PDA

View Full Version : Another burglar retires in Greater Manchester

Dedworth
19th September 2011, 08:34
Well done Mr Cooke one less piece of filth on the streets - Manchester area once again proves to be fatal for burglars, 3 bite the dust in 6 months.

A wealthy family man was arrested on suspicion of murder yesterday after allegedly stabbing a burglar to death with his own knife.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2038785/Bramhall-father-arrested-stabbing-death-burglar-broke-home.html#ixzz1YNilPBIe

RickyR
19th September 2011, 08:39
Will be interesting to see how this one pans out.

imagine
19th September 2011, 08:47
Well done Mr Cooke:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
19th September 2011, 08:55
Will be interesting to see how this one pans out.

Probably like the last 2. Over zealous GMP arrest and lock in a cell the victim of crime (Mr Cooke) so they can question him under caution. He is then released on bail as he obvioiusly acted in self defence, the murder issue hangs over him for a month or so until it is quietly dropped.

les_taxi
19th September 2011, 09:19
Can't be a murder charge anyway unless it's pre-meditated

joebloggs
19th September 2011, 11:00
only 5 miles from where my sister lives scouser keith :doh

:D

Dedworth
19th September 2011, 12:50
Flowers have been left for the ex burglar - the local council should send a litter picker round to clear it up

Dedworth
20th September 2011, 10:57
Untold thousands of taxpayers money saved

Yesterday it was disclosed that Jacob was a career criminal with a history of violence.

The 37-year-old had dozens of convictions for burglary, robbery and theft, and once served an 18-month prison sentence for beating a man unconscious and leaving him looking “like a piece of meat”.

les_taxi
20th September 2011, 11:24
Untold thousands of taxpayers money saved

Yesterday it was disclosed that Jacob was a career criminal with a history of violence.

The 37-year-old had dozens of convictions for burglary, robbery and theft, and once served an 18-month prison sentence for beating a man unconscious and leaving him looking “like a piece of meat”.

Now if he is not cremated he will be worm meat:D

johncar54
20th September 2011, 14:04
Heads the police loose, tails they are wrong !

If there is evidence to SUSPECT that a person has committed a crime there is power to arrest.

OK so they could have asked Mr Cooke to 'accompany them to the police station' 'to assist police with their enquiries' etc, but in reality they all amount to arrest.

Clearly when a serious crime appears to have been committed it must be investigated. Had the police not done so in this case they would have been failing in their duty to the public. Until the facts are investigated no one can know if a crime has or has not been committed.

If Mr Cooke has not broken the law, he will be released without charge.

I really don't see what the beef is here.

Dedworth
20th September 2011, 14:29
Heads the police loose, tails they are wrong !

If there is evidence to SUSPECT that a person has committed a crime there is power to arrest.

OK so they could have asked Mr Cooke to 'accompany them to the police station' 'to assist police with their enquiries' etc, but in reality they all amount to arrest.

Clearly when a serious crime appears to have been committed it must be investigated. Had the police not done so in this case they would have been failing in their duty to the public. Until the facts are investigated no one can know if a crime has or has not been committed.

The beef is they do not have to arrest, keep in custody and then bail - this is only done so the innocent householder can be questioned under caution and GMP has now done it 3 times in 6 months. This is just macho policing, the person should be treated as a victim of crime. They do not have to use the power of arrest it is discretionary they do not even have to ask them to accompany them to the Police Station. No doubt once arrested the Police use their powers to photo, fingerprint and DNA thus further treating them as a criminal.

As I said in my earlier post the stress and stigma of being a murder suspect hangs over them for a month or so until the matter is dropped.

Correct me if I'm wrong but GMP seem to have a bit of a reputation for arresting and then dropping the case at a later date - 2009 12 terror suspects, 2011 Nurse Rebecca Leighton

johncar54
20th September 2011, 15:19
Just supposing Mr Cooke told the police to P*** O** he would then have had to be arrested. As for cautioning him, as soon as police have evidence that a person MAY have committed an offence they MUST caution them, whether they have been arrested or not.

This case had to be investigated, without that no one could prove if a crime had or had not been committed.

As we know from the Tony Martin case (the Norfolk Framer) if unnecessary force is used it amounts to a criminal offence. Just because a person who has a criminal record is committing a crime, that does not justify him/her being killed.

Arthur Little
20th September 2011, 18:35
Hmm ... I guess we could find ourselves going round in circles :cwm12: with this argument ...

les_taxi
20th September 2011, 18:48
Yes I'm sure we would for me I'm glad another bad-un bites the dust:D

Dedworth
20th September 2011, 18:57
Just supposing Mr Cooke told the police to P*** O** he would then have had to be arrested. As for cautioning him, as soon as police have evidence that a person MAY have committed an offence they MUST caution them, whether they have been arrested or not.

This case had to be investigated, without that no one could prove if a crime had or had not been committed.

As we know from the Tony Martin case (the Norfolk Framer) if unnecessary force is used it amounts to a criminal offence. Just because a person who has a criminal record is committing a crime, that does not justify him/her being killed.

Putting supposition to one side what we do know is that Mr Cooke and the other two guys who found themselves in the same position (one of whom is a 72 year old pensioner) were arrested, locked in a cell for 24/48 hours and then released on bail - this did not need to happen.

One wonders what kind of evidence the GMP have that Mr Cooke may have committed murder (it is suspicion of that crime he was arrested for). Going back to supposition - maybe while Mr Cooke was in his lounge on Saturday afternoon watching the box, he phoned his neighbour and said "by the way don't come knocking on my door this afternoon because I'm going to stab the next person that does to death"

Mr Cooke and the other brave guys should be treated as victims of crime not criminals.

Arthur Little
20th September 2011, 19:02
... but one thing's for SURE :anerikke: - not only has this habitual burglar been "retired" [permanently] - he cannot ever be retried!

Arthur Little
20th September 2011, 19:23
And ... YES ... it's time the Government clarfied the law - whereby those who act in defence of their property and/or seek to protect the safety of others, are completely exonerated from any guilt arising from the consequences of their actions. :ReadIt:

Dedworth
20th September 2011, 19:35
And ... YES ... it's time the Government clarfied the law - whereby those who act in defence of their property and/or seek to protect the safety of others, are completely exonerated from any guilt arising from the consequences of their actions. :ReadIt:

Can we add to that Arthur -
"Those who cause the early demise of career criminals are given substantial reductions in their tax bills for the rest of their lives in recognition of the huge sums of public money they have saved that would have otherwise gone on Police, Court and Prison costs"

johncar54
20th September 2011, 20:12
Putting supposition to one side what we do know is that Mr Cooke and the other two guys who found themselves in the same position (one of whom is a 72 year old pensioner) were arrested, locked in a cell for 24/48 hours and then released on bail - this did not need to happen.

One wonders what kind of evidence the GMP have that Mr Cooke may have committed murder (it is suspicion of that crime he was arrested for). Going back to supposition - maybe while Mr Cooke was in his lounge on Saturday afternoon watching the box, he phoned his neighbour and said "by the way don't come knocking on my door this afternoon because I'm going to stab the next person that does to death"

Mr Cooke and the other brave guys should be treated as victims of crime not criminals.

A person is stabbed to death in another person's house. That needs to be investigated, as the police, unlike some it appears, cannot just guess what really happened !!!!!, they need to take a responsible, professional approach.

Dedworth
20th September 2011, 20:26
A person is stabbed to death in another person's house. That needs to be investigated, as the police, unlike some it appears, cannot just guess what really happened !!!!!, they need to take a responsible, professional approach.

I just think the Police approach in these 3 incidents is very, very heavy handed, all they needed to do was take them away from the scene and I'm sure being law abiding men they would have fully co-operated and answered the questions. That to me would be a responsible, professional approach bearing in mind they are dealing with victims of crime.

les_taxi
20th September 2011, 21:45
I have said this before break into any house with the intention of robbing etc then whatever you get tough ....,instant immunity from prosecution for the householder as he and his property were subject to a pre-meditated attack.
It's not fair to make the victim a criminal no matter what happens.

Arthur Little
20th September 2011, 22:09
It's not fair to make the victim a criminal no matter what happens.

:iagree:, Les ... :gp:!

Arthur Little
20th September 2011, 23:32
I have said this before break into any house with the intention of robbing etc then whatever you get tough ....

... well ... yes ... I mean if proper justice is to be served, it SHOULD be recognised that Jacobs "cooked his goose" by entering another person's property with criminal intent ... and it is in circumstances like these, :23_116_6[1]: that there is a crying need for the law to be changed in favour of the householder as opposed to the intruder.

Dedworth
7th October 2011, 09:19
A homeowner arrested on suspicion of murder after the death of an intruder at his home has been cleared of any wrongdoing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8812716/Homeowner-cleared-after-burglar-stabbed-to-death.html

Mr Cooke should be given a substantial reward from public funds and a medal for services to pest control

johncar54
7th October 2011, 09:24
I apologise for repeating my first post on this thread but I really could not resist saying to those critics of the police and doubting Thomases, I TOLD YOU SO

QUOTE:_ If there is evidence to SUSPECT that a person has committed a crime there is power to arrest.

Dedworth
7th October 2011, 09:53
He should never have been treated as a suspect and arrested in the first place. Law abiding householder confronting 2 germs who were using threats and violence to enter his property.

Thankfully one of the germs had his criminal career terminated - I hope some future victim of crime (because there certainly will be one) deals in a similar fashion with the other scumbag.