PDA

View Full Version : Difficult Situation :(

ana07cutiepie
8th November 2011, 08:46
Hallo Everyone,

First of all I would like to say thanks to everyone for all the help and suggestions that they gave to me because of it I was able to travel to Austria :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Now I am in a very difficult/confusing situation. Me and my bf we are planning to get married next year in Austria. He is currently working in Switzerland, we want to get married in Austria since all of his family are in there. But the problem is he doesn't want to live in Europe he wants to settle down in UK. By the way my bf is not a British citizen but he was in London for many years he was working there before as an IT.

Please can anyone help us.. We have no idea on what to do. :cwm3: please please please.... :icon_sorry::Help1:

RickyR
8th November 2011, 09:35
There most likely will be a form of visit visa that allows marriage (as there is in the UK), but your best bet would be to drop an e-mail to the Austrian Embassy in Makati and they'll be able to sort you out.

Terpe
8th November 2011, 10:53
Hallo Everyone,

First of all I would like to say thanks to everyone for all the help and suggestions that they gave to me because of it I was able to travel to Austria :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Now I am in a very difficult/confusing situation. Me and my bf we are planning to get married next year in Austria. He is currently working in Switzerland, we want to get married in Austria since all of his family are in there. But the problem is he doesn't want to live in Europe he wants to settle down in UK. By the way my bf is not a British citizen but he was in London for many years he was working there before as an IT.

Please can anyone help us.. We have no idea on what to do. :cwm3: please please please.... :icon_sorry::Help1:

Are you asking about how to go about getting immigration clearance to UK for you as spouse of an EU citizen via a family permit?

What is the nationality of your b/f?

ana07cutiepie
8th November 2011, 13:07
Are you asking about how to go about getting immigration clearance to UK for you as spouse of an EU citizen via a family permit?

What is the nationality of your b/f?

He is an Austrian.
Yeah my question is how can I go with him to UK as a spouse of and EU citizen??
Where can I get a family permit? How does it work Sir?? :( please please help us :cwm3:

Terpe
8th November 2011, 14:08
He is an Austrian.
Yeah my question is how can I go with him to UK as a spouse of and EU citizen??
Where can I get a family permit? How does it work Sir?? :( please please help us :cwm3:

Well, your not likely to be facing a difficult situation.

In principle there is no need for the EEA national to already be in the UK, to have an NI number, to have money, to have suitable accommodation, to have been married for more than a day or to have the spouse pass any English Language test, or in fact to make any application fee for an EEA family permit.

Take a look at the UKBA page for EEA Family Permit (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/eea-family-permit) for details of what it is and how to apply.

Look here also (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/guidance/ecg/eun/eun2/#header1) for some very good additional information on the EEA Family Permit.

And here is an important key part of that above link:-

EUN2.4 What are the requirements for issuing an EEA family permit?

In assessing an application, the ECO should be satisfied that:

1.the applicant is the family member of the EEA national (marriage certificate, birth certificate or other evidence of family link)
2.the EEA national is residing in the UK in accordance with the EEA Regulations (as qualified person if more than 3 months) and the non-EEA national is joining them; or
the EEA national intends to travel to the UK within 6 months and will have a right to reside under the Regulations on arrival, and the non-EEA national will be accompanying or joining the EEA national; and
3.if applying as a spouse or civil partner, there are no grounds to consider that the marriage or civil partnership is one of convenience (see Annex ….); and
4.if applying as dependent family members (dependent children 21 and over and dependent relatives) they are dependent on the EEA national or the EEA national’s spouse or civil partner; and
5.neither the applicant nor the EEA national should be excluded from the UK on the grounds of public policy, public security or public health.
It is important not to test overall intentions in assessing applications for an EEA family permit. Also, there is an initial right of residence for 3 months, which means that an EEA national does not have to be exercising a treaty right immediately on arrival in the UK.

So unless you have any special reasons why the above does not apply to you then it looks to be an exceptionally easy and stress free route.

Wish it was the same for British Citizens living in UK

Please do take time to read the above links and all the associated links.

RickyR
8th November 2011, 14:54
Sorry I misunderstood the question, Terpe has the answer