PDA

View Full Version : Lighting up the Black Country

Win2Win
8th November 2011, 16:11
School Reporter Manisha on her day reporting for the BBC after the route of the Olympic Torch Relay was unveiled.

Content from... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/school_report/school_report_2012/9634335.stm)

grahamw48
8th November 2011, 16:43
Pretty muslim, erm catholic :Erm: girl.

I suppose the torch-carrying is a sop to the provincials to compensate us for the billions of taxpayers money once more being frittered away in the capital while to the rest of the country it may as well be taking place in Timbuktu. :rolleyes:

Dedworth
8th November 2011, 17:09
Pretty muslim, erm catholic :Erm: girl.

I suppose the torch-carrying is a sop to the provincials to compensate us for the billions of taxpayers money once more being frittered away in the capital while to the rest of the country it may as well be taking place in Timbuktu. :rolleyes:

I wish it was taking place in Timbuktu

andy222
8th November 2011, 19:56
Some of the black country needs torching and parts of birmingham.:laugher:

grahamw48
8th November 2011, 20:01
:yikes:

We have honourable members from that splendid industrial heritage centre. :ReadIt:

Englishman2010
8th November 2011, 21:35
Some of the black country needs torching and parts of birmingham.:laugher:

You should trip up the torch carrier when he/she runs past, maybe they'll drop the torch and set fire to Wolverhampton:icon_lol:

andy222
11th November 2011, 17:08
:yikes:

We have honourable members from that splendid industrial heritage centre. :ReadIt:

You dont need to tell me Graham.:doh

andy222
11th November 2011, 17:10
You should trip up the torch carrier when he/she runs past, maybe they'll drop the torch and set fire to Wolverhampton:icon_lol:

There are worse place than wolverhampton Englishman.

Englishman2010
11th November 2011, 17:31

There probably are, but I don't know where as I don't get up to the Black Country very often.

Although I was in Cannock yesterday, and used to have a very good friend who lived in Burntwood

grahamw48
11th November 2011, 18:01

I give you....MIDDLESBROUGH :icon_lol:

Yes, I had the honour of living there for a couple of years too. :cwm3:

andy222
11th November 2011, 19:12
Burntwood englishman? Thats posh. As for middlesbrough I dont know Graham but if its as bad as some parts of Birmingham it must be bad. I could take you to a area that you wouldnt dare wear a poppy.

grahamw48
11th November 2011, 19:51
Oh, there's plenty of those too. ;)

'and breathe'....