PDA

View Full Version : Iceland country profile

Win2Win
2nd November 2011, 19:30
Key facts, figures and dates

Content from... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/europe/country_profiles/1025227.stm)

stevewool
6th November 2011, 12:47
iceland is a country:yikes:

Englishman2010
6th November 2011, 17:10
I'd like to try some of their extreme forms of motorsport, as regularly demonstrated by Top Gear

Englishman2010
6th November 2011, 17:11
iceland is a country:yikes:

Don't they ask to see your passport every time you go there to stock your freezer up:Rasp:

stevewool
6th November 2011, 17:13
they have some great motorsport and come to think about the passport ummmmmmmmmmmmm no they dont:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Terpe
6th November 2011, 19:44
I spent a wonderful 3 weeks in Iceland some years ago.
One of the top holidays I ever had. Exciting and very interesting.
Yes some of the motorsport available (then) was totally exhilarating (ie scary)

Could apply that to many things available in Iceland :rolleyes:

Englishman2010
6th November 2011, 20:12
I've always wanted to go there, but was put off when their economy was booming by reports of the very high costs of eating and drinking out - I've been to Denmark a few times and that was bad enough:yikes:. Now their currency has been substantially down valued and they're struggling, it might be a bit cheaper :Erm:

Terpe
6th November 2011, 20:25
I've always wanted to go there, but was put off when their economy was booming by reports of the very high costs of eating and drinking out - I've been to Denmark a few times and that was bad enough:yikes:. Now their currency has been substantially down valued and they're struggling, it might be a bit cheaper :Erm:

You're correct Ian. When I was there it was very very expensive for the lifestyle I had.
In fact all of Scandinavia was very expensive. But also very exciting, interesting and unmissable.:hubbahubba:

I have no idea what the comparative costs are in these days.