PDA

View Full Version : Traveling with infant

alan/maleiya
5th November 2011, 19:37
Just looking for some help about traveling with a 18 month old , will the airlines let the infant have own seat with out the need of a travel seat ,as it would just be my wife traveling with our son and she wouldn't manage to carry a travel seat with her in between flights ,I know I am getting a head of my self here trying to plane the flight when not even got the visa 100% yet .just trying to think about best way for my wife to travel here with our son without having him sitting on her lap all the way here . Cheers for any ideas or help

Moy
5th November 2011, 19:43
i travel to come here in the UK with 3 kids ages 6, 2 and 1 year old last year:D but of course with the husband:) my youngest age 1 year old that time was setting on my lap..while the two kids were have there own seat between us couple..:xxgrinning--00xx3:
we have use qantas airline from singapore to heathtrow and cebu pacific from-davao manila:D-singapore and without problem we arrive safely for 22 hours in the air:rolleyes::D hard work that was..though if i rem:doh:cwm24: as i do all kids stuff insdie the plane..while the husband:NEW5: aslept on board :angry::D

ConfusedMe
5th November 2011, 19:56
Hi Alan/Maleiya... Infants will not be given a seat but the cabin crews give infant seat belts so u can strap the baby with you on your lap... Flight attendant can help you out with heating the bottle as well and other more stuff and for some airlines, you can request for a foldable baby crib on board :) ...

RickyR
5th November 2011, 19:57
Hi, with regards the seating issue. The infant can sit on your lap and pay a price of roughly 10% of an adult ticket, or can have a seat of his own, but would pay full child fare ticket (which is often nearly the price of an adult ticket).
However, if you book using an agent and make sure she is in a bassinet seat, your son depending on how big he is would be able to sleep in the bassinet (a small cot which clips into the bulkhead).

If your going down the two seats option, try comparing business class fares. Might work out cheaper to have one business class seat and an infant ticket, and with most business seats they'd be more then enough room for both to sleep much more comfortably then two economy seats.

RickyR
5th November 2011, 20:07
Oh yes, and forgot to mention, make sure your wife buys a bottle of water or juice after security so that during take off and landing you son can drink it. It'll make it easier for the ears to equalise.

alan/maleiya
5th November 2011, 20:23
Oh yes, and forgot to mention, make sure your wife buys a bottle of water or juice after security so that during take off and landing you son can drink it. It'll make it easier for the ears to equalise.Just checked on klm site for the date I am hoping or round about the same time for my wife traveling from Manila to Glasgow is working out at just over £1800 , I am just trying to find best way for my wife to get here with our son with out me needing to travel to get them to save on the costs specially just before Xmas , so the business class way looks a lot better way if I can still get it at that price ,thanks Ricky

RickyR
5th November 2011, 20:39
If you do take the business class option with KLM, it's quite generous baggage allowances, and the seat will be more then comfortable for both of them to cuddle up and have a really good sleep. If its budgetable, I'd definately recommend it for them. It's all the little things that go with flying business that makes the journey a whole lot smoother for them.

My wife will be flying with the two kids over to Muscat next month, and it's in business class for the same reasons (if it was me and the kids, i'd go in economy, but it's a different story putting hte misses and kids through it).