PDA

View Full Version : Ariara island, Palawan has been named one of the world’s top private island retreat

Maria B
24th November 2011, 10:52
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/11/24/11/palawan-isle-named-stylish-private-retreat-uk-newspaper

http://www.audleytravel.com/Destinations/Southeast-Asia/The-Philippines/Places-to-Go/Ariara-Island.aspx

for more photos.

Terpe
24th November 2011, 11:34
Wish I was there :xxgrinning--00xx3:

The Sunday Times article also said, "The private island was bought and developed by British couple Charles and Carrie McCulloch, and is now available for travellers who seek the 'sun, sea and sand experience' with privacy and luxury"

Maria B
24th November 2011, 13:05
Me too...
I haven't explored that part of Palawan. Only at Puerto Princese, El Nido, Underground River & Coron Island...I've seen a lot of islands but I wondered which one is the Ariara Island as it is part of the Calamian Islands.

Yes it is now owned & developed by the British couples. Much as I love a lot of places in the Philippines, it's just Palawan is different. The smell, inexpensive & the most of all the cleaniest place in the Phils.

:)

Terpe
24th November 2011, 17:35
Me too...
I haven't explored that part of Palawan. Only at Puerto Princese, El Nido, Underground River & Coron Island...I've seen a lot of islands but I wondered which one is the Ariara Island as it is part of the Calamian Islands.

Yes it is now owned & developed by the British couples. Much as I love a lot of places in the Philippines, it's just Palawan is different. The smell, inexpensive & the most of all the cleaniest place in the Phils.

:)

We have both decided we will make it next trip.
The biggest problem when having family in Phils is actually finding time to visit those places you'd love to see.
Lucky us, we have family in Bohol. But not Palawan.

We do have a cunning plan though and so we will experience plenty of Palawan. For sure.

Jamesey
24th November 2011, 21:12
I saw this in the paper last weekend. Looks great, but it's a bit out of my price range!