PDA

View Full Version : If you cant right click on an image to save it

les_taxi
13th November 2011, 04:46
I sometimes need good quality images for my dvds and some sites disable the right mouse button so you can't save the image.
I used to have a piece of script to get round this but that stopped working:angry:
Now I found by accident on firefox an add on which lets you right click and save most images previously disabled very handy:xxgrinning--00xx3:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/righttoclick/

mickcant
13th November 2011, 10:48
I use "print screen" to get round them:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick.

grahamw48
13th November 2011, 11:22
Thanks Les. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

My brother sent me some incredibly funny images the other day, but they're in powerpoint slideshow format so I can't right-click and save individual ones. :cwm3:

Any ideas ?

les_taxi
13th November 2011, 11:25
I use "print screen" to get round them:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick.
The only trouble with that Mick is you wont get the quality,often the image is just small in size or a thumbnail.
The original image is what I need so I have to get to the site where the original is stored not the thumbnail and so they disable right click to stop you doing that.
Now they can't so you get the full image or picture this way:)

grahamw48
13th November 2011, 11:32
How do you hide them from your other half ? :D

les_taxi
13th November 2011, 11:34
Found this Graham file:///C:/Users/Les/Desktop/extract-pictures-from-powerpoint-photo.html
To hide things from your lady just create a folder called 'SPORT' that should keep them away:icon_lol:

Dedworth
13th November 2011, 13:48
Very handy - thanks Les

imagine
13th November 2011, 19:22
i use sniping tool quite often rather than downloading or copying the original,quality looks ok to me ,

les_taxi
14th November 2011, 00:58
i use sniping tool quite often rather than downloading or copying the original,quality looks ok to me ,

I did not explain why i need it enough.
When i want to download say a dvd cover the image I find will prob just bee a thumbnail maybe 300kb,I use right click to get file location,I then alter the last part of the script where it says thumbnail to 'original' I can then download the full 3mb version of the image and print it to disc-perfect quality.
To stop you doing this the right click was disabled now I can get to it again and get my quality cover:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
14th November 2011, 01:04
I did not explain why i need it enough.
When i want to download say a dvd cover the image I find will prob just bee a thumbnail maybe 300kb,I use right click to get file location,I then alter the last part of the script where it says thumbnail to 'original' I can then download the full 3mb version of the image and print it to disc-perfect quality.
To stop you doing this the right click was disabled now I can get to it again and get my quality cover:xxgrinning--00xx3:

ah ok thats good less :xxgrinning--00xx3: i have never had a problem with the right clic on firefox even after firfox updates it still has been there to use, also you can get the url to copy from :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sorry i see its just some sites you refer to