PDA

View Full Version : new toys for steve

stevewool
8th December 2011, 08:19
well my xmas has come early, all the stuff i have ordered has arrived, new lens for the camera, remote control for the camera,2x 4 gb sd cards, lens cleaner, the remote from ebay £2.75 free postage brand new and it works,£14 from the shops, the sd cards £5.80 and they are new too,and yesterday got my new singing , dancing new phone, a galaxy ace, my god how the hel do you turn this on or even answer the thing, well yes some may say its a old phone now but when you are use to quills and inks and using pigeons for the post, you will understand what i mean, anyway press on they say, no swip the say now to work it, thats the phone:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

lastlid
8th December 2011, 08:44
My wife has a Galaxy Ace - an ebay purchase also.

joebloggs
8th December 2011, 11:58
does your camera take 8gb micro sd's ?
i buy them off ebay, £6.47 for a new sandisk one with free del :xxgrinning--00xx3: bought loads for the camera, phone, psp, NDS :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
8th December 2011, 13:57
I bought my wife's camera off ebay. And micro SDs too. The micro SD's are a lot cheaper on ebay. I got the mrs an SD for her Galaxy Ace on ebay at a considerable saving.

South-east boy
8th December 2011, 14:15
Yes, I always shop around for the memory cards too. They are 2-3 times the cost in most high-street shops! But you do have to be careful as the cameras don't like certain cards-brands or models. I found that put in April when I was out with Viva on my birthday-I kept getting an error and I couldn't even turn the camera off! I thought there was a problem with the camera and would need to get it looked at, but when I searched the error on the internet it was mostly said to be a memory card error and there is a Nikon preferred list. After trying my other cards in, it was fine again thanks goodness! So now I'm a lot more careful which cards I use!

I got one of those remote control shutter releases too and yeah, it's quite handy!

Doc Alan
9th December 2011, 15:49
You probably all know this, but compatible SD memory cards should have a speed " Class 6 " or above for recording motion pictures. The speed class refers to a specification for sustained write speeds. I have a Panasonic Lumix TZ 18 which gave great still and motion results on my Philippines trip last month. However, before going I tried a " Class 4 " memory card which gave poor " jerky " motion pictures ( but good still pictures ). So I bought a SanDisk 8 GB 20 MB / s Extreme HD video SDHC card, " Class 10 ", through Amazon for 12.89 GBP. This allowed over 600 still pictures and 20 short motion pictures, with spare memory.