PDA

View Full Version : School orders11-year-olds to write letter to PM about pensions

Dedworth
2nd December 2011, 23:32
A school has been criticised for telling pupils to write letters to David Cameron - asking him not to cut teachers’ pensions.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2069248/Row-school-tells-high-flying-11-year-olds-write-letter-PM-pensions-process.html#ixzz1fQ3By1qL

What an absolute disgrace - the Head and teachers responsible should be fired - that would give them plenty of time to think about their fat, gold plated pensions

grahamw48
2nd December 2011, 23:40
What the hell has this country come to ?

Are there ANY 'professionals' who are worthy of respect these days ? :NoNo:

No wonder kids are leaving school with spurious qualifications, an inability to spell, speak coherently, write in a grammatically correct manner or do simple mental arithmetic.
Add to that their complete lack of respect for adults or those in positions of authority. :rolleyes:

gWaPito
3rd December 2011, 00:01
What the hell has this country come to ?

Are there ANY 'professionals' who are worthy of respect these days ? :NoNo:

No wonder kids are leaving school with spurious qualifications, an inability to spell, speak coherently, write in a grammatically correct manner or do simple mental arithmetic.
Add to that their complete lack of respect for adults or those in positions of authority. :rolleyes:

The type of school you just described sounds like the one I went to :icon_lol: with the exception of me leaving school with no qualifications.:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Apparently I wasn't worthy of being an office boy funded by the tax payer, earning peanuts with a gilt edge pension as reward for a lifetime of penny pinching

grahamw48
3rd December 2011, 00:06
I have no excuse to offer other than I was an idle :censored:

They were excellent schools with high quality staff...with far fewer 'teaching aids' compared with their modern counterparts. :)

joebloggs
3rd December 2011, 08:16
Parents were horrified to learn the Year Six pupils had been ordered to write to the Prime Minister arguing he should not reduce public sector pensions.

The children – aged 10 and 11 - were left bewildered by the task, with some even having to ask teachers what a pension was before starting their letter.

What an absolute disgrace - the Head and teachers responsible should be fired - that would give them plenty of time to think about their fat, gold plated pensions

:icon_lol: only dailymail readers would be :rolleyes:

absolute disgrace :icon_lol: at least the kids know what a pension is now, as they will probably never get a state one when they have to retired at 75 :cwm24:

andy222
3rd December 2011, 10:17
Personally I dont see what the problem is. The kids are learning to write a letter and it is a real subject.

grahamw48
3rd December 2011, 10:35
So teach them some skills that will prepare them for life ahead in this country.

How about a letter to their local jobcentre explaining why they need a 'crisis loan' to avoid having their gas and electric disconnected ? :)

andy222
3rd December 2011, 10:42
Very good Graham. :laugher:

Dedworth
3rd December 2011, 17:22
Personally I dont see what the problem is. The kids are learning to write a letter and it is a real subject.

A Mail reader suggested the kids should be writing to Gordon Brown as he looted pensions :laugher:

gWaPito
3rd December 2011, 17:56
:icon_lol: only dailymail readers would be :rolleyes:

absolute disgrace :icon_lol: at least the kids know what a pension is now, as they will probably never get a state one when they have to retired at 75 :cwm24:
We'll be ok Joe :xxgrinning--00xx3: I'll be soaking up the sun with ours:D

Nothing wrong with a bit of destitution...its character building...it'll set them up for all the downs in the future :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
3rd December 2011, 21:15
....Nothing wrong with a bit of destitution...its character building...

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
From experience I gotta agree, but only when your 'young'. Not when your already a pensioner :NoNo:

gWaPito
3rd December 2011, 22:30
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
From experience I gotta agree, but only when your 'young'. Not when your already a pensioner :NoNo:

I agree ou:xxgrinning--00xx3: Nothing like having boundless energy coupled with endless hope and optimism...:)

grahamw48
3rd December 2011, 22:32
Good thing....that's all I HAVE bloody got. :rolleyes:

gWaPito
3rd December 2011, 22:38
Good thing....that's all I HAVE bloody got. :rolleyes:

I'd rather have that than just money alone...there's a saying ' He was so poor, all he had was money' :)

grahamw48
3rd December 2011, 23:07
Aye, your health is the main thing I suppose, and touch wood, that's been very good so far. :)