PDA

View Full Version : Orange Broadband/Phone Deal

STU3UK
22nd May 2007, 21:58
I have recently signed up for this deal.

http://www.orange.co.uk/time/broadbandunlimited/

It is 8Mg Broadband for £20 a month with 6 months free. But the key is it gives you access to free calls Domestic/International including the Philippines.

It all works through a thing called a LiveBox. You keep your existing landline for incoming calls but can call out from the LiveBox giving you your free calls.

The only downside is I dont belive u receive Phone Bill which can be used as evidence for showing calls to Philippines. However, I thought it might be useful for Girlfriends/Wives already here to call home and save some money.:)

joebloggs
23rd May 2007, 02:55
:omg:
only thing is its suppose to be a load of :censored: ...
ive been considering it, but looking at the reviews , i dont think so :NoNo:

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/broadband/details.aspx?hideback=0&enquiryid=0&tab=1&productid=228&tabindex=0

but if you dont use the net much, ( i do, pc is on 24/7) and phone pinoyland a lot, then its worth the £20 a month risk ...but from what i've read , if you use the net for hmm downloading stuff, then its not so good

KeithD
23rd May 2007, 09:24
Always check the small print on 'fair usage', Orange is not good for that.

Steer
3rd July 2007, 19:50
I have orange as my 2nd internet connection, mainly because it was only £5 a month with my mobile contract. I find it very good, it does get slow at peak times but off peak i tend to get full speed.
Then you have the livebox with the free calls, they auto cutoff at 2 hours, but are free to landlines and cells in the Philippine's, which i find insane, its not always the best quality line, but its free!

bigtombowski
12th July 2007, 19:51
orange are the best telecommunications company in the world (i have a job to maintain :) )

andypaul
12th July 2007, 20:01
orange are the best telecommunications company in the world (i have a job to maintain :) )

At least if you work for orange, you don't need to remeber your pc login password you just ask someone anyone what theirs is:icon_lol:

bigtombowski
12th July 2007, 23:03
lol! everyone in orange knows mine :)

joebloggs
13th July 2007, 10:56

don't say you work for orange !!! :o( , they the worse internet provider in the whole country,, amd no i'm not joking !!!! look on the boardband forums, about 2 out of 10 says they are good, and at least 7 says they are $$%$%%..

and i'm worried, ive heard tiscali have bought pipex and bulldog !!! NO !"!!!!! NO !!!!, tiscali are the second worse !!!

it might be time to put the dog to rest, BE here i come..

KeithD
13th July 2007, 12:32
PlusNet use the Tiscali network......

Same with cars these days....buy a Hyundai....Fiat engine
Buy a Nissan....French engine.....

joebloggs
13th July 2007, 13:18
PlusNet use the Tiscali network......

Same with cars these days....buy a Hyundai....Fiat engine
Buy a Nissan....French engine.....

yes, true, problem with most internet service providers, they claim their service is "UNLIMITED", well to me that means no limits, well why do they have a fair usage policy ? people are being conned and tricked, and it should be illegal to advertise something as "unlimited" when its not .. !!!

tiscali do that, i dont know how they can get away with it ..

KeithD
13th July 2007, 14:10
I have two broadband conections, both are UNLIMITED :D, no fair usage on business contracts :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigtombowski
13th July 2007, 17:47
wot u think of virgin broadband?? U reckon it's any good? i got it coz it was cheap and had no problems with it . . .. yet