PDA

View Full Version : UK Border Farce Head Suspended

Dedworth
5th November 2011, 06:49
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/8871537/Head-of-UK-Border-Force-suspended-after-passport-vetting-procedures-relaxed.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15601988

Vital border checks for criminals and terrorists were secretly abandoned over the summer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2057784/UK-border-chief-axed-passport-controls-Top-civil-servant-faces-sack-decision-left-Britain-open-terrorists-criminals.html#ixzz1cp3jueUz

The last paragraph above is encouraging
- this Brodie Clark character sounds a total incompetent

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/11/05/article-2057784-0EAC2CDB00000578-283_468x353.jpg

hawk
5th November 2011, 07:38
bet there all still on full pay :furious3:they should be jailed

Dedworth
5th November 2011, 07:54
bet there all still on full pay :furious3:they should be jailed

I fully agree - read the last bit above about the great survivor. Totally inept at all of his jobs yet a medal from Bottler Brown. Criminal trial, jail and stripped of all pension rights - that would send a message out to all the other politically correct, teflon coated, time serving public servants :angry:

grahamw48
5th November 2011, 15:36
What a :censored:

Same age as me but looks MUCH older.

Serves him right. :D

Terpe
5th November 2011, 15:53
The original appointment of Brodie Clark was always controversial with strong critisism from other related govt agencies.

Dedworth
6th November 2011, 16:42
More about the inept waster Clark here :cwm23:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2058107/Border-chief-passport-fiasco-handed-15-000-bonus--135-000-salary-1-4million-pension-pot.html

johncar54
6th November 2011, 17:13
OK guys, but if the government keep taking away resources what is the boss to do?

The same thing is going to happen in many places (police, prisons, etc included) with the cuts, but do we think the people at the top of each department should get the chop ?

Bit like complaining when your wife gets back from the supermarket with insufficient food to feed the family, when you were the one who gave her too little money to buy what was needed. Would she be for the chop or you !

andy222
6th November 2011, 17:52
Point taken john but at the end of the day he had a job to do and he has failed. I know a lot of you will not like this but the B.N.P. said they was going to put the army on the borders and ports. Personally I do not think that would have been a bad idea. Not that I agree with all their policies.

johncar54
6th November 2011, 18:00
Andy before you could use the army, you have to train them, and that would cost a lot of money, and the army is being run down too.

'The buck stops here' That used to be at the top and that is Cameron.

Results have shown that the cuts were too deep, leaving insufficient to provide the quality of service required. As I said, and we will see more.

OK so money has to be saved as the country is broke, one has to decide where the cuts will be made and then stand by the consequences, not pass the buck.

andy222
6th November 2011, 18:29
I know the army is being run down John my daughter is in there. I agree the government is cutting back too much. But what can be done? The country has had it mate.

gWaPito
6th November 2011, 18:39
Border control at ports etc etc wouldn't be required if only the Goverments of the day had the balls to sort out the welfare state....this is after all why every man and his dog wants to live here.

The shopping trip is a very good analogy...full marks for that one...made me laugh.

Englishman2010
6th November 2011, 18:47
Too many senior public servants reach the top positions in their chosen profession through brown nosing, not ability.:rolleyes:

...and don't start me on the ones that join the funny hand shake gang:cwm23:

gWaPito
6th November 2011, 19:05
Too many senior public servants reach the top positions in their chosen profession through brown nosing, not ability.:rolleyes:

...and don't start me on the ones that join the funny hand shake gang:cwm23:

Well, if one intends living and prospering in The Philippines, im afraid one is going to have to join the 'funny hand shake gang' :D

Englishman2010
6th November 2011, 19:13
Well, if one intends living and prospering in The Philippines, im afraid one is going to have to join the 'funny hand shake gang' :D

Not for me Gwap:NoNo: No plans to work or go into business there, and as for living there, an extended holiday for several months each winter will do me when I retire. My home will always be here where my kids and future grandchildren are:)

grahamw48
6th November 2011, 20:35
If they could seek out the 'enemy within' during WW2 they could do it now

Any found on trucks can go back across the channel.
The people at the other side let them through, so they can have them back.

Anyone found here without genuine British documents or valid visa...lock em up IMMEDIATELY.

- Then back to where they came from and send that country the bill...or deduct it from the aid we're probably giving them.:rolleyes:

If they won't accept them, push them out with a parachute. :angry:

Let's have a clean-out once and for all and put a stop to this nonsense !

gWaPito
6th November 2011, 20:40
Not for me Gwap:NoNo: No plans to work or go into business there, and as for living there, an extended holiday for several months each winter will do me when I retire. My home will always be here where my kids and future grandchildren are:)

That's clear and precise Englishman, there's no chance your Filipino wife misunderstanding that statement in the years down the line. :):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
6th November 2011, 20:50
That's clear and precise Englishman, there's no chance your Filipino wife misunderstanding that statement in the years down the line. :):xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'll apologise for going off topic here:icon_sorry:

That's always been my aim Gwap and I've never said anything different to her. I don't believe in buidling her hopes up saying I might go and live there at any time in the next 20 years. As much as we all moan about Broken Britain, it's in much better shape than the Phils. Don't get me wrong, there are many things I like about the Phil's, but I stopped looking at it through rose tinted glasses a long time ago.

gWaPito
6th November 2011, 22:09
I'll apologise for going off topic here:icon_sorry:

That's always been my aim Gwap and I've never said anything different to her. I don't believe in buidling her hopes up saying I might go and live there at any time in the next 20 years. As much as we all moan about Broken Britain, it's in much better shape than the Phils. Don't get me wrong, there are many things I like about the Phil's, but I stopped looking at it through rose tinted glasses a long time ago.

I agree. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
6th November 2011, 22:13
OK guys, but if the government keep taking away resources what is the boss to do?

The same thing is going to happen in many places (police, prisons, etc included) with the cuts, but do we think the people at the top of each department should get the chop ?

Bit like complaining when your wife gets back from the supermarket with insufficient food to feed the family, when you were the one who gave her too little money to buy what was needed. Would she be for the chop or you !

The wretched Clark has a long track record of ineptitude and failure. If he felt that underfunding was impacting on his responsibility to protect the public he should have had the balls to resign, he might then have got some gardening leave and a pay off - as it is I hope he's charged, convicted and gets to see the other side of a HM Prison.

Terpe
6th November 2011, 22:34
The wretched Clark has a long track record of ineptitude and failure. If he felt that underfunding was impacting on his responsibility to protect the public he should have had the balls to resign, he might then have got some gardening leave and a pay off - as it is I hope he's charged, convicted and gets to see the other side of a HM Prison.

Yes John, :iagree:
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

johncar54
7th November 2011, 09:19
Anyone found here without genuine British documents or valid visa...lock em up IMMEDIATELY.

- Then back to where they came from and send that country the bill...or deduct it from the aid we're probably giving them.:rolleyes:
!

The problem often is that the illegals dispose of their ID and lie about their name and nationality, thus it is often extremely difficult, or even impossible to deport them as UK cannot prove where they 'belong.'

Lock them up? Cheaper to let them stay and work, contribute to Social Security and pay tax !!

johncar54
7th November 2011, 09:26
-........... If he felt that underfunding was impacting on his responsibility to protect the public he should have had the balls to resign, ...............

And how would that have solved the problem ? His successor would have been in the same under-funded position having to reduce services just the same.

It so easy to criticise isn’t it !

Dedworth
7th November 2011, 09:50
The problem often is that the illegals dispose of their ID and lie about their name and nationality, thus it is often extremely difficult, or even impossible to deport them as UK cannot prove where they 'belong.'

Lock them up? Cheaper to let them stay and work, contribute to Social Security and pay tax !!

What intrigues me is why say 25 years ago we never had this problem with hordes of illegals flocking over here and disposing of their ID's ?

Dedworth
7th November 2011, 10:03
And how would that have solved the problem ? His successor would have been in the same under-funded position having to reduce services just the same.

It would have got him out of a job he was unable to carry out, instead of that he chose to act irresponsibly and underhanded whilst carrying on his brown nosing and trough feeding.

A proper head of the Border Farce would be ripping up the Health & Safety and Ethnic Diversity Awareness rule books, slashing levels of unnecessary management, cancelling untold training courses, addressing to epidemic levels of staff "sickness" absenteeism and adopting other common sense approaches.

After this he/she would get on with the job in hand of protecting this country from illegals, criminals, health tourists, parasites and other germs.

It so easy to criticise isn’t it !

It obviously all looks a bit different to you from from sunnier climes

johncar54
7th November 2011, 10:07
I am astounded and left speechless by your comment !!!!!

andy222
7th November 2011, 10:36
I would like to know how John would solve the problem? Feel free to answer.

grahamw48
7th November 2011, 11:46

John, we KNOW what the problem is.

We KNOW that they conceal their IDs etc.

The weakness in the system is the lack of a DETERRENT !

If these people were locked up for an extended period with no chance of settlement here and with the minimum facilities required to sustain life.... little better than the mud hut they have recently left, then IDs would probably miraculously reappear.

Where there's a will there's a way.

I, along with the majority of the population of this country simply do not want these illegals here, bringing with them their tribal wars, their extremist views, their Shariah laws and other medieval practices, and above all because they have demonstrated their true character by attempting to sneak in 'under the radar' in the first place.

On a forum such as this, where one daily reads about the difficulties and heartaches members are suffering through simply following the CORRECT immigration rules and procedures, may I also say that I am amazed at your lack of tact and empathy.

johncar54
7th November 2011, 13:54
If these people were locked up for an extended period with no chance of settlement here and with the minimum facilities required to sustain life.... little better than the mud hut they have recently left, then IDs would probably miraculously reappear.

And cows might fly.

Dedworth
7th November 2011, 14:04

How about starting with a "risk assessment" and then just rolling over and letting the illegals trample all over us :D

johncar54
7th November 2011, 14:14

With 30 year experience of law enforcement in the UK, with the present EU laws I know there is no PRACTICAL answer.

It would take a dictatorship to bring about a workable solution, any other suggestions are pie in the sky !

tone
7th November 2011, 14:21
Its clear by folowing some rules that the powers that be dont seem to be able to tackle this. I know the Border Agency are actively denying people to visit England, my half brother applied for a visit visa to come here for my wedding - sponsored by my father.
UKBA denied him, so my Dad wrote a stinging email explaining a few things and they U-Turned it - he arrives this eveining.

On the subject of what to do - as taxpayers we are paying for all of this debacle - and the BA has to tighten not loosen, they are one dept IMHO that needs strengthening to stop the people coming here who have not gone through the proper process (and I know how hard that is at first hand now) and they should simply be put on a coach and sent back to Calais - or back to the origin and dumped, I know we have these human rights but lets face it they only seem to protect the assailant and not us the victims.

Ive been watching the UKBA program on TV - quite an eye opener - and these people who simply lose their passports are bailed and walk again, its terrible - our Foreign Office needs to discuss this with counterparts in the countries where most of these people come from so that we can simply send them back without a travel document...

Its very frustrating but what is exactly the issue - why cant these people just be sent back to port of origin??

Changing the subject did anyone see that Panorama about Britain on the Fiddle? - £22 Billion in fraud - its got to stop!

Tone

johncar54
7th November 2011, 15:05
Its very frustrating but what is exactly the issue - why cant these people just be sent back to port of origin??

Tone

As I said above, if they lie about who are and refuse to say where they come from, how do the authorities know where to send them and how do the UK make the country accept them ?

A dictator might just shoot them, that would stop the problem DEAD !!!!!!!

Opps sorry, I was dreaming !!!!!

Dedworth
7th November 2011, 16:29

Tone

As I said above, if they lie about who are and refuse to say where they come from, how do the authorities know where to send them and how do the UK make the country accept them ?

A dictator might just shoot them, that would stop the problem DEAD !!!!!!!

Opps sorry, I was dreaming !!!!!

Funny isn't it the way all the world's single male , under thirtyish oppressed waif's and strays make their way to the UK in preference to all other nations ?

It must be the destiny of the UK to provide sanctuary and shelter (plus healthcare, education sundry other benefits etc) to all those who don't fancy living in their own country.

Back in the good old 1980's when you left these shores the term "Economic Migrant" hadn't been invented and despite the world having communism and many cruel despots who are no longer with us you could count the number of "asylum seekers" on one hand.

andy222
8th November 2011, 20:02
We are in a dictatorship john. Did you have a say who came into the country?

Dedworth
8th November 2011, 21:48
The cretin Clark has now resigned and is lodging a claim for constructive dismissal. Time for a dawn visit to his abode by some grey men in ski masks .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15648367

johncar54
9th November 2011, 11:41
We are in a dictatorship john. Did you have a say who came into the country?

Yes I did, but like the vast majority of the electorate I did not take the trouble to speak to my MP and tell him/her what I wanted to happen.

With the vote on capital punishment, I did call him; I was one of just THREE of the 100,000 in Bromley who did. 'My MP' voted the way I wanted (he was going to anyway).

If the other 99,997 complained after the vent, they had only themselves to blame.

Don't complain here, complain to your elected representative.

But I won't hold my breath !!!!