PDA

View Full Version : North-South CHASM

Admin
16th July 2005, 09:21
I was going down to London today for the Philippine Festival tomorrow....it took me 6 hrs from N Wales to Leicester, and from that point on it was a minimum of 5 hrs to Dartford, not including the 1+ hour I would have to stop to update the site.

The traffic was wall to wall, moving around 5 mph on both the M6 & M1 past Birmingham.

I use GPS and traffic alerts to check routes, and their was no way through to London. The best route only had 6 accidents/jams on it!!!

Those bloody Southerners have put up plenty of barricades to stop us Northerners from getting in. I'd had enough and came back home.

When I went 3 weeks ago I was peeved with it taking 7hrs, but today would have taken 10-12 hrs.

Strange that it only took me 2.5hrs to get back!

walesrob
16th July 2005, 09:36
Originally posted by admin@Jul 16 2005, 08:21 AM
I was going down to London today for the Philippine Festival tomorrow....it took me 6 hrs from N Wales to Leicester, and from that point on it was a minimum of 5 hrs to Dartford, not including the 1+ hour I would have to stop to update the site.

The traffic was wall to wall, moving around 5 mph on both the M6 & M1 past Birmingham.

I use GPS and traffic alerts to check routes, and their was no way through to London. The best route only had 6 accidents/jams on it!!!

Those bloody Southerners have put up plenty of barricades to stop us Northerners from getting in. I'd had enough and came back home.

When I went 3 weeks ago I was peeved with it taking 7hrs, but today would have taken 10-12 hrs.

Strange that it only took me 2.5hrs to get back!

Quoted post

Everytime I have to travel to either Heathrow or Gatwick, I make an allowance of at least 7 hours by car in case of delays. I've been lucky so far - maybe cause I always go for either early morning or late night flights.
Next trip to Hong Kong and Philippines will be via the Cardiff-Amsterdam route - its just a bit more expensive, but I get free car parking at my Aunties house just 3 miles from Cardiff Airport. Not sure about flying KLM Cardiff to Amersterdam on a "Fokker 70" - whats one of them? Do they have wings/engines? :lol:

Admin
16th July 2005, 17:27
Fokker 70" - whats one of them? Do they have wings/engines?

No, paddles :D

No a bad little aircraft actually, only for short trips though http://www.littoral-airlines.com/Fokker-70_LAL.JPG

I'm pricing up a chartered helicopter flight in case I need to go again. If they can do it for £500 from the front of my house , that's good enough for me :)

walesrob
16th July 2005, 20:16
Originally posted by admin@Jul 16 2005, 04:27 PM
No, paddles :D

No a bad little aircraft actually, only for short trips though http://www.littoral-airlines.com/Fokker-70_LAL.JPG

Quoted post

Ok so it has Rolls Royce engines, so it must be safe... :blink:

Admin
17th July 2005, 09:23
If you look closely you can see the chauffeur in them :)

ginapeterb
25th July 2005, 00:07
Originally posted by admin@Jul 17 2005, 08:23 AM
If you look closely you can see the chauffeur in them :)

Quoted post

Hey Rob, hehehe, try the Dash 7 on Asian Spirit, I like the twin turbo prop...nice little runners, I might send you a video over Rob, to your e mail...tell me if your box is big enough to take a small video..heheheeh

walesrob
25th July 2005, 06:47
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Jul 24 2005, 11:07 PM
Hey Rob, hehehe, try the Dash 7 on Asian Spirit, I like the twin turbo prop...nice little runners, I might send you a video over Rob, to your e mail...tell me if your box is big enough to take a small video..heheheeh

Quoted post

Dash 7? Blimey!! Is it quick? har har

Yeah send me that vid to my Gmail..

ginapeterb
25th July 2005, 20:08
Originally posted by walesrob@Jul 25 2005, 05:47 AM
Dash 7? Blimey!! Is it quick? har har

Yeah send me that vid to my Gmail..

Quoted post

sige sige Rob, but I wont send you over the sexy ones, ok, I have one or two, vids for you Rob, you had better not dig yours out of you and those Sheep Boyo, best leave them alone, Elsa is with you now she doesnt need to see what you go tup to, in the valleys !!! does she. heheheheehe