PDA

View Full Version : Applying for driving licence

tone
1st November 2011, 10:08
Hi All

Has anyone tried applying for a DL - I got hold of the forms and there is a question where proof of identity is needed and it says someone has to have known you for two years in the UK!

I have a nephew over here from India on an Education Visa and he was somehow able to get a DL without that - but dont know how..

Any idea's? It would be a useful piece of evidence for the FLR but Rina is keen to learn how to drive anyway.

Cheers

Tone

tone
1st November 2011, 10:33
I've just figured it out - got hold of the notes and those app notes say you have to visit a DVLA Office. :doh

Hope this helps someone!

Tone

joebloggs
1st November 2011, 16:06
I've just figured it out - got hold of the notes and those app notes say you have to visit a DVLA Office. :doh

Hope this helps someone!

Tone

yes thats what my misses did years ago, queued for hours :NoNo: and they took her passport off her to send away :NoNo:

malditako
3rd November 2011, 10:17
i just filled a form which i got from post office then sent it to dvla office together with my passport and a photo..got my provisional driving license after a week i guess....already had 10 driving lesson :)

lastlid
3rd November 2011, 10:20
i just filled a form which i got from post office then sent it to dvla office together with my passport and a photo..got my provisional driving license after a week i guess....already had 10 driving lesson :)

Ah. Good. Did you send a photocopy of your passport, or the actual passport?

malditako
3rd November 2011, 10:32

actual passport :)

scottishbride
10th November 2011, 20:22

I agree with gparry:rolleyes: you need to send your actual passport to DVLA and then they will send it back to you. You can also enclose a Special Delivery envelope as it safe and fast. Hope this will help.