PDA

View Full Version : Payback time for trough feeders

Dedworth
15th December 2011, 18:30
Former MPs David Chaytor, Elliot Morley and Eric Illsley have been told to repay thousands of pounds in legal costs after their convictions for fraudulently claiming expenses.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16203947

It's not such good news as it sounds - the tree hugging judge has not ordered them to repay the full whack.

One other grub Jim Devine has wriggled out of it as he conveniently declared himself bankrupt - to my mind his house should be seized and he should be made homeless and forced to live in a hostel

Tawi2
15th December 2011, 18:32
Elliot Morley
My favourite,he always reminds me of toad from wind in the willows :icon_lol: both in looks and the fact he was full of bluster(till his fall from grace).:icon_lol:

to my mind his house should be seized and he should be made homeless and forced to live in a hostel
Correct :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
15th December 2011, 19:30
My favourite,he always reminds me of toad from wind in the willows :icon_lol: both in looks and the fact he was full of bluster(till his fall from grace).:icon_lol:

Correct :xxgrinning--00xx3:

They all have that look of sneering arrogance about them, it was great seeing them cut down to size.

A pity our Hi-de-Hi! jails aren't brutal, disease ridden hell holes that would have scarred these criminal two faced shysters for life

andy222
19th December 2011, 09:54
They should be jailed.

Dedworth
19th December 2011, 09:58
They should be jailed.

They were but unfortunately not for long enough

grahamw48
19th December 2011, 11:08
Yes indeed, they SHOULD have to sell their homes, as would the vast majority of those whom they claim to have served, were they to find themselves in similar circumstances.

When will those in power....judicial or political, realise that this is exactly the sort of ruling that causes people to lose respect for 'authority' ? :NoNo:

RickyR
19th December 2011, 20:29
They feel that being a politician is a right, along with the expenses and that it's a career that they should be rewarded for.
This is wrong, it is a service to the people, paid for by the people, to represent the people. I think we should get rid of career politicians, and have a prerequesit of life experience drawing people from a diverse set of backgrounds including Military, Corporate and more.

This behaviour wouldn't be tolerated in most well run companies, how on earth is it tolerated in government.

Dedworth
19th December 2011, 20:36
They feel that being a politician is a right, along with the expenses and that it's a career that they should be rewarded for.
This is wrong, it is a service to the people, paid for by the people, to represent the people. I think we should get rid of career politicians, and have a prerequesit of life experience drawing people from a diverse set of backgrounds including Military, Corporate and more.

This behaviour wouldn't be tolerated in most well run companies, how on earth is it tolerated in government.

Well said - too many of them from all political persuasions follow the same well trodden path - comfortable childhood with well off parents in the home counties, private school, Oxbridge, stint as a lawyer/do gooder/lobbyist/MP's side kick.