PDA

View Full Version : London Olmpics 2012

Admin
6th July 2005, 14:18
This is a BRITISH bid, so when it's all over I look forward to them shipping coach loads of kids from Scotland & Wales for training :)

Pity London council tax will now shoot up £200 :P

efteling
6th July 2005, 16:18
Originally posted by admin@Jul 6 2005, 08:18 PM
This is a BRITISH bid, so when it's all over I look forward to them shipping coach loads of kids from Scotland & Wales for training :)

Pity London council tax will now shoot up £200 :P

Quoted post

Are you not happy that your country will be the next olympic place in the history?
( which i heard the 3rd time), I saw on t.v that all English citizens rejoicing.

How about you what is your stand?

Admin
6th July 2005, 18:14
In Britain London is DOWN SOUTH, so those of us up NORTH, and in WALES, SCOTLAND & N Ireland, don't give a hoot :) We also will not find any use for the venues after it is finished even though it's our taxes that pay towards it, it is only those down SOUTH who will have that pleasure.

It was actually cheaper to go to Paris Than London from where we live :rolleyes:

ginapeterb
14th July 2005, 21:11
Originally posted by admin@Jul 6 2005, 05:14 PM
In Britain London is DOWN SOUTH, so those of us up NORTH, and in WALES, SCOTLAND & N Ireland, don't give a hoot :) We also will not find any use for the venues after it is finished even though it's our taxes that pay towards it, it is only those down SOUTH who will have that pleasure.

It was actually cheaper to go to Paris Than London from where we live :rolleyes:

Quoted post

Well Im esctatic as the area I work in, that is East London, and Docklands is going to be totally transformed, with 12 Billion being invested, the transport infrastructure will be amazing, have you seen the model of how it looks, I have, and driving around Docklands is going to be phenomenal, Canary Wharf is great, this will be even better, oooopppps sorry for upsetting those in the probinsyanas.

Admin
14th July 2005, 22:16
So what time is the bus from Newcastle for the local kids to use the Olympic swimming pool then in the East End, and will they be back for tea :D ?