PDA

View Full Version : My FLR M journey!

ConfusedMe
31st October 2011, 12:22
I finally got my Permit this afternoon.. So happy! The processing time was quicker than I expected...

I sent my application by post...

Got 2 letters after one week (One confirming that they got my application, the other one regarding the Biometric Residence Permit)

Went to Oxford on the 3rd week of Oct for my Biometrics

After 2 weeks they sent me my Biometric Card / Permit! :)

The bonus too... I won a pair of Puma trainers just by Following and Retweeting (not at all related to the topic :REDancedancer08:)... What a nice day!!!

LeoLady
31st October 2011, 16:33
congratulations don.. God is good all the time..

stevewool
31st October 2011, 16:51
well done:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

GraceAdam
31st October 2011, 20:22
:Jump: ayay ka lami sa feeling heheheh :D

ConfusedMe
31st October 2011, 20:27
Thanks Ann, Steve and Grace :Jump:

fab1027
1st November 2011, 04:15
Congrats gurl....:xxgrinning--00xx3:
how to do the Following and Retweeting for me to win trainers too? :)

ConfusedMe
1st November 2011, 05:02
Wehehe... Won them from Twitter:)

toging
1st November 2011, 05:13
congratulations to u!!! just want to know the docs that u submitted......thank u!

tone
1st November 2011, 08:50
Good news and congrats!
We will be doing Rina's in a couple of weeks once the marriage certificate ink has dried!

Tone

Chikky
1st November 2011, 17:36
Congratulations ConfusedMe! Can you just share me the requirements you had submitted as my appointment for filing will be on the 10th of Nov in Croydon. Big thanks!

ConfusedMe
1st November 2011, 18:53
Congratulations too for the wedding... Good luck in your application tone
Good news and congrats!
We will be doing Rina's in a couple of weeks once the marriage certificate ink has dried!

Tone

ConfusedMe
1st November 2011, 18:58
Hello Toging and Chikky!

Thanks! As to my FLR M application, the documents I submitted are the same as the ones I submitted when I applied for the fiancee visa..

I just added the marriage certificate and letters to me and my hubby showing the same address here in the UK. They were asking at least 6 letters but if you can't provide 6, just give them letters addressed to you and your hubby separately. Make sure you provide explanation letter regarding it...

Good luck in your applications you both :)

Arthur Little
1st November 2011, 20:09
Donah ... that's great news! Congratulations & well done. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ConfusedMe
1st November 2011, 20:12
Thank you Arthur! :)

sweetnote143
1st November 2011, 22:21
congrats, donah! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ConfusedMe
1st November 2011, 23:57
Thanks Yasmin :)
congrats, donah! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ConfusedMe
1st November 2011, 23:58
Here are the details of my application process http://ladyinleatherjacket.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-flr-m-journey.html

ybba
2nd November 2011, 04:57
hi confusedme i would like to ask with regards to the 6 letter that you had provided both adress to you and husbands name or each.i read some infos that it refers to when submitting your indifinite leave to remain and not for flr(m) is this correct? or i shoudl really supply them letters and its impossible to provide those. thnks!

ConfusedMe
2nd November 2011, 08:48
When i applied for Flr M, i provided them 6 letter addressed to me and my husbands sshoeing same address. Since We dont have enough letters showing both our names, we provided letters addressed to us separately but still showing same address. We attaches an explanation letter why we cant give them 6 letters.

As to my case, since we are living together with my in-laws, they also provided a letter confirming that me and my hubby lived together in same address.

This is the form I used to apply for FLR M and you can see at the en o this forn is the list of requirements they need http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/flr/formflrm1020091.pdf

joebloggs
2nd November 2011, 10:25
you've confusedme confusedme :rolleyes:, the 6 documents is for ILR or if your applying for a further extension or for an unmarried partner visa.

ConfusedMe
2nd November 2011, 10:44
Sorry Joebloggs...

I submitted 6 letter / correspondence for my FLR M application...

Don't know with ILR yet, I will check on that before my visa expires... :)

Terpe
2nd November 2011, 11:49
Sorry Joebloggs...

I submitted 6 letter / correspondence for my FLR M application...

Don't know with ILR yet, I will check on that before my visa expires... :)

What joebloggs means is that there is no requirement to submit 6 pieces of correspondence for FLR.
So it's confusing when you say that they (Home Office) are asking for that. :Erm:

ConfusedMe
2nd November 2011, 12:02
I don't know that Terpe. I just followed everything that was written in the FLR M form. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/flr/formflrm1020091.pdf

It's in Section 11 - Documents... Page 19 :)
What joebloggs means is that there is no requirement to submit 6 pieces of correspondence for FLR.
So it's confusing when you say that they (Home Office) are asking for that. :Erm:

ConfusedMe
2nd November 2011, 12:03
Sorry for confusing everyone... I understood it wrong... I think that is for unmarried or same sex partners... :Cuckoo:

Terpe
2nd November 2011, 12:17
Sorry for confusing everyone... I understood it wrong... I think that is for unmarried or same sex partners... :Cuckoo:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Yes, that section is only applicable:-

If you are applying as an unmarried or same-sex partner, or if you answered no to question 4.1 and are applying for an extension of stay although you have completed or nearly completed 2 years’ leave to enter or remain in the UK as a partner, in addition to the relevant documents in sub-section 11A, you must provide the following documents:-
6 items of correspondence addressed to you and your partner at the same address as evidence that you have been living together during the past 2 years....

Important thing is that other applicants can understand what is really required :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
2nd November 2011, 15:27

:xxgrinning--00xx3: sorry, sometimes i don't have time to do a more detailed answer, as I'm on my break at work :cwm24: