PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I suppose you could tell that am new here

gracia143
2nd June 2007, 17:12
Oh, sorry...I should have introduced myself days ago but was hooked on reading the posts and trying to get a grip on the insights and topics that were being posted here. By the way, my name is Gracy, a Filipina madly in love with a British/Irish guy. I have come across this site when trying to gather info for my upcoming visa application. I feel quite nervous but I think I will be ok as I have thoroughly read the guidelines and the advises that the guys were giving here. I know you all know how it feels as most of you have been through this too. I feel very anxious at times and my only way of beating up the stress is go to the public pool and have a swim. Anyway, I will keep you guys posted on my application. Please wish me luck!!!

Gracy

KeithD
2nd June 2007, 17:39
British-Irish......Heretic :icon_lol:

...is that like a Manc Scouser? :cwm24:

gracia143
2nd June 2007, 17:51
Hi again! Nice welcome admin. Just don't really know what exact description of him i should use as I know that his Mom is Irish and Dad is Brit(whatever). But I am fully aware of your good sense of humor so I will not take it as an insult but a warm welcome from you. Hehe! You guys have done a good job here btw so keep it up! He is from London and not from Manchester...

KeithD
2nd June 2007, 18:37
Southerner :yikes: ......man the barricades......lock up your daughters.......:cwm24:

andypaul
2nd June 2007, 20:58
Dont worry mr admin is just jealous of us soft, snobby southerners.
I hope this website helps you both to be together in the wonderful city of london soon.

tiger@tigress
2nd June 2007, 21:25
:Hellooo: Welcome to the forum Gracy dont worry everything will be ok just follow all the tip u can get from this site :Hellooo:

silver13
2nd June 2007, 22:53
Hi Gracy

No need to be nervous Gracy we are all friendly in here :)

I wish you well, My Fiancee is currently back in the Philippines making a Fiancee Visa Application now, hopefully she will be back in the next few months, we plan to get married on 15th November 2007 :)

Oh does your English Irish man look anything like this, I think I have seen him when drinking too much GUI**** :) :irish: :icon_lol:

Anyway, Good Luck For The Future

Ingat Ka Palagi

Paul (silvers Bahaghari)

gracia143
3rd June 2007, 05:29
Thanks so much guys! You all seem very nice and friendly, like I said I have been reading the discussions you've made here about visa stuffs and I really appreciate the support you have given to the members. And just to let you know, I've been in London last year and stayed with him for more than 5 months to see how it works for both of us which is I think was a very good idea. It helped us both in every way...and yes he drinks guinness (not sure about the spelling) occassionally and i have drunked vodka and baileys there too. I was there to support England during the World Cup and have been to Wimbledon too although we did not make it to Scotland like we planned and reland too. I really look forward to coming back and get married there this year. Thanks so much for all the well wishes, I really like this forum.

gracia143
3rd June 2007, 05:30
Forgive the typo i meant *Ireland

silver13
3rd June 2007, 12:58
I've been in London last year and stayed with him for more than 5 months to see how it works for both of us which is I think was a very good idea. It helped us both in every way...and yes he drinks guinness (not sure about the spelling) although we did not make it to Scotland like we planned and ireland too. I really look forward to coming back and get married there this year.

Hi Gracy

It is a good idea to stay together like you did, it will help with the Fiancee Visa Application and also personally to check that the cultural differences and being away from home, family and friends is something you can cope with, a marriage if for life after all and not just for christmas!! Me and Anilyn did the same thing recently with Anilyn staying on a Visitor Visa, we tried to change this to a Fiancee Visa without her having to go home but this is not possible :-( So Anilyn must travel and be away, well at least she gets to see her family and friends again :-)

Oh dear you missed out on Scotland this time, Ah well you can see that beautiful place another time :-) Me and Anilyn have managed to see up as far as Loch Lomond and Edinburgh, next time we will travel as far as Loch Ness, maybe we will see the Loch Ness Monster (Nessie) :-)

Ahh he does drink Guiness :-) Good Man, So do I sometimes it is masarap :-)

I wish You and your future Husband well for the future, I am sure Anilyn would also :-) Good luck again with the application and Ingat Ka Palagi

Paul

gracia143
3rd June 2007, 18:19
Hi Paul!
Thanks again! I think we just ran out of time to do all those stuffs, I know there is so much to see in the UK...though we haven't been to all those beautiful places I still did enjoyed being with him there doing all the stuffs in a day to day basis, you were right about saying that it definitely was a good idea for me to come and see if it works for both of us just like what you and your Annilyn did (by the way, where is she from?). My Trevor has been to the Philippines too, once in 2005 and came over in December 2006 to spend the holidays with me. I hope I can lodge the application soon, we are still gathering all the documents. I am really glad there are people out there who could be of help just like you and the rest of the guys. Many, many thanks...Cheers and good luck to you and Annilyn!
Gracy

silver13
4th June 2007, 23:56
Hi again Gracy

There is plenty of time to see all the sights England has to offer :-) The only problem here is the cold as Anilyn would say :-) Anyway as you say just day to day living with the one you love is all we ever really need :-) Give me a large Mansion without Love and I would walk away, give me a mud hut filled with Love and I would stay :-)

Lets not forget the beautiful sights of the Philippines too :-) For all us lucky men in here we have the Marikit Women of the Philippines and the chance to make the Philippines our second home :-) Mmmmm a romantic day for two in Palawan with My Anilyn or the breathtaking views of the rice terraces :-) I love the simplicity of life in some parts of the Philippines and the hectic life of Manila. I have yet to experience a The abundant sunshine or a Philippine Thunderstorm and Really Heavy rain, such extremes the Philippines has to offer I visited when it was neither wet nor sunny

Hope all goes well and you have a great future together

Ingat

Paul

silver13
5th June 2007, 00:08
Hi Paul!

(by the way, where is she from?).

Gracy

Sorry Gracy I forgot to say, Anilyn is from Pangasinan, but was working / living in Manila, I have visited Manila, Pangasinan and Baguio

Ingat

Paul

gracia143
5th June 2007, 05:23
Very pleased to know she is in Manila as I am residing in Manila too, I am originally from Mindanao but have been here since 2004. I hope I can get the chance to know her, maybe see her in person here one day before she goes back to the UK? Pls tell me if she is interested and I will try to make contact with her. That is, if you don't mind Paul. Again, million thanks.
Gracy

joebloggs
5th June 2007, 10:46
my wife is from Surigao del Sur :xxgrinning--00xx3: , but lived in san pedro, laguna for about the last 10 years until she came to the UK 2 years ago..

so many Mindanao gals are on here :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gracia143
5th June 2007, 16:08
Surigao is the one place I have never been to in Mindanao (what a shame). Maybe one day I will visit the place with my fiance(husband by then). It is I think the Surfing Capital of the Philippines. Siargao too is a lovely place to go and see. I am from South Cotabato where Dole Philippines is located...sadly, it isn't so safe for foriegners to visit my hometown and it makes me sad reading the travel advisories on the net. But anyway, I love Mindanao and am proud I grew up there.

silver13
5th June 2007, 21:35
Very pleased to know she is in Manila as I am residing in Manila too, I am originally from Mindanao but have been here since 2004. I hope I can get the chance to know her, maybe see her in person here one day before she goes back to the UK? Pls tell me if she is interested and I will try to make contact with her. That is, if you don't mind Paul. Again, million thanks.
Gracy

Hi Gracy, I don't mind you talking to Anilyn :-) But sadly because even though I am inclined to trust you, I would still not advise Anilyn to meet you in the Philippines, unless it is with a big shaparone like myself. In this sometimes dangerous world it is best to check out the people you meet a little before meeting them, I hope you understand, I mean be careful Gracy who you meet face to face on the Internet, maybe they will not be as nice as your future husband, he will know why I am saying this. Oh dear some in here may think I am paranoid :-) But really it is just like meeting someone face to face for the first time, maybe it is not wise to get in a car with them?

Saying this I think it would be a good idea for My Anilyn to have Filipino Friends over here so that she has someone to talk to face to face that understand her culture and of course Tagalog or Iloco :-)

I will private message You and leave details of my contact e-mail and pass this onto Anilyn for You, I have already spoken to her about you today on the phone in my lunch hour.

Anilyn is currently in Pangasinan and will probably stay there for a while till she needs to return to Manila for the Visa Application Results / Interview

It would be interesting to meet You and Your Husband when you are living back here in England, that way myself and your future husband will feel safe and happy knowing that our future wives will be safe visiting someone we do not know very well at the moment

I hope you understand

Ok I will send some details and a link to our web site containing some pictures etc

We are living in Birmingham when Anilyn returns, so not far from London really, Anilyn has a cousin living in London at the moment.

Speak to you soon in e-mail

Ingat

Paul

silver13
5th June 2007, 21:44
Hi Gracy

You will have to send your contact e-mail to me via Private message on this site, as your seems to be disabled or not available, maybe it is because you are new? I will look if other newbies have the same settings

To private message right click Silver13 name and choose send a private message, Both Myself and Anilyn can see this, when she gets near a computer again :-)

Ok Keep in touch

Paul & Anilyn

KeithD
5th June 2007, 21:46
Newbies are limited till 15 posts

silver13
5th June 2007, 21:46
To private message right click Silver13 name and choose send a private message

Paul & Anilyn

Sorry should be left click mouse on name :-)

silver13
5th June 2007, 21:50
Newbies are limited till 15 posts

Thanks Keith :-)

Ok Time to go to the pub, while cats away, paul does play, I need a pint :-)

This is thirsty work :-)

Gracy You need to make more posts, then you and Anilyn can talk :-)

Paul

gracia143
6th June 2007, 02:46
Hi again everyone...and to you Paul. I understand your paranoia about your fiancee meeting strangers like me. Maybe it was silly of me to have asked, that was just my over excitement but don't worry it's alright. You ought not to trust a gal from South Cotabato hehe "I am armed and dangerous". LOL kidding...seriously, it is better not to. But maybe one day, who knows? We'd be able to meet up. You, Annilyn,Trevor and Me. That would be lovely. I remember when I was in London, I travelled to Ipswisch in Suffolk County just to see my Filipino friends working there as Nurses(old mates from high school) a bunch of them there. I really enjoyed seeing them there and being able to talk using my Mother Tongue again. Ok, so much about this. Anyways, i'll try to figure out how to private message you.

And Kieth, you're an Angel! Thanks for going through all the pains just to put up this website. Two thumbs up for that!

mach
9th June 2007, 08:04
maBuhaY & weLcome :Hellooo:

Louella
10th June 2007, 23:00
I am from South Cotabato where Dole Philippines is located...sadly, it isn't so safe for foriegners to visit my hometown and it makes me sad reading the travel advisories on the net. But anyway, I love Mindanao and am proud I grew up there.

Welcome on this site! I come from Mindanao too, Cagayan de Oro to be exact! I worked in Del Monte, Philippines before i came here. In the cannery, DOLE used to supply us w/ their bananas & secretly eat some of it. Well, i miss everything there!

Louella

gracia143
11th June 2007, 00:40
Welcome on this site! I come from Mindanao too, Cagayan de Oro to be exact! I worked in Del Monte, Philippines before i came here. In the cannery, DOLE used to supply us w/ their bananas & secretly eat some of it. Well, i miss everything there!

Louella
Hi Louella! Nice meeting you...bisaya sad ka? Pareha diay ang nature sa atong work. I patronize Del Monte products and Dole used to buy your mixed fruits by tons, sigehan sad namog kaon ang mga grapes nga perteng dagkoa. Ay ang mga saging daghan man kaayo sa amoa maong murag dili na mi mangaon ana. Salamat kaayo sa warm welcome ha, hope to be able to one day meet you and your husband.