PDA

View Full Version : how about living there?

bornatbirth
20th May 2007, 21:01
i know most people want there gfs,wifes to come here which does make sense? but the cost of living here is so high!and would anyone really miss it here?

does any one go the other way or even think about it?

maybe someone can tell me,

what visas do i need.
how long does ur wife need to stay here to gain a full passport.
what happens to ur pension?but it looks like i will be about 80 before i get it!
and anything else u can think of?

i know working there is a waste of time.

KeithD
20th May 2007, 21:21
I'd miss it here.....horse racing is crap in the Phil....for the ones they don't eat anyway!!

bornatbirth
20th May 2007, 21:45
i think its best u go there soon,just to stop gambling and make sure ur wife doesnt let u have contact with the outside world.
u do know its a mugs game,u will never win?

i havent seen any horses there or road kill just some cows of some kind.

have u bet on wednesdays game?

KeithD
21st May 2007, 09:40
:Erm: If I went there, were the hell would my income come from? It's from gambling you muppet :Brick: .....it pays for the running of this site for starters.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
21st May 2007, 14:28
:Erm: If I went there, were the hell would my income come from? It's from gambling you muppet :Brick: .....it pays for the running of this site for starters.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I thought you said that you could run your site from anywhere in the world?:Erm:

what visas do i need.

If you travel in with your wife,take your marriage cert with you and request a Balikbayan stamp which is good for one year.
After the one year you can get around 4 extensions that will allow you to stay for yet another year..Then you must leave the country for even just a day with your wife and on your return do it all again.
I have however hear ed some reports of Balikbayan refusal on the return leg.
Your other option is to get either an SRRV (retirement visa) or residence permit which will allow you to stay indefinitely.

Less than 2 months to go!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
21st May 2007, 16:09
I can, and do run it from anywhere, but I can only watch the racing live in the UK. Horse racing is a hobby, making money from gambling is just a measure of success, and can be done anywhere.

bornatbirth
22nd May 2007, 20:32
u still need to do all that with a filipino wife?