PDA

View Full Version : Filipinos in Birmingham

neallie
30th October 2011, 13:33
Hi Everyone, :)
I arrived in the UK in January,since then I havent met Filipinos.:Hellooo: I have seen some but didnt get the chance to speak to them. Is there a Filipino community around Sutton Coldfield in Birmingham, it would be nice to meet of same nationality.

Many thanks,
Liezel

stevewool
30th October 2011, 14:11
hi there and welcome, there are a few that will say hi soon, we live in derby not to far from you,

neallie
30th October 2011, 15:51
hi there and welcome, there are a few that will say hi soon, we live in derby not to far from you,

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your reply. I do know someone from Derby but havent got the time yet to go and visit her and her family.
Its just a nice feeling to have someone to talk to with the same nationality...

stevewool
30th October 2011, 15:56
we have made new friends in northampton, nottingham, leicester, we meet up and talk each week together even been on holiday too, we have so much in commen thats why we all get on

Maria B
18th November 2011, 17:38
hiya neallie,

:Hellooo:welcome to the UK & to this friendly forum. hope you're ok.
u may check this out & meet some friends. everybody's welcome.
hope u settled ok now. :Wave:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/34627-Filipinos-who-wants-to-meet-Filipinos-in-Birmingham....

Arthur Little
18th November 2011, 18:01
http://filipinaroses.com/sh...-in-Birmingham

:) Liezel ... see Maria B's post [with link] :yeahthat: immediately preceding THIS one ... for details of the upcoming Filipino Christmas festivities
in and around Birmingham ... it's a good start! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

toging
18th November 2011, 18:31
Hi Everyone, :)
I arrived in the UK in January,since then I havent met Filipinos.:Hellooo: I have seen some but didnt get the chance to speak to them. Is there a Filipino community around Sutton Coldfield in Birmingham, it would be nice to meet of same nationality.

Many thanks,
Liezel

i know how u feel...since i got here i never seen or talk to filipino, when i was walking alone in town i was stalked by a pakistani (he might thought that im one of them too),luckily my aunt invited me to visit her in new castle next week and that will be my first time to see and talk to a pinoy since i came......and im getting xcited about it:D

Maria B
19th November 2011, 00:11
http://filipinaroses.com/sh...-in-Birmingham

:) Liezel ... see Maria B's post [with link] :yeahthat: immediately preceding THIS one ... for details of the upcoming Filipino Christmas festivities in and around Birmingham ... it's a good start! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::)

ConfusedMe
19th November 2011, 06:08
Same thing here. I only met few who I exchanged smiles with and a hello but not really got the chnace to talk... Oh well. Will meet pinoys soon i hope

scott&ligaya
1st December 2011, 08:53
Hi Liezel, Welocme to the UK,
there is large Filipino community in the South of Birmingham near to the QE hospital and there are several FIL/BRIT couples that we meet up with now and again. If you can PM me I will pass my honeys number, there is one lady not long arrived who is also keen to meet up with other Filipinas. The christmas event planned by the Filipino Assoc of Birmingham is great place to meet, someone already posted here on that event.

daff 'O dill
20th January 2012, 04:18
Same thing here. I only met few who I exchanged smiles with and a hello but not really got the chnace to talk... Oh well. Will meet pinoys soon i hope

:D hi confusedyou, if you happen to drop anytime in london - we can have a chat :)

ConfusedMe
22nd January 2012, 05:25
Would love that Daff... Where are you about in London?
:D hi confusedyou, if you happen to drop anytime in london - we can have a chat :)