PDA

View Full Version : illegal working facing clampdown

joebloggs
30th May 2007, 13:42
from IND

'Rogue employers to face illegal working crackdown
15 May 2007

The Home Office drive against illegal working moved forward today as talks began with industry on the implementation of tough new legislation designed to crackdown on bogus employees.

The new rules will see rogue employers face a prison sentence and/or an unlimited fine if found knowingly employing illegal workers. Civil penalties will also be levied on companies which have been negligent in carrying out checks on workers. The level at which these fines will be set and how they will be imposed is now the subject of a consultation, published today.

The new measures, which will take effect early next year, are part of the Home Office’s Illegal Working Action Plan, launched today, co-ordinated through the new Border and Immigration Agency (BIA). It follows measures designed to toughen border controls, double enforcement resources and joint work with police and benefits agencies to tackle illegal immigration and its consequences.'

:xxgrinning--00xx3: send the employers to prison, those who employ illegeal workers, and exploit them should goto prison, but how many will ever be behind bars, :NoNo: , same as if your claiming unemployment benefit and are working :D .

aromulus
30th May 2007, 15:16
I would not be surprised if if the "rogue" employers were labour voters.... Or party coffers donors...
So everything could get swept under the carpet, just as many other things in the past...
A bit of whitewash here... a bit there...
Never seen a shower of :censored: like that in all my life...

joebloggs
30th May 2007, 15:49
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

i was moannig, we've had all this :censored: about benefit cheats for years, how can you live on £50 a week :icon_lol: , and if you find a part time job, they take what ever you earn off your benefits, if you work part time you should be able to keep it all, til you can find a full time job. for years the guy on the streets has been threated by the gov, and its equally the employers fault for employing someone on benefits and paying them cash, and without paying nat contribs or tax..

good the employer can get in :censored: for it to, pitty they dont extend it from employing illegal workers to those who employ people on benefits to :xxgrinning--00xx3: ..

aromulus
30th May 2007, 16:04
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

good the employer can get in :censored: for it to, pitty they dont extend it from employing illegal workers to those who employ people on benefits to :xxgrinning--00xx3: ..

Who you trying to kid...???:NoNo:

joebloggs
30th May 2007, 17:19
my old boss, is at Her Majesty's Pleasure now, he got 2 1/2 yrs for fraud, and hes got a much bigger trial next year, :cwm24: ... i forced to goto crown court and give evidence :NoNo: .. someone had faked my signature on some training documents :cwm24: ....

aromulus
30th May 2007, 17:54
my old boss, is at Her Majesty's Pleasure now, he got 2 1/2 yrs for fraud, and hes got a much bigger trial next year, :cwm24: ... i forced to goto crown court and give evidence :NoNo: .. someone had faked my signature on some training documents :cwm24: ....

If he had "donanted" a few hundred quid to Labour, he'd be ok now, and with a Lordship in the bag.......:icon_lol:

I agree, if you break the law, you deserve to be punished. Ignorance is not an excuse or an extenuating circumstance.

But nowadays, unfortunately, you get into trouble even if you are an innocent bystander. :cwm23:

baboyako
30th May 2007, 19:29
I dare say most of the illegal immigrants work in the civil service anyway.. :xxmixed-smiley-017:

joebloggs
31st May 2007, 01:36
I dare say most of the illegal immigrants work in the civil service anyway.. :xxmixed-smiley-017:

well as blair is their boss, maybe hes getting ready to spend a bit of time at Her Majesty's Pleasure :D

iam sure if company bosses face fail, then why dont gov departments bosses also fail jail :D