PDA

View Full Version : KLM Flying Blue promo to Manila

Englishman2010
22nd September 2011, 13:56
KLM are currently offering a Flying Blue promo roundtrip to Manila for flights up to 31/10/2011 for 40000 reward points in economy and 80000 in business. I don't know how taxes and charges stack up on this, but an economy ticket with KLM in October can be bought for around £470 if you shop around.

RickyR
22nd September 2011, 14:16
Probably around 200 quid taxes and fees, or was the last time I redeemed KLM Manila run. Still works out cheaper then paying a full fare, and its one of the fastest routes ou to Manila.

Englishman2010
22nd September 2011, 14:35
When I flew to HK with KLM & AF last Dec/Jan the tax and fees were around £280, so even if they are a similar price now it's not a bad deal. Unfortunately I don't have enough miles and can't go in October:icon_lol:

The reward miles are definitely worth using on long haul flights, but on a short haul it's better to book with a low cost airline.

Out of curiosity I looked to see how much it would cost to buy the 20K miles I'm short, and it was 530 euros:omg::omg:, add to that the £280 in tax and charges and it works out cheaper to book a regular flight in October for £470 from an online bucket shop

RickyR
22nd September 2011, 14:46
The only time i've found the the miles useful on shorthaul is when I've needed to get back to the UK from the med at short notice, and it's been cheaper then any other option.

I have a good sector builder on Saturday. Because i'm in the UK for a few days, work have booked my flight Humberside - Amsterdam - London - Oman, with the first two sectors on KLM. It's not worth me complaining, and it adds a few miles!

Englishman2010
22nd September 2011, 14:53
That's a nice simple route Ricky:rolleyes: As you say, at least it adds a few more miles.

You must be sick to death of hanging around in airports with the 65 or so flights you've taken this year. I've had 24 flights so far this year and have another 8 to come and that's bad enough. Although if yours are business and being paid for by someone else, plus you get paid for your time I don't suppose it's so bad. Mine are all pleasure and paid for by me:bigcry:

RickyR
22nd September 2011, 15:23
Admitedly business does take the stress out of it, and Silver/Gold status smoothes out the creases when economy is necessary.
There are times when the travel becomes too much.