PDA

View Full Version : No Surrender to the EuroTrash

Dedworth
9th December 2011, 21:26
Interesting write up in The Daily Telegraph

Europe's blithering idiots and their flim-flam treaty

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/ambroseevans-pritchard/100013758/europes-blithering-idiots-and-their-flim-flam-treaty/

joebloggs
9th December 2011, 21:41
did they call Cameron's bluff :rolleyes:

but a :xxgrinning--00xx3: to cameron, who knows how this will end :rolleyes:

branno
9th December 2011, 22:27
well, wot can i say ? at least hes had the nerve to please some of his sceptics " euro ones of course" and maintain his job a bit longer :icon_lol: but hes still full of bulls..t.

Now lets have that referendum :xxgrinning--00xx3: for the good of our country..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
9th December 2011, 22:38
You tell em Cameron !!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

At last someone with some balls !

As for that idiot Millipratt, and his usual wet response...:NoNo:

Dedworth
9th December 2011, 22:42
You tell em Cameron !!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

At last someone with some balls !

As for that idiot Millipratt, and his usual wet response...:NoNo:

Millipratt and Cleggy would have gone out there, brown hatted, bottled it and come back like Neville Chamberlain waving a useless bit of paper

grahamw48
9th December 2011, 22:46
Absolutely.

What can Labour say anyway ?

They got us into the damned mess in the first place....or were they both blind and stupid for the whole 13 years ? :rolleyes:

branno
9th December 2011, 22:56
guess he will come home to a HEROS welcome next week to have a yarn with the 1922 back bench committee... but just be reminded sunshine... weve got soldiers out in iraq n afghan with no proper gear to protect themselves.. ur still a soggy thatcherite.

Dedworth
9th December 2011, 22:59
Absolutely.

They got us into the damned mess in the first place....or were they both blind and stupid for the whole 13 years ? :rolleyes:

A pair of spineless slugs those two, never forget it was Blair and Bottler who broke their promise of a referendum.

Just for motivational purposes there's a sound clip here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-16119332 of Maggie telling some tree hugging, sandal wearing old crone why we sent the SS Belgrano to Davy Jones Locker

grahamw48
9th December 2011, 23:00
They shouldn't have been sent there (Afghanistan) in the first place...or Iraq. :NoNo:

I wonder who was responsible for that. :Erm:

Dedworth
9th December 2011, 23:15
They shouldn't have been sent there (Afghanistan) in the first place...or Iraq. :NoNo:

I wonder who was responsible for that. :Erm:

SOP for Labourites selective memory as to who got us there. It's also useful then go back a few Govts and blame current ills on something an ancient history Tory administration did eg ceasing free school milk, selling off council houses etc

andy222
10th December 2011, 01:03
And who sent our troops to the Falklands? Cameron is in a no win situation now.

grahamw48
10th December 2011, 01:29
That was very different.

OUR territory was invaded and 1800 Britons taken prisoner. :angry:

Pete/London
10th December 2011, 11:23
Well now Cameron has said no I hope he carries on and continues to say no to all the other nonsense coming from Europe.
As for being bad Europeans, it wasn`t so long ago during the BSE crisis that all of Europe closed their doors to our dairy products and the French in particular took years to re open their markets to us.
Going further back the Belgiums refused to sell us amunition during our hour of need whilst a few of our other partners sat on the fence, could be a re run of the Argentine conflict soon for us to find out who our friends are.

grahamw48
10th December 2011, 11:26
I agree.

The sooner we break the chains with this bunch of either basket-case countries or those that just plain despise us, the better. :angry:

les_taxi
10th December 2011, 12:08
Yes I agree stuff em
Not for one minute do I believe we need to be worried by them,We are a resourceful enough nation and of course saving their ungrateful asses out of world wars seems a distant memory for many now.
What we actually should have done is a private deal with Germany and .......s to the rest of Europe,Uk and Germany combined would have been so strong.

grahamw48
10th December 2011, 13:01
We just need to rent a few more Pandas from China, open a few more call-centres in India, buddy up with the United States again, and former colonies like Canada and Australia.

The rest of Europe can go and take a run and jump, and all the EU migrant workers and benefit cheats return home to their world of horse-drawn ploughs and Premier League of corrupt politicians. :rolleyes:

Pete/London
10th December 2011, 13:16
i would like us to start producing good quality cars, steal back our range rover technology, learn how to produce reliable cars on a par with toyota and start buying uk manufactured good. Then take another look at our fishing industry.

grahamw48
10th December 2011, 14:15
I agree.

There is nothing manufactured in the rest of the world that we can't make for (and buy) ourselves, especially since we invented most of the technology in the first place. :rolleyes:

gWaPito
10th December 2011, 22:46
I remember a forum member saying a while back...I think it was one of Apo's tribesmen...'to get a balanced view you have to read all the papers'

Well, if you'd read yesterdays Mirror and today's Mail you would of thought the story wasn't connected, such as there difference of opinion.

I'll do what I always do, trust the Mail :D. They've yet to fail me...great news, great value :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
10th December 2011, 22:52
I only buy newspapers in the Phils...mainly for their amusement value.

Even my free paper here that pops through my letterbox every Thursday is used solely for catching the drips from my health grill. :)

gWaPito
10th December 2011, 23:01
I only buy newspapers in the Phils...mainly for their amusement value.

Even my free paper here that pops through my letterbox every Thursday is used solely for catching the drips from my health grill. :)

We used to get those along with pizzas and curry advertising...a simple stick on sign from b and q ' no junk mail' has cured our woes...no more piles of waste paper to transfer straight to the recycling bin :D

Arthur Little
11th December 2011, 01:59
Much has been said about whether David Cameron handled this well or badly.

Whatever his critics say about Cameron's premiership, he HAS to be admired for proving he's got the guts to ignore the terms of the pact between the leaders of France & Germany ... two of Europe's Superpowers - both geographically larger in area than the UK - and thereby concentrate on the electorate he represents. Love him or loathe him ... :anerikke: ... in disregarding the wishes of Sarkozy and Merkel, he's proved himself to have had the courage of his convictions to stand up and be accountable for what he firmly BELIEVES to be RIGHT for :Britain: and its economic future as an independent nation. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pete/London
11th December 2011, 02:43
I believe he was in a catch 22 situation Arthur, if he had voted for the treaty change there was a pretty good chance that it would have triggered the calling of a referendum here in the UK . That would most likely to have led to a no to Europe vote and a lot of MPs losing their gravy train, plus uncertain times for us.
Using the veto was I think his only option.
Interesting times ahead though:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
11th December 2011, 03:02

They got us into the damned mess in the first place...or were they both blind and stupid for the whole 13 years ? :rolleyes:

:iagree: ... NOT a lot! :nono-1-1: Nothing sensible, at any rate! All Labour seemed capable of was echoing Sillyband's whingeing "orchestration" [puns intended] about it being "a terrible day for :Britain:" ... conveniently forgetful (as you remind us) of the 13 years' havoc they'd created.

Arthur Little
11th December 2011, 03:40
I believe he was in a catch 22 situation Arthur, if he had voted for the treaty change there was a pretty good chance that it would have triggered the calling of a referendum here in the UK . That would most likely to have led to a no to Europe vote and a lot of MPs losing their gravy train, plus uncertain times for us.
Using the veto was I think his only option.
Interesting times ahead though:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hmm ... possibly, Pete. Personally, though, I feel he'd have come under fire from the Opposition WHICHEVER way he voted. Let's say he HAD gone along with the proposals :rolleyes: ... doubtless it would've given Labour the opportunity to THEN accuse him of being a "weak" Prime Minister ... too "spineless" to act in his country's best interests. At least now, he's shown himself to be anything but !

gWaPito
11th December 2011, 04:10
Im with you Arthur....he did what was right for our country....nothing to do with catches and saving face...he stood, he was counted...he's the man!

andy222
11th December 2011, 09:54
That was very different.

OUR territory was invaded and 1800 Britons taken prisoner. :angry:

I disagree Graham I think it was more for Political gain but thats life. We will see what happens to this european decision. Personally I dont know what to think.

grahamw48
11th December 2011, 10:46
Certainly political gain came into it, but national pride needed saving too, especially after the 'Cod Wars' humiliation, and we were obliged to protect the Falklanders.

Anyway, I'm glad we went down there and kicked ..... (It also revealed a lot of weaknesses in our armed forces and their equipment.)

joebloggs
11th December 2011, 11:17
i just missed Nigel Farage on the Andrew Marr show, also on Hague and clegg, clegg saying it was a mistake that cameron didnt sign, sounds like there could be :cwm3: a few problems there :icon_lol:

should be on Iplayer later, i'll watch it then :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b018kymr/The_Andrew_Marr_Show_11_12_2011/

grahamw48
11th December 2011, 11:27
Clegg will pipe down.

He wants to continue his 5 minutes of fame.:rolleyes:

andy222
11th December 2011, 13:17
I think clegg has a point. If the EU impose sanctions on us there will be problems for us. However I think Germany are a more powerful nation than us.(Lets admit it they always have been) They are the leaders in the EU. France just play second fiddle. Its a tough one to call.

grahamw48
11th December 2011, 14:41
Cameron didn't sign, so they CAN'T impose sanctions on us....only on the sheep and no-hopers who did, and those in the 'Eurozone', which of course we never have been anyway...thank goodness.

The only thing Germany is worried about is having to bail out the lame ducks....again.

- Something else we won't have to do, or at least not to the same extent.

There is a whole world out there to trade with, rather than just selling exactly the same goods to each other within Europe, like some sort of pass the parcel , and stick some more profit and tax on each time it comes around.

I want to buy a car or a washing machine or a TV or a computer made in this country....THEN export the surplus production.
Time and time again the (gullible) British consumer has said no to British goods, shafted their own industries and ultimately put themselves out of work.

Apart from the 'City', as far as I can see those employed in our much lauded 'Service' industries either consist of a bunch of parasites running employment agencies, quack training courses, compensation claims nuisances, and hundreds of call-centres employing vast numbers of people with minimal skills and minimum pay. :NoNo:

We can't even build a flagship liner here any more, or rolling stock for the railways we invented, let alone a simple car for the masses. :rolleyes:

Yes, by some miracle we still have a few successful BRITISH companies who actually PRODUCE something, but a fraction of what should have been.

andy222
11th December 2011, 15:09
Who cant impose sanctions Graham? They can do anything they want. You have already said we dont produce much here so what use are we to the EU? Who owns the water? Where does our gas come from? Who owns the electric?.

Arthur Little
11th December 2011, 15:16
Who owns the water? Where does our gas come from? Who owns the electric?.

Ah ... but what about the North Sea oil? ;)

grahamw48
11th December 2011, 16:50
Who cant impose sanctions Graham? They can do anything they want. You have already said we dont produce much here so what use are we to the EU? Who owns the water? Where does our gas come from? Who owns the electric?.

WE own the water in OUR country. That is a fine illustration of where we have gone wrong.
Re-nationalisation of OUR national resources and utilities will soon cure that.

Our companies like BP own huge gas fields....just that we choose to sell it to other people...not to mention the vast untapped resources we own around the Falklands, AND the estimated 300 years worth of coal still under our soil.

It's all about current and future priorities. We are NOT short of natural resources or manufacturing capability...should we need it. It's government policies that decide whether or how we choose to use them. :)

andy222
11th December 2011, 16:55
Ok Graham we will see.

grahamw48
11th December 2011, 16:59
Oh, I don't expect things to change anytime soon. :NoNo:

Too many vested interests and bureaucrats living off the gravy train now. :rolleyes:

andy222
11th December 2011, 17:04
We dont know what is going to happen Graham. I thought the thatcher sold the water to the french. Maybe Im wrong appologies.

grahamw48
11th December 2011, 17:12
No, she didn't 'sell' it. It was privatised so (unlike in other European countries :rolleyes:) it became an open market.

I don't agree with everything Maggie did ....council house sales and school milk for instance.

joebloggs
14th December 2011, 09:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkP3IWuJqg8

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Bluebirdjones
14th December 2011, 12:39
The end of the Euro (in its current format) is neigh.

In Greece, deposits held by corporations and households fell 22% from the start of 2010 through to September. 2010
… and recent data from Greece revealed that a record €6.8billion was taken out of corporate and household bank deposits in Greece in just one month.,… and this acceleration has continued as the Eurozone crisis gets worse.

“Those who can are trying to shift their funds abroad. The Greek central bank estimates that around a fifth of the deposits withdrawn have been moved out of the country”. (Dec 2011)

This a bank run, …(although the news agencies & the EU are doing their best to bury the information) . and if this continues, it's the end for Greece...... and effectively for the Euro, as a sustained bank run in Greece will spur one in the rest of the PIGs.

If Greece introduces currency controls ie you can only withdraw a certain % age within a certain time frame, it will just induce the Spaniards, Portugese etc to withdraw their money from their banks.

Goodbye Euro, hello Drachma, Lira, Escudo, Punt & Potato

Terpe
14th December 2011, 14:48
BBJ,you are correct, there is a bank run in Greece. Such events do not get fixed on their own, and the ECB will never get the German nod.

Let's be honest, the DC affair is just a diversion.
Only two simple questions really mattered for the summit.

1. Could our Euro leaders actually come up with anything new at all to help ease the Euro crisis?
2. Could our Euro leaders actually come up with anything new at all to boost market confidence in the European Central Bank's ability to step up to the mark.

The answers are: NO and NO
Those particular papers continue to remain completely blank
Cameron cannot be blamed for that.

But let's not kid ourselves, veto or not, when the Eurozone goes down UK is very vunerable. Without any strong united and co-ordinated 'national interest' policies from business and parliament, then UK will follow within 5 years.

Englishman2010
14th December 2011, 16:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkP3IWuJqg8

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I might agree with most of what Farage says, but there is still something about him that I don't like. UKIP won't be getting my vote. They must be a thorn in the tories side too as they are potentially taking away tory votes

grahamw48
14th December 2011, 17:08
Well, they'll be getting my vote. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
14th December 2011, 22:53
I might agree with most of what Farage says, but there is still something about him that I don't like. UKIP won't be getting my vote. They must be a thorn in the tories side too as they are potentially taking away tory votes

maybe, like you've said most of what he says is true, the last time the people of the UK had a vote on the EU was in the late 70's, that more than 40yrs of slowly increasing their powers until there will be no need for a UK gov and no votes for its citizens :NoNo:

andy222
19th December 2011, 17:44
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/8964734/EU-demands-25bn-lifeline-from-the-UK.html

grahamw48
19th December 2011, 18:06
As those of us who voted NO back in the 70s sensed would happen, the EU has become nothing more than a parasitic monster that has relentlessly sucked dry our independence and our money. :NoNo:

I would rather live in a shack, but at least be able to lock my door.

Dedworth
19th December 2011, 21:09
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/8964734/EU-demands-25bn-lifeline-from-the-UK.html

Well done Osborne he's given them the big eff off pill

Britain says no to EU again: Osborne refuses to hand over £30bn of taxpayers' cash for IMF rescue

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2075924/Boris-Johnson-Euro-wont-12-months.html#ixzz1h0sHRN94

Tawi2
19th December 2011, 21:26
Farage
He is getting my vote,and I remember thinking when he was interviewed in a hospital bed after his plane crash he still looked more honest and spruce than Brown who had been groomed for his camera appearance :icon_lol:

grahamw48
19th December 2011, 21:28
What a MAN. :xxgrinning--00xx3: