PDA

View Full Version : simplest way to rent?

bornatbirth
22nd May 2007, 21:05
im planning to marry next year spring/summer?

im just renting now,but i need something more suitable for us to live together when she gets here,i will be renting!
if i move soon how long do you need to be in that place to show your rent payments to get bills,council tax and all other stuff in my name at that address how long do i need to show i have been there for?

will this affect my visa?

and also once she as been here for 2 years and she gets full residency,can she come and go as much as she wants to or is there another time limit?

KeithD
22nd May 2007, 22:01
Length of time at abode is not usually an issue, you're not marrying a house. :)

Just keep all address where you are now, changing will confuse the visa.

winner
22nd May 2007, 22:02
it dose not matter if you live there one day has long you get letter from landlord and tenecea agrament

andypaul
22nd May 2007, 22:48
With ILr i think you find there is still a limit to the amount of time you can spend out of the UK before its lost. But if brit citzen there is no limit to the time you spend out of the UK.

Or at least thats what im sure i read on the matter the other day.

joebloggs
23rd May 2007, 10:45
yes there is with ILR, more than 2 years you might get bother from the ECO, as they could challenge you as to wether the UK is your permenant home.. better go the next step 1 yr after getting ILR and applying for naturalization. but for naturalization you cannot be out of the country i think its 90 days out of the last year..:Erm:

bornatbirth
23rd May 2007, 20:27
so she needs to be here 3 years to get a full uk passport and come and go as she pleases,not leaving the country more than 90 days in the third year.
so the ILR doesnt entitle her to be a full uk citizen?

at the moment im living with a friend as its cheaper and im lazy,who rents the house so i just pay him my share of the rent but everything is in his name!
will this matter?

i just want to get everything right for the visa and not put any doubts into them,to make sure everything is nice and tidy.

so i guess its easy for me to rent somewhere for when she comes here but theres no real rush?

robeth
24th May 2007, 17:13
All you have to do is to prove to the ECO that you are capable with financial stability before youre allowed to bring somebody IN the UK and make sure that you or your wife to be will not be a liability (esp your wife ) in her first 2 yrs in the country. It will be stated in her VISA...." no recourse to public funds".

If you can do that, its doesnt matter if youre LAZY.

andypaul
24th May 2007, 20:38
All you have to do is to prove to the ECO that you are capable with financial stability before youre allowed to bring somebody IN the UK and make sure that you or your wife to be will not be a liability (esp your wife ) in her first 2 yrs in the country. It will be stated in her VISA...." no recourse to public funds".

If you can do that, its doesnt matter if youre LAZY.

Quite true if you can look after the two of you the amount you need spare a month doesn't have to be that much, have accomdation suitable for the two of you. I.E one room of a certain size, which is not either a kitchen or a bathroom (if you search on here its been disscussed before) and both show that your in a loving relationship your sorted:xxgrinning--00xx3:

oh and of course you have not commited genocide in the past:Erm:

andypaul
24th May 2007, 20:42
so she needs to be here 3 years to get a full uk passport and come and go as she pleases,not leaving the country more than 90 days in the third year.
so the ILR doesnt entitle her to be a full uk citizen?

at the moment im living with a friend as its cheaper and im lazy,who rents the house so i just pay him my share of the rent but everything is in his name!
will this matter?

i just want to get everything right for the visa and not put any doubts into them,to make sure everything is nice and tidy.

so i guess its easy for me to rent somewhere for when she comes here but theres no real rush?

Why move if your future Wife and you are ok with sharing and of course your friend has no problems.
If you sort the rent out (as long as its all above board and the landlord aware etc) A letter from the land lord and i guess one from your house mate should be fine.

Especially if it saves you money at first, then your wife and you can choose a place together once she is here, if you both decide too.

bigtombowski
27th July 2007, 16:27
that is some really good advice man!

i think andypaul's a genius :)

much respect!

tom

chazz1018
27th July 2007, 19:51
needs informTION REGARDING EXTENSION OF WORK PERMITS

bigtombowski
27th July 2007, 23:33
i guess that Keith will tell you to "search" .. .. lol! I dunno! lol!

KeithD
28th July 2007, 09:13
i guess that Keith will tell you to "search" .. .. lol! I dunno! lol!

Are we hunting Easter eggs already? :Erm:

andypaul
28th July 2007, 10:37
Are we hunting Easter eggs already? :Erm:

Easter not even thought about Christmas yet, in fact im still waiting for the summer :bigcry:

bigtombowski
28th July 2007, 10:39
im gonna be spending christmas dodging typhoons in Oriental Negros!

andypaul
28th July 2007, 14:21
im gonna be spending christmas dodging typhoons in Oriental Negros!

Sounds better than avoiding chuggers in cold dark n damp london at christmas:NoNo:

bigtombowski
28th July 2007, 14:26
it does, i agree