the future.

I hope that those that are meeting at Steve and Emma's tomorrow have a great time. I would have liked to have come along to meet you all too but I already have commitments at an office Christmas party, which I can't miss since I am the organiser :Cuckoo: Hopefully, I might catch up with a few of you next year, I'd really enjoy that! :Jump:

grahamw48
17th December 2011, 00:33
Have a great night guys.

I'm saving up to go and meet someone ;)...and have to take my son to the airport.

Arthur Little
17th December 2011, 01:27
Well, :rolleyes: ... as MOST regulars on the forum are aware, Alan ... I really did my damndest - along with considerable support from Scott - to ARRANGE such an (ill-fated as it turned out!) event for the first weekend in October past. Ever mindful of the fact that, by far the majority of members living in the UK reside in England, I thought it only right and proper that a "get-together" should take place in as "central" a location as possible - the English Midlands - and, more specifically, in Britain's "second city" namely, Birmingham - even though it could scarcely be called the bonniest part of the country in terms of scenic beauty. Sadly, of course, :bigcry: in the end, I was faced with little alternative but to take the decision to cancel, on account of the general lack of enthusiasm.

Needless to say, it would've entailed *travelling a considerable distance for the likes of ME. And - if I'm being completely honest with myself - I cannot truthfully say, "hand on heart", that Myrna was altogether keen on *that particular prospect :nono-1-1:. But she'd have come just the same - for MY sake - because she was aware, more than anyone, of the amount of effort I'd exerted in the vain hope of making it happen!

So ... I salute Steve & Emma for arranging tomorrow's meet-up and hope everyone who's able to attend - including your goodself - have a GREAT pre-Christmas celebration. :xxparty-smiley-050: I'd dearly have loved to've been able to be there too ... but at this time of year the weather is invariably unpredictable. :anerikke:

imagine
17th December 2011, 03:05
Definitely agree with Doc Alan's recommendation of meeting potential partners in person as soon as possible. It can save a lot of heartache in the future.
:

having been on that road, i can certainly vouch for that, it is very important to meet, as soon as your able and before your too involved with your feelings, save a lot of heart ache,

wish you all a great time at steve and emma's, maybe another time i can get to meet too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rusty
17th December 2011, 17:47
Agreed, we have just had a lovely lunch with the new member, Tatzkie and her family to welcome them to the north east. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sim11UK
18th December 2011, 00:20
Do you think Doc Alan has started singing yet? :NoNo: :D

Arthur Little
18th December 2011, 00:46

:gp:, Simon ... like ME, Alan hails from Clydeside. And right now, he's probably giving his rich, dulcet tones a well-deserved airing with his own special rendition of "I be~long to Glas~gow :veryhappy:... !"

Doc Alan
18th December 2011, 14:28
They wouldn't let me sing :bigcry:.
Seriously, there wasn't time :NoNo:.
It was a great evening, an amazing Indian meal followed by a party at Steve and Emma's - thanks for your hospitality :) What better way to dispose of " peanut kisses " from Bohol than among my good forum friends :xxgrinning--00xx3:!
There WILL be another informal get together in the Spring, in and around sunny Scarborough on the east coast of England - the hard core have already said they will be there !:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
18th December 2011, 14:48
Hmm...Scarborough, that's an easier one for me.

Maybe Les and I can car-share. :Erm:

Englishman2010
18th December 2011, 15:19
It was nice to meet up with you at long last Doc, and just as nice to meet Steve, Emma and the rest of the crew again. Count me in for Scarborough:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
18th December 2011, 17:53
a truely magical evening, thanks for all who attended, most traveled a very long way to be with us and i thank them for that, i must say to all folks, try to meet up with other members, myself and emma have meet fantastic new true friends, merry xmas to all and a great new year ,

asianeer
18th December 2011, 19:04
It was a great time and wish to meet other member pretty soon.:Hellooo: