PDA

View Full Version : Directive 2004/38/EC

Patrick
6th October 2011, 21:01
Hello
I was posting my issue already on this forum while ago,
I was reading quite a lot,checking our possibilities,I'm trying to bring my wife to live with me in UK
I'm a citizen of Poland but residing in UK, working in same place from 4 years,so from that time I'm exercising treaty rights in UK,
Advice i need is about steps we should take to be together at last, at beginning we thought about applying for EEA2 family permit but it's taking at least 4/5months to be processed by UKBA
and if I'm not mistaken its applicable just from UK,if my wife is living at Philippines i think she should apply from VAF5 form which is similar but much more complex and contains a lot of no applicable informations
what i was thinking about is applying for family permit from UK and maybe getting normal tourist visa for her(if it's possible),there is other way using Directive 2004/38/EC,
I don't know how it works in practise,I'll explain it shortly, non EEA family members of EEA citizens don't need visa or family permit as long as they travelling with member of EEA, all we need is marriage certificate and passports
(this is theory)

http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2011/05/30/it-is-all-about-the-eueea-citizen/

http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08/04/no-visa-but-still-want-to-travel/

We are already tired of seeing each other just once in a while and we want to start our life together
If someone was in similar situation or can advice me something,please help
i can answer for any questions

joebloggs
7th October 2011, 10:59
we thought about applying for EEA2 family permit but it's taking at least 4/5months to be processed by UKBA
and if I'm not mistaken its applicable just from UK,if my wife is living at Philippines i think she should apply from VAF5 form which is similar but much more complex and contains a lot of no applicable informations

where are you getting 4 or 5 months from :Erm:, family permits are suppose to be a priority over other visa's and you dont apply in the uk for it, your wife applies for it at the british embassy, your getting mixed up i think with PR delays.

rixy
7th October 2011, 11:04
hi patrick,

i am a filipina and i just want to share with you what i did before i got here in uk with my danish husband.

first, he went to the philippines and lived with me for 1 year.
then he got a job offer here in uk so he got here first.
then i processed my supporting documents like our marriage certificate, passport, our correspendences while he was away and some pictures before i submitted it to the UKBA in the Philippines.
Then, after i finished gathering all the needed papers, i submitted it to UKBA in the Philippines and only waited for 2 weeks. I actually applied Family member of an EEA.
I did not expect that it will be too soon but then I was grateful since I was approved.
So, I came here in UK and now living with my husband.
Then, I am now in the waiting stage for the result of my application for residence card as a family member of an EEA national.
The ironic thing is, I am already here in UK but the processing time is really taking too long. I have been waiting for 3 months now still no result. Plus, you are not allowed to ask the status. But, in the Philippines, I only waited 2 weeks to get my family member permit.
I think that maybe because it was only for an entry level while residence card is tougher to decide on.

Hope this one helps.

Cheers!

joebloggs
7th October 2011, 13:15
the reason your waiting rixy is UKBA are in no rush to process EU visa apps. i would have said becuase there is no money in it for them, as its free, but people are paying near £1,000 for ILR and are now waiting months :doh.

just hold on, i'm sure you'll get your residence card very soon :rolleyes:

Patrick
7th October 2011, 17:54
thank you for reply joebloggs
i meant that 4 months is time of waiting for residence card via EEA2 form
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=52881&highlight=eea2

salamat rixy for sharing your experience,i hope it will be so simple in our case,we have plenty photos and mails if it will be necessary, if you could tell me some details like which form is it or if we need anything aside of photos, letters
id like to prepare everything and not be surprise,i guess you know that feeling hehe