PDA

View Full Version : yahoo archive

imagine
11th October 2011, 17:16
iv just downloaded the newer version of yahoo messenger ym11

you may have already seen and downloaded?

good news for saving your messages, the new version now saves your archived messages online, so if you computer crashes you cant loose those very important love messages :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
11th October 2011, 18:04
Thanks for the info Imagine:xxgrinning--00xx3:I'm sure it will be useful for those who use YM.

TBH I use Googletalk as it auto saves all messages in GMail and even sends an e-mail if you get a message when you aren't on line on GTalk

somebody
11th October 2011, 19:59
Yeah i noticed that amazing how things change can remember it being a massive issue when Yahoo was for many relationships the main day to day link..

Now from speaking to some of the Wifes friends and families in LDR's there are so many ways to communicate it almost gets complicated which one to use and when :Rasp:

imagine
11th October 2011, 20:36
yeah too many,msn and yahoo go back a long way ,,, a bit like myself:olddude: :icon_lol:

familiar old timers,
other than email i like skype for quality video and sound

Englishman2010
11th October 2011, 21:33
Personally I prefer Googletalk because it doesn't matter which device or PC you use it on, it all gets stored on the web in your Gmail account and every chat you've had can be accessed from any device you log in from. So you can chat on your phone or tablet while you're out, and when you get home you can see it via your PC:xxgrinning--00xx3: I don't think YM can do that, or at least it never did it when I used it

imagine
11th October 2011, 22:00
as yet iv not got into iphones ,tablet, internet on a mobile phone havent had the need to yet, but i guess when i do it will be usefull, as for my cel phone its internet capable i dont use it only occasional as a modem for my lap top, but i find outside in bright conditions its almost impossible to see a cel phones screen

Englishman2010
11th October 2011, 22:13
Modern technology can be a blessing or a curse. It's probably good to limit tech use as you do. If I'm away from home and need to send an e-mail, use the internet or google maps it's great, but the flip side is that no matter where I am, someone can get hold of me by e-mail, and even when I'm on holiday on the other side of the world, I still feel obliged to reply to business e-mails

imagine
11th October 2011, 22:45
yes , pros and cons,, no hiding place :icon_lol:

baby38
14th October 2011, 11:14
Mr Imagine,very interested how you and your g/f getting on,have not seen in progress report,i
I wants to message you but i cant sorry,just interested mate,maybe i missed your updates.

somebody
15th October 2011, 15:34
Modern technology can be a blessing or a curse. It's probably good to limit tech use as you do. If I'm away from home and need to send an e-mail, use the internet or google maps it's great, but the flip side is that no matter where I am, someone can get hold of me by e-mail, and even when I'm on holiday on the other side of the world, I still feel obliged to reply to business e-mails

Yeah I find the same you can be at a Festival or a quiet remote park in a forigen land half way round the world and suddenly your plunged back into the world you left behind in the Uk:doh