PDA

View Full Version : 2011 M5 Crash

sars_notd_virus
5th November 2011, 06:29
Tragic M5 crash!! bless their souls

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/nov/05/m5-crash-feared-dead-collision?newsfeed=true
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-15603124

Englishman2010
5th November 2011, 06:35
A terrible tragedy for those involved and their families. Fortunately, British roads are among the safest in the world, and this kind of event is extremely rare.

stevewool
5th November 2011, 06:50
who knows what caused it, driving to close to fast and only thinking of oneselves, sorry for being so blunt

Jamesey
5th November 2011, 07:16
Terrible news. I could see the smoke from my house.

There was a fireworks display underway at the rugby club, which is right next to the accident scene.

It's likely that drivers looking at the fireworks, combined with bad weather and driving too clos,e were the causes of the accident.

RickyR
5th November 2011, 10:32
And they want to increase the speed limit to 80mph???? (80mph is just to increase fuel tax, Stealth Tax rides again)

KeithD
5th November 2011, 23:00
And they want to increase the speed limit to 80mph???? (80mph is just to increase fuel tax, Stealth Tax rides again)

It won't make any difference to the accident rate, lack of human concentration kills at any speed.

7 dead :NoNo:

ConfusedMe
6th November 2011, 01:52
This is so sad .:NoNo:

bruce
7th November 2011, 16:33
:bigcry:this news shocked me cos my husband is also lorry driver and always drives on M5 road..but he is okay. i am sad about the news and people who died.

RickyR
7th November 2011, 19:46
It won't make any difference to the accident rate, lack of human concentration kills at any speed.

7 dead :NoNo:

I'm only half with you Keith, if the same accident happened at 50mph the severity of the incident would be less.

Once of the things the UK seems to be bad for is tailgating, people never seem to leave enough distance between the car in front.

Dedworth
7th November 2011, 21:15
I'm only half with you Keith, if the same accident happened at 50mph the severity of the incident would be less.

Once of the things the UK seems to be bad for is tailgating, people never seem to leave enough distance between the car in front.

Agreed - I remember years ago, unlit isolated part of the M4 damp murky Fri night in Nov I'm bimbling along in middle lane two lunatics roar past me nose to tail just as I start to move over to inside lane. They collide and spin, in my rear view mirror I can see the lethal bumper car and truck show begin. M4 was closed I can't recall the death toll / injuries but it wasn't good.

As always idiots driving too close, too fast and oblivious to the weather and road conditions