PDA

View Full Version : Islamic extremists in Egypt

les_taxi
10th October 2011, 09:36
See they are kicking off in Egypt now:NoNo:
This problem is getting worse eventually we will be confined to going on holidays to Scandinavia:cwm23:

grahamw48
10th October 2011, 14:36
Can't we just build a bloody 300ft wall around the middle east, and drain the oil out from under it ?

Tiresome prats. :NoNo:

Englishman2010
10th October 2011, 15:27
It's actually the Coptic Christians who are demonstrating this time. Reports on BBC news say that at least 24 Christians were killed when they clashed with the Government.

I'm not a big fan of some of the practices of a certain middle eastern religion, but lets not have a go at them if they aren't responsible for this:xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-15242413

grahamw48
10th October 2011, 15:42
They'll always find something to fight about. ...if not religion. :NoNo:

Much better off when we OWNED them. :D

les_taxi
10th October 2011, 15:59
It's actually the Coptic Christians who are demonstrating this time. Reports on BBC news say that at least 24 Christians were killed when they clashed with the Government.

I'm not a big fan of some of the practices of a certain middle eastern religion, but lets not have a go at them if they aren't responsible for this:xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-15242413
They were responsible if you read it correctly:Erm:

Englishman2010
10th October 2011, 16:43
They're all as bad as each other in that part of the world Les - Christians, Muslims and Jews, you can't point the finger solely at one particular religion, because they all antagonise each other and always have done. They've been fighting and killing each other for the last 8000 years, it isn't going to stop anytime soon, so let them all just get on with it and wipe themselves out without us feeling we have the need to step in. When they've all killed each other we can go and get their oil then:D

les_taxi
10th October 2011, 16:50
All I can see is things seemed relatively OK for many years but now the new inn crowd is the Islamic extremists who seem to be getting their way and making many parts of the world (including the UK sometimes) very dangerous to travel to.
It seems as they grow in number moderate Muslims get closer to joining up on a war against Christianity it's not acceptable and it's very worrying for us all for the future.

Englishman2010
10th October 2011, 17:03
Les, I understand what you're saying, and like most people I think we have allowed too many bad people with no loyalty or respect to/for the UK or our way of life and freedoms, but I think as a country we have become a bit too paranoid about the muslim threat.
So far muslim terrorists in the UK have killed far fewer people than Irish terrorists killed in the 70/80/90's. Was Britain a safer place then? Irish terrorists were quite happy to blow up innocent people in pubs, clubs and shopping centres...and worst still they were funded by our so called allies, The USA:rolleyes:

les_taxi
10th October 2011, 17:10
You are true about the IRA but more and more the world is becoming a less safe place to live and of course the UK is slowly succumbing to an increasing number of extremists,I don't think it's paranoid it is more observing what we see around us and it's not a pretty sight.

Englishman2010
10th October 2011, 17:28
Is the world really less safe than it was 30 or 50 years ago, or is it that because we have more news on offer with the internet and 24 hour News TV channels we just hear about more trouble and wars? It feels like it's less safe than it was 20 years ago, but the truth is, it probably isn't any worse than it's ever been. It wasn't so long ago that the threat was Germany, and then The USSR, in the 60/70/80's we all believed an all out nuclear attack from Russia was inevitable, but it never happened.
Throughout history man has fought wars, look at our own history in Britain, we've been fighting wars against the Romans, Saxons, Viking, Normans, French, Dutch, Spanish, Germans.......etc for thousands of years, we were even fighting against ourselves until fairly recently (The English Civil War and War of the Roses...etc), different regional powers used to raise armies and regularly try to overthrow our Kings (Battle of Naseby, Battle of Bosworth...etc).
I don't know what the answer is to stop wars and fighting and neither does anyone else because 8000 years after the birth of modern civilization we are still fighting against others because they have the land we want, they have a different God, they don't look like us, they eat garlic and onions....etc

stevie c
10th October 2011, 17:37
See they are kicking off in Egypt now:NoNo:
This problem is getting worse eventually we will be confined to going on holidays to Scandinavia:cwm23:

Your be lucky les we wont even be able to take a holiday here in the uk as they will be taking over here in the near future :cwm23:

imagine
10th October 2011, 20:00
They're all as bad as each other in that part of the world Les - Christians, Muslims and Jews, you can't point the finger solely at one particular religion, because they all antagonise each other and always have done. They've been fighting and killing each other for the last 8000 years, it isn't going to stop anytime soon, so let them all just get on with it and wipe themselves out without us feeling we have the need to step in. When they've all killed each other we can go and get their oil then:D

8000 years, and still not wiped each other out,, mmmmmmm forget the oil i think:laugher:

subseastu
10th October 2011, 21:43
Is the world really less safe than it was 30 or 50 years ago, or is it that because we have more news on offer with the internet and 24 hour News TV channels we just hear about more trouble and wars? It feels like it's less safe than it was 20 years ago, but the truth is, it probably isn't any worse than it's ever been. It wasn't so long ago that the threat was Germany, and then The USSR, in the 60/70/80's we all believed an all out nuclear attack from Russia was inevitable, but it never happened.
Throughout history man has fought wars, look at our own history in Britain, we've been fighting wars against the Romans, Saxons, Viking, Normans, French, Dutch, Spanish, Germans.......etc for thousands of years, we were even fighting against ourselves until fairly recently (The English Civil War and War of the Roses...etc), different regional powers used to raise armies and regularly try to overthrow our Kings (Battle of Naseby, Battle of Bosworth...etc).
I don't know what the answer is to stop wars and fighting and neither does anyone else because 8000 years after the birth of modern civilization we are still fighting against others because they have the land we want, they have a different God, they don't look like us, they eat garlic and onions....etc

Very very good reply

Terpe
10th October 2011, 22:18

Totally agreed. Top post Ian:xxgrinning--00xx3: