PDA

View Full Version : More long haul choice from BHX (Birmingham)

Englishman2010
6th December 2011, 14:07
In addition to KLM, Air France, Lufthansa, Swissair and Emirates, Turkish Airlines have expanded their Asian long haul services from Brum Airport. I've never flown with them and don't know how good/bad they are:Erm:

New Service from Turkish Airlines

Turkish Airlines are pleased to inform you that they are introducing a new Wednesday service from 11th January 2012.

The new service will operate from Birmingham at 14:20 and will land into Istanbul at 20:10.

To enjoy the new service Turkish Airlines have introduced some new promotional fares :

Hong Kong – from £506
Bangkok - from £544
Dubai – from £340
Singapore – from £641
Osaka – from £645
Delhi – from £405
Mumbai – from £405
Istanbul – from £190
North Cyprus – from £262

To check availability and see more offers please visit www.TurkishAirlines.com

Turkish Airlines, has been named as the Best Airline in Europe by Skytrax in 2011

grahamw48
6th December 2011, 14:11
Wow.

Sounds delightful. :)

Englishman2010
6th December 2011, 14:15
Wow.

Sounds delightful. :)

It gives more choice, but at those prices they need to be a bit more competitive if they want a slice of the business. Lufthansa and KLM are frequently sub £450 to the Far East if one can make the most of their promo's.

Dedworth
6th December 2011, 15:11
A friend flew with them last year to Thailand - regretted it. Other than Aeroflot they've the worst safety record in Europe (personally I don't class them as European)

Englishman2010
6th December 2011, 15:33
(personally I don't class them as European)

:icon_lol:Me neither, but as 10% of their land is in Europe they get round it.

How do Israel and some of the former Soviet central Asian states qualify as European for UEFA competitions:Cuckoo:

Dedworth
6th December 2011, 15:42
:icon_lol:Me neither, but as 10% of their land is in Europe they get round it.

How do Israel and some of the former Soviet central Asian states qualify as European for UEFA competitions:Cuckoo:

I forgot that - and of course the must see Eurovision Song Contest has strange borders :D

Englishman2010
6th December 2011, 15:46
I forgot that - and of course the must see Eurovision Song Contest has strange borders :D

:icon_lol: Celine Dion and Katrina and the Waves must be the most famous (non)European entrants

grahamw48
6th December 2011, 15:56
I agree.....load of bollox.

They're mid-eastern Arabs, with all that comes with it. :rolleyes:

andy222
6th December 2011, 17:20
Yes looks good. More competition. They dont go to manila though.:yikes:

Englishman2010
6th December 2011, 17:37
Yes looks good. More competition. They dont go to manila though.:yikes:

Neither do most of the others;) Still lots of cheap ways to get to Manila from Brum if you don't mind being adventurous with your stop overs or transfers. I find going straight to Manila a bit boring, I'd much rather spend a couple of days in another new city and broadening my experiences in life:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
6th December 2011, 17:45
Thats the problem Englishman I havnt got time to go sight seeing I just want the quickest flight and the best times. Looks like klm from brum every time.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
6th December 2011, 17:54
Thats the problem Englishman I havnt got time to go sight seeing I just want the quickest flight and the best times. Looks like klm from brum every time.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Be adventurous Andy, get your good lady a flight out of the Phils to meet you. She feels special because you've taken her on holiday out of the country:xxgrinning--00xx3: and the best thing is you aren't in the Phil's so you don't have to worry about relatives and siblings scrounging off you every 5 minutes and expecting you to take them to all the places they can't afford to go to:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
I've got no plans whatsoever to go to the Phil's on my next 2 trips east

andy222
6th December 2011, 18:16
Lucky you Englishman. I would love to do that but I have to get my priorities right and get her here first. I have no scrounging relatives mate. Step by step.

grahamw48
6th December 2011, 19:42
Not that holy grail of Filipinas....an ORPHAN ? :cwm24:

:laugher:

Englishman2010
6th December 2011, 20:53
Not that holy grail of Filipinas....an ORPHAN ? :cwm24:

:laugher:

:laugher::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
6th December 2011, 23:27
I took Turkish airlines a few times from 1997/1999
Yes I know it's a long long time ago. I'm sure they must have improved since then.
Well I would hope so. Unless they've made massive strides in all aspects, I don't care what their prices are I wouldn't go with them again by choice.

It's funny how a few bad experiences will colour your thinking for so long.

Maybe someone out there can provide some positives. I'm always open minded .

philuk
7th December 2011, 07:24
We always go with Emirates from birmingham, they cater for our little one much better than KLM, give them a bag full of stuff to do, (hand puppet, crayons books stuffed cow to dress of all things, and games to play) and she gets one from each flight brum to dub and then dub to man, so she gives one to her cousin when we get there,

andy222
7th December 2011, 08:48
Yes mate flew with emirates last time but the midnight departure from manila dont suit me. I do agree they look after you better than klm.

Englishman2010
7th December 2011, 10:11
We always go with Emirates from birmingham, they cater for our little one much better than KLM, give them a bag full of stuff to do, (hand puppet, crayons books stuffed cow to dress of all things, and games to play) and she gets one from each flight brum to dub and then dub to man, so she gives one to her cousin when we get there,

I would always fly with Emirates if I could afford to. Although I've not flown economy with every airline, I've flown with most, and in my opinion Emirates are by far the best:xxgrinning--00xx3:. The only downside is the detour via Dubai and longer transfers than Euro airlines. If KLM were £50 cheaper, I'd still go with Emirates as the seats are comfier, have more legroom, the food is better, the entertainment system is better, seats have USB and AC power sockets for charging phones and laptops...etc, the staff are nicer - overall it is a much nicer experience with Emirates:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Emirates upgraded me to business class on my last flight to HK - that is a very nice experience:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
7th December 2011, 10:34

Yep....that's exactly what they gave my (then 23 year-old) ex when I brought her back to the UK first time. :laugher: