PDA

View Full Version : Advance notice of Lufthansa sale

Englishman2010
10th October 2011, 15:21
Lufthansa start their autumn worldwide sale on Wednesday.

Although they don't fly to Manila, they do fly to Singapore, Hong Kong and Bangkok as well as many other Asian cities.

They also fly from regional airports in the UK to their hubs in Frankfurt and Munich for the onward destination, and like KLM they usually have one of the shortest total travelling times to the Far East.

For best prices, book direct at their website.

In their last sale I managed to get a Birmingham to Singapore flight for £430 inc all fees and taxes:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm hoping I can pick up another bargain to somewhere on Weds:D

Dedworth
10th October 2011, 17:59
Thanks for the tip off

grahamw48
10th October 2011, 18:26
Thanks.

I've used them when they used to fly direct to Manila, but vowed to never use them again because of the number of drunken German idiots there seemed to be on the flights.

On my last flight (when I was with my kids), I had to 'manhandle' one particularly objectionable and obscene :censored:....with tacit approval of the cabin staff. Let's say he had an 'interesting' encounter in the toilet area, and it had nothing to do with sex, but plenty to do with pain. :angry:

stevie c
10th October 2011, 18:52
Graham my friend also flew with them when they flew direct to manila.

He was travelling with his filipina wife & also encountered the same problems with the drunken german idiots whom he had to grab one by the throat for insulting his wife :cwm23: like you he vowed never fly with them again :NoNo:

Terpe
10th October 2011, 18:58
.......Lufthansa start their autumn worldwide sale on Wednesday

Thanks Englishman. I've always had a soft spot for Lufthansa. It was the carrier on my very first flight ever, way way back :olddude:
We flew to Munich and I got upgraded on the return leg (got all sorts of goodies including free cigarettes and cigars) I remember the huge leather seats and bottomless Champers. Ah happy days.

I used them a few times going to Japan and was always impressed. Not used them for a few years though.

I'm hoping I can pick up another bargain to somewhere on Weds:D
Do you remember Wicker's World? :D

Englishman2010
10th October 2011, 19:39
Do you remember Wicker's World? :D

I did see a few of his programmes in the 80's, although I have to admit I didn't really like his style of presenting, he always seemed a bit too far removed from me and my life at that time. I prefer Michael Palin, he never came across as being so stuck up and really made a connection with me. I know he's not a rough and ready backpacker like Benedict Allen or Bruce Parry, but he has always been a big inspiration for me and my travels.

Englishman2010
10th October 2011, 19:47
Thanks.

Let's say he had an 'interesting' encounter in the toilet area, and it had nothing to do with sex, but plenty to do with pain. :angry:

Do you mean you had a friendly chat with him in the part of the aircraft near the toilets, or your knee had an interesting chat with his 'toilet area' ? or both:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
10th October 2011, 23:01
Both, but the chat wasn't friendly. :icon_lol:

Englishman2010
11th October 2011, 21:42
Just reminding anyone who's interested that Luftwaffe's sale starts tomorrow.

I might have a look, but not sure where to go yet as I've still got a few more trips booked in advance. Jakarta (or Java), Taipai and Tokyo are all on my wish list:Erm:

grahamw48
11th October 2011, 22:36
'Luftwaffe'. :icon_lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McFj_vq3cwk&feature=related

worthingmale
12th October 2011, 14:02
Englishman

Tokyo is amazing, didnt have a clue what was going on but that was the fun.

Just dont try to enter the Japanese only bars, no foreigners allowed that proved to be interesting.

Plus Japanese women cant walk in high heels, and they certainly dress well ;-)

Englishman2010
12th October 2011, 14:34
Yes, I've always wanted to go to Tokyo, ride on the Shinkansen and see Mount Fuji. I'll do it sometime in the next few years:)

I didn't get a flight today. There were some very good deals, Beijing for £349, Singapore and HK for £429 from Brum, but travel period was Feb to May 2012. As I'm already going to Vietnam in January, then Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand in March and April, I can't justify or afford another trip in May.

There will be lots of other sales over the months, hopefully I'll pick up a good deal for Sept or Oct next year:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
12th October 2011, 14:47
....Just dont try to enter the Japanese only bars, no foreigners allowed that proved to be interesting....

:Erm: That's an interesting one. I lived in Yokohama for almost 20 years and never came by such a bar myself. Things have changed a bit since then I guess.
Wouldn't surprise me.

During my time the only places I ever knew where foreigners were not allowed (even if you could speak Japanese) are what are called 'Fashion Health Clubs'.
All over the place, almost every corner of every town or city.
Very interesting those places.....................well, allegedly:D

grahamw48
12th October 2011, 15:37
Behave yourself. :D

rusty
12th October 2011, 19:03
Yes, I've always wanted to go to Tokyo, ride on the Shinkansen and see Mount Fuji. I'll do it sometime in the next few years:)

I was lucky to work there a few years ago, for a few months.

The view out of my office window was Mt Fuji and would ride the Shinkansen to Tokyo to go sightseeing. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
12th October 2011, 19:23
I was lucky to work there a few years ago, for a few months.

The view out of my office window was Mt Fuji and would ride the Shinkansen to Tokyo to go sightseeing. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: That must have been fantastic. Ever since I was a small boy and had my Top Trumps set of train and locomotive cards I've wanted to go on the Bullet Train. I've been on the one they have at the National Railway Musuem in York, but it's not really the same thing