PDA

View Full Version : philippine airline

hawk
15th October 2011, 09:06
new cheaper seating arragements for those on a budget :laugher:

stevewool
15th October 2011, 09:11
for short trips shoud be fine:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

grahamw48
15th October 2011, 09:53
Is it another one they bought second-hand from India ? :Erm:

RickyR
15th October 2011, 16:30
The scariest flight I had recently I was sat in the jumpseat on a Zest Air flight Manila to Cebu. I flashed my Private Pilots License and asked for a visit and was in for the whole flight. The Captain was alright (although had his feet up the whole time), but the co-pilot had just come off the MA-60 turboprop as Captain and it was his first flight on the Airbus, and whilst I know I'm not qualified to judge, the guy didn't have a scooby doo of whats going on, and neither of them used checklists at all through the flight. The co-pilot missed lots of checks, couldn't stabilise the approach, to the extent that the Captain took control to stabilise it and then handed it back, for the co-pilot to fly it straight into the runway without flaring which wasn't pretty! Followed by a .......ing from the Captain.
I vowed never to ask for the jumpseat again in the Philippines!

grahamw48
15th October 2011, 17:06
A friend of mine was on a PAL flight from Manila to Hong Kong in the days of the old Kai Tak airport, a trip he'd done many times.

He began to realise that something was very wrong on the approach.

The plane was lining up to land in Hong Kong's Victoria Harbour...and almost did ! :yikes:

The landing was aborted, and it was announced that the plane would be returning to Manila because of a 'technical fault'. :NoNo: