PDA

View Full Version : Free Local & International SMS JaxtrSMS

Dedworth
28th November 2011, 13:23
This looks pretty good - works on my Blackberry also available for Android & iPhone

http://www.jaxtrsms.com/home.html

I'm not sure how many characters it lets you send but should be useful for sending messages to the Philippines

Englishman2010
28th November 2011, 13:32
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I'll have a better look at it tonight

DeltaRomeo
29th November 2011, 23:45
If you use Android, there is always the facebook messenger app. You can set it to always on, it doesn't drain the battery and the messages are instant.. Oh and best of all.. It's free!

DeltaRomeo
30th November 2011, 03:13
If you use an Android phone... Facebook messenger is a great app. You can set it to always on, it doesn't drain the battery and messages are instant.. just like normal text messages... and It is free!. There is also Yahoo Messenger.. a bit heavier on battery drain, but does the same job with more functions, such as video calling, file sending etc

Dedworth
2nd December 2011, 18:42
If you use an Android phone... Facebook messenger is a great app. You can set it to always on, it doesn't drain the battery and messages are instant.. just like normal text messages... and It is free!. There is also Yahoo Messenger.. a bit heavier on battery drain, but does the same job with more functions, such as video calling, file sending etc

Thanks for the response DeltaRomeo - Surely with your suggestion you can only send messages to people on Facebook (which I'm not) and subscribers to Yahoo Messenger (again on my avoid list). With this app you can SMS any mobile, anywhere in the world

Dedworth
9th December 2011, 21:16
Anyone given this a go ? I've sent 10 or 12 texts overseas, works fine

rusty
9th December 2011, 21:37
My wife used it the other day and it seems to be working ok, thanks for the link. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
9th December 2011, 21:44
Cheers Rusty :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
30th January 2012, 23:47
Don't bother with the outfit I suggested (Jaxtr) they've started charging for every country except USA & India. Now uninstalled from my phone

joebloggs
31st January 2012, 00:24
Don't bother with the outfit I suggested (Jaxtr) they've started charging for every country except USA & India.

I'm sure it will be useful for many Indians in the UK who don't have much money Dedworth :D

Steve.r
31st January 2012, 00:35
Take a look at this thread I added to today. http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/35168-Skype-and-Viber?highlight=viber

It's about VIBER, works a treat, you can talk (voice over internet) send texts and photos instantly and all free. As long as you have a data package on your smart phone, be it iphone or android. My asawa has and iphone I have android and the clarity of the calls is amazing. Also worth a look guys. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
31st January 2012, 00:40
Thanks Steve I'll have a look. What was useful about this Jaxtr thing when it was working was the person at the other end didn't need to have it on their phone