PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry have now screwed up 2 days running

Dedworth
11th October 2011, 19:07
I tried calling o2 earlier to see what compo/refund they'd be offering but gave up after listening to brain numbing music for 10 minutes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15243892

A few hours after Blackberry maker RIM said all services were "operating normally" users have complained of a new crash.

Englishman2010
11th October 2011, 19:54
I'm pleased I ditched my Blackberry a couple of years ago and switched to HTC Androids - overall I'm very happy with HTC's handsets and Android as an OS:xxgrinning--00xx3: 02's coverage is sometimes a bit iffy, but I've been with them (and BT Cellnet as it was) for 17 years and can't be bothered to change now

somebody
11th October 2011, 20:07
Yeah has been a pain although the work BB is still working though out :doh :doh I wonder if Apple will be studying carefuly as they create I chat which looks like its trying to mimc bbm and the other pan os messaging apps like Ping and what app etc..

They have already like many cloud providers found its not that easy I could go into depth on this as seen a few at close hands both succesfull and not so.. I think all cloud server consumer products are still feeling their way so every outage I hear makes me think keep a backup local or have a plan b for comms and the interweb just in case:rolleyes:

KeithD
12th October 2011, 08:46
No matter who or what the service is, if it involves computers they will go down at some point, guaranteeed 100%

Dedworth
12th October 2011, 17:54
Day 3 what a shower :angry:

Englishman2010
12th October 2011, 21:24
Day 3 what a shower :angry:

Get yourself a cheapie 2nd hand Samsung or LG 'droid off Ebay for about £30, then next time BB crashes you can switch your 02 SIM into the cheapie back up phone and still access your e-mails and the web:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
12th October 2011, 22:54
Good idea then I could give the 'droid a good run. What get's me about BB is the total silence on informing punters about what's going on. If I was running it the Customer Services Director/Vice President "EMEA" would be down at Slough Job Centre in the morning but no doubt they'll still be living in Virginia Water/Gerrards Cross and picking up a fat bonus cheque come Christmas